PDA

View Full Version : Is there a firmware/provisioning server?

gatorrobin
09-02-2008, 01:26 PM
In my Grandstream, I have fm.grandstream.com/gs for both firmware and provisioning.

I read in another thread about how a fw was pushed that wasn't supposed to be yet but how was it pushed if the ATA has fm.grandstream.com/gs ?

I'm not sure if all the settings are correct in my GS as everything seems to be default. Is that the way it's supposed to be? I get sporadic issues on calls such as when dialing an automated system, the touch tones not working or when I get a voice mail the phone disconnects. Actually it's not very often this happens but just makes me wonder if my GS is supposed to get updated every now and then.

usa2k
09-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Was the GS provided by VOIPo?

VOIPo will push software as needed, and there should be no settings to adjust except DSL or DHCP type ISP connection settings. You may want to open a ticket at http://support.voipo.com

myvoip07
09-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Even if you change any setting on the GS it will be overwritten or lost after reboot cause the GS will go and download the config/profile file from VoiPo provisioned/config server after reboot. If you want any changes to be made, open a support ticket and mentioned what changes you want and they will take care of it on the server side.

chpalmer
09-02-2008, 10:08 PM
provision.voipo.com/newdb is whats in mine for provisioning.

Yours is still the factory default.

If you have the right provisioning server entered, all the other important fields will be populated by the config file that downloads.

varaonaid
09-02-2008, 10:17 PM

Yours is still the factory default.

If you have the right provisioning server entered, all the other important fields will be populated by the config file that downloads.

Where do you check this to see which provisioning server is entered?

gatorrobin
09-03-2008, 02:36 PM
thanks chpalmer... that's what I needed.

Yes I got my GS from voipo but it was very early in the development. HG employees mostly got the very first accounts so mine must have came before they had a provisioning server up.

gatorrobin
09-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Well I put provision.voipo.com/newdb in the provision and config server path, rebooted but I don't see any changes, everything is the same as before.

May it will pick up the config by itself after awhile.

gatorrobin
09-03-2008, 02:41 PM

what about for config server path?

burris
09-03-2008, 03:15 PM
what about for config server path?

That's where it belongs....

fisamo
09-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Perhaps someone at VOIPo needs to enter your GS's MAC ID into their provisioning system?

VOIPoTim
09-03-2008, 06:00 PM
I think you had a GS from way back before we provisioned it. Since the MAC address into support@voipo.com and we'll give you the info to point it to our servers and get it entered in.