PDA

View Full Version : what about uploading customized greetings on VM?

gatorrobin
09-03-2008, 03:08 PM
What about having an option to upload a wav file containing your customized greeting for your voicemail?

This may be more suited for business lines, but having the option to create a clean and customized greeting on a PC that can then have static and recording noise cleaned up and for those who would like to add a low background track, would be pretty cool.

VOIPoTim
09-03-2008, 03:11 PM
What about having an option to upload a wav file containing your customized greeting for your voicemail?

This may be more suited for business lines, but having the option to create a clean and customized greeting on a PC that can then be have static and recording noise cleaned up and for those who would like to add a low background track, would be pretty cool.

Could be something for later, yeah. I'll add it to our idea list.

Right now focusing on launch so won't be adding/changing things up too much unless it's an actual bug.

gatorrobin
09-03-2008, 06:02 PM
sure of course... I should have prefaced it by saying a future idea :)

N9MD
09-09-2008, 04:18 PM
I have my Primary and Virtual VM settings set to "disable". And I use my Uniden 2-line cordless system (with voicemail) to pick up calls when we're not at home.

My Uniden rings 4 times if no incoming messages have been recorded --- and only two times (call saver feature) if a message has been left --- before picking up and going to the Uniden's voicemail.

Problem: Even though I set VM to "disable", unanswered calls are going to VOIPo's VM, not my Uniden. I have not been able to find a "ring count" setting among VOIPo's VM features --- which would allow me to set 20 rings so the caller will get no answer, hang up and call again. Nor have I been able to set a personal VOIPo VM message that says: " If you've reached this mailbox, please hang up and try calling 973-xxx-xxxx again."

Why is the VM disable "function not working? And can I set a ring count and record a personal message (since disabling is not working)?

VOIPoTim
09-09-2008, 04:35 PM
In the Voicemail section, the "Number of Rings" setting is under Mailbox Settings. It's the 4th item down.

To record a personal greeting, just dial 123 from your phone and use the PIN set under Mailbox Settings as well.

As far as the Disabled Option not working, that sounds like a bug we need to look into. I'll add it to list for developers.

dampier
02-08-2009, 07:10 PM
This is a feature I would find useful. The current voicemail system leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to sound quality. Having the ability to upload a sound file and keep at least some of the fidelity possible with that method would be a very standout feature for me.

NY Tel Guy
02-08-2009, 07:35 PM
This is a feature I would find useful. The current voicemail system leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to sound quality. Having the ability to upload a sound file and keep at least some of the fidelity possible with that method would be a very standout feature for me.
See now that is interesting, I made my recording from a hard wired handset with a high quality mic. The playback sounds like I am just next door. I have only experienced the choppy audio once or twice so overall I am satisfied with the playback quality. ;)

usa2k
02-09-2009, 04:56 AM
A Toll Saver ring for the VOIPo VM would be kinda cool as a sidetrack thought.

xx RINGS WITHOUT MESSAGES
xx RINGS WITH MESSAGES

(Confuse others by making the second one longer! :))