PDA

View Full Version : VOIPo BETA Ending Today

VOIPoTim
09-03-2008, 03:54 PM
NOTE: This applies to those who have been in the BETA program. If you ordered during pre-lauch, but were not in the original BETA, please ignore this thread. I will be posting some info for you guys specifically in another thread soon.

First for some good news, we're officially ready to launch at this point.

As many of you know, we've been accepting orders for the last few weeks and have had very few problems come up so far. We are working on making things a little more "polished", but otherwise, we're good to go now. We'd like to thank everyone here for your help and feedback that has helped us greatly as we've spent the last 2 years developing our service.

Now, for the bad news... Unfortunately all good things must come to an end and we're officially ending the BETA as of today. It's time to make a decision as to whether you'd like to maintain your VOIPo service or move on.

Our goal is to have the accounts accounted for by 9/15. This is somewhat of a short notice, but I know most of you have been expecting it and I've mentioned it a few times without a specific date. The 3 month BETA turned into 2 years, so I'm sure most of you can also understand that you did get a lot of free service. :) We really need to get this out of the way and all the "lingering" accounts linked up before we start bringing in volume. Otherwise auditing things at the end will be very difficult and these accounts will be more difficult.

Special Offer

For residential users, our "Founder's Plan" is available through 9/15. This is a standard unlimited residential plan that you can lock in for $99 per year if you act now. For those on the plan, it'll be flat rate and we'll absorb any taxes/fees for these accounts. This pricing assumes you already have a VOIPo ATA from the BETA. If you need a new ATA, these are available for $29.95.

Please see http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=413 for additional info about the residential offering and standard pricing.

For Express users, all numbers are available for at a founder's price of $24 yearly through 9/15. Again this rate will be locked in.

Please see http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=393 for additional info about the residential offering and standard pricing.

Bonus Offer

Additionally in order to expedite these conversions so we can clean house quickly and launch , we're going to add an extra incentive to convert now rather than later for ALL services whether residential or express.

For anyone (only those who have been in the BETA) who converts by the end of the day Sunday 9/7, we'll extend your renewal as if you had ordered service on 10/1.

This is essentially giving you another free month of service. Any BETA users who have already converted (most of you), we'll also be extending your renewal to 10/1 as well.

Cutoff Date

The official cutoff is going to be 9/15. Anything converted after 9/15 will be at the regular pricing and NOT eligible for the special founder's pricing or the tax waivers.

This applies to all number in the system including Express (Toll-Free, Virtual Local, Fax); Residential; and Addons (Virtual Numbers). At the end of the month, we'll be auditing the system and suspending any numbers not linked to an account.

Billing

Typically orders come in and a billing profile is established before an account is. Since this is really the reverse process, there's no clean way to do this and it will be somewhat of a manual process to link the accounts and audit all numbers to make sure they are linked to an account or deactivated.

Please keep this in mind as we're going through all the orders to match them up. It will be a little messy, but we're going through them manually. So if you don't see something immediately linked up, don't worry. Give us a few days to go through it before contacting us.

Cancellations/Port Outs

We understand that some of you may not wish to remain a customer or convert all your numbers to paid service. We also understand that porting is an unpredictable process and you can't always have a definitive timeline for ports to complete.

If you intend to port any numbers out, please contact us so we can notate your account in case the port takes longer than expected. We will work with you on the timing of this.

Ordering

Again, we are manually processing these. Here are the order forms to use:

Residential Conversion: http://billing.voipo.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=11

Express/Trio Conversion: http://billing.voipo.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41

NOTE: For Express, please enter one number in the order. If you have additional numbers in your Express account, please e-mail sales@voipo.com with a list of the ones you'd like to keep and the billing term (monthly/yearly) and we'll manually add them to your account. Again this is not going to be clean, but it's the only way to link these accounts easily.

Questions

If you have general questions about this, please post here.

If you have account specific questions, please contact support@voipo.com for assistance.

Brian
09-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Tim, does the $24/year for express apply to toll-free too?

fisamo
09-03-2008, 05:44 PM
So if I want to port in a local Express number, do I have to initiate the port before 9/15 to get the $24/yr price?

VOIPoTim
09-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Tim, does the $24/year for express apply to toll-free too?

Yes, we'll make it available for all items listed at http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=393 vs the normal $36/yr.

So if I want to port in a local Express number, do I have to initiate the port before 9/15 to get the $24/yr price?

Yes, orders need to be in by then to get that pricing.

Brian
09-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Yes, we'll make it available for all items listed at http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=393 vs the normal $36/yr.

Yes, orders need to be in by then to get that pricing.

Thanks Tim :) Just to clarify, when you say "lock-in", you're referring to the life of the account?

gbh2o
09-03-2008, 06:17 PM
First for some good news, we're officially ready to launch at this point.

CONGRATULATIONS, AND GOOD LUCK!

christcorp
09-03-2008, 06:20 PM
1st of all; I'd like to thank you Tim and the rest of VoipO for allowing me; and others; to be part of this great evolution and REVOLUTION of Voip. Question: I have already converted and PORTED my Packet8 account to voipo and ALL IS WELL. I am still using an additional voipo Beta line that I experiment with on different adapters, different features, etc.... the question in 2 parts is:

1) How long before any additional Beta numbers stop working?
2) Will you have pricing or specials if we'd like to convert any of these lines to a "Virtual Number"?

Also, on a pseudo separate topic, will the official web page, and LIST OF FEATURES and HOW TO's be coming online soon? Thx.... and thanks again for this tremendous opportunity. Mike...

VOIPoTim
09-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks Tim :) Just to clarify, when you say "lock-in", you're referring to the life of the account?

Yes.

1) How long before any additional Beta numbers stop working?
2) Will you have pricing or specials if we'd like to convert any of these lines to a "Virtual Number"?

1) We're saying the 15th is the cutoff, but in reallity, it'll be closer to the end of the month before we go through and audit them. It's going to take a little time to manually link there and go through them all so we want to leave some cushion.

2) We can honor the $24/yr price for virtual numbers as well. Just send in a ticket to have it done.

VOIPoTim
09-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Also, on a pseudo separate topic, will the official web page, and LIST OF FEATURES and HOW TO's be coming online soon? Thx.... and thanks again for this tremendous opportunity. Mike...

That's one of the main things being wrapped up right now. Documentation and polishing up everything. I'm told the "real" order form will be done Monday and the site is mostly done now.

Documentation is partially done and still has gaps being filled in.

arth
09-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Is it possible to get a 2nd ATA with another number in the Founders plan? If so, how?

I also have been most happy with the support - it is really appreciated to know you will go to the nth degree to support your customers.. thanks,

VOIPoTim
09-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Is it possible to get a 2nd ATA with another number in the Founders plan? If so, how?

I also have been most happy with the support - it is really appreciated to know you will go to the nth degree to support your customers.. thanks,

Yes, you can get additional accounts. I'll PM you a link.

tristatevoip
09-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Tim,

Thank you for letting us partake in the beta for Voipo.com
I think you have hit a home run. I have 2 Voipo Express number 1 is a virtual number. 1 a toll free number and 1 a fax number. I would like to keep all 3 of those. I also have a beta resential beta phone number that I would like to keep. So we just follow the avove links for the founders launch prices and enter the numbers 1 want to keep active. Also on your teaser site you have reseller voip is that coming with the intial launch or does that follow the launch.
VoIP Services Coming Soon:
Residential VoIP
Reseller VoIP

Toll-Free Numbers
Virtual Local Numbers
Online Faxing

Thanks in advance,
Jason

VOIPoTim
09-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Tim,

Thank you for letting us partake in the beta for Voipo.com
I think you have hit a home run. I have 2 Voipo Express number 1 is a virtual number. 1 a toll free number and 1 a fax number. I would like to keep all 3 of those. I also have a beta resential beta phone number that I would like to keep. So we just follow the avove links for the founders launch prices and enter the numbers 1 want to keep active. Also on your teaser site you have reseller voip is that coming with the intial launch or does that follow the launch.
VoIP Services Coming Soon:
Residential VoIP
Reseller VoIP

Toll-Free Numbers
Virtual Local Numbers
Online Faxing

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Hey Jason,

Yes, just follow the links for residential and express. For the 2nd and 3rd express numbers, just e-mail them to sales@voipo.com with what plan you want them on and we'll add them and bill your account manually.

The reseller portion won't be at initial launch, but shortly after. I do know of a few people who asked if they could sell the accounts before then just as they are now.

We don't have a problem with that, but you wouldn't have an official reseller panel to manage them and they'd be under the VOIPo brand.

Brian
09-03-2008, 08:45 PM
If we want to add a fax line to the residential account, we'd use the Express link I assume?

VOIPoTim
09-03-2008, 08:47 PM
If we want to add a fax line to the residential account, we'd use the Express link I assume?

For an existing one, yes. If you're adding anything brand new, it'll automatically take care of the billing aspect when you add in vPanel.

chpalmer
09-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Virtual numbers we might be using now, how do we go about including them?

Automatic?

And Congrats! :)

gatorrobin
09-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Virtual numbers we might be using now, how do we go about including them?

Automatic?

And Congrats! :)

Email sales@voipo.com with the virtual numbers and the info on your billing account (assuming you've converted to the founders plan already).

VOIPoTim
09-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Email sales@voipo.com with the virtual numbers and the info on your billing account (assuming you've converted to the founders plan already).

Yeah basically once you're all linked up, anything new you add with be billed automatically (or give you an error if not linked).

Anything existing needs to be manually added.

ilhy
09-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Hi Tim,

For the "founder plan", could we get a ATA from Voipo? And if I want to add a new line, it still in the founder plan, right?

Congrats.

Ilhy

gatorrobin
09-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Hi Tim,

For the "founder plan", could we get a ATA from Voipo? And if I want to add a new line, it still in the founder plan, right?

Congrats.

Ilhy

Basically everything needs to go to sales@voipo.com

They can provide you with a GS ATA and the price.

Tim monitors most of those emails anyway.

He replied to another poster here that you can order a second founders plan by the 15th.

Brian
09-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Basically everything needs to go to sales@voipo.com

They can provide you with a GS ATA and the price.

Tim monitors most of those emails anyway.

He replied to another poster here that you can order a second founders plan by the 15th.

Personally I think this is a fair question to be posted and replied to publicly - several of the testers did not get ATA's, and VOIPo's stance on this is something I'm sure several of us will be asking.

usa2k
09-04-2008, 09:13 PM
A second founder's plan - what a cool idea!
I'm interested - especially if a GS would come with it?

VOIPoTim
09-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi Tim,

Congrats.

Ilhy

We'll let you guys add additional lines on the Founders plan through the cutoff point.

The pricing for that assumes there's already an ATA, but if you do need an ATA, just add the $29.95 setup fee and we'll ship one out free. Just e-mail us after ordering to have that added.

VOIPoTim
09-05-2008, 03:16 AM
If you have anything pending for existing accounts billing wise right now or a ticket in for virtual numbers, etc please be patient. We have a lot of them coming in and will be batching them up and going through them all likely on Monday.

gatorrobin
09-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Personally I think this is a fair question to be posted and replied to publicly - several of the testers did not get ATA's, and VOIPo's stance on this is something I'm sure several of us will be asking.

I didn't say it wasn't a fair question nor that it shouldn't have been posted publicly. But since the exact same question had already been asked and answered by Tim, I was just trying to get an answer to the second poster of the same question quicker since Tim is so busy.

ilhy
09-05-2008, 10:54 AM
I didn't say it wasn't a fair question nor that it shouldn't have been posted publicly.

But my first question was to get an ATA from Voipo for my first line, not the second line. I haven't get an ATA during the beta test period.

Ilhy

GTOJim
09-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I joined on August 15th to late to become a member of the Founders Club. How about a Charter Members Club for those who sign up early? J/K there always has to be one person.

I don't think Tim sleeps. Tim replied to an e-mail at 1:18am Pacific time, just minutes after receiving my note. I had visions of my e-mail causing an alarm to go off waking up Tim in the middle night. Texas is a couple of hours ahead of us living on the west coast. He replied at 3:18am his time. Man that is service.

So far I am very happy with VOIPo..

Now that I buttered up the boss where's my Charter Membership? J/K Hehehe

VOIPoTim
09-05-2008, 01:08 PM
I joined on August 15th to late to become a member of the Founders Club. How about a Charter Members Club for those who sign up early? J/K there always has to be one person.

I don't think Tim sleeps. Tim replied to an e-mail at 1:18am Pacific time, just minutes after receiving my note. I had visions of my e-mail causing an alarm to go off waking up Tim in the middle night. Texas is a couple of hours ahead of us living on the west coast. He replied at 3:18am his time. Man that is service.

So far I am very happy with VOIPo..

Now that I buttered up the boss where's my Charter Membership? J/K Hehehe

Glad to hear. Feel free to go post a review at DSLReport. Callcentric is catching up this week :(

VOIPoTim
09-05-2008, 01:18 PM
But my first question was to get an ATA from Voipo for my first line, not the second line. I haven't get an ATA during the beta test period.

Ilhy

E-mail sales@voipo.com and we'll get you taken care of.

Montano
09-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Tim, I know you're incredibly busy right now so I'll ask this question here in hopes that someone else knows the answer. If we're already paying customers on the founders plan, then we need do nothing more correct ? No need to click on the link and go through signup again......

VOIPoTim
09-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Tim, I know you're incredibly busy right now so I'll ask this question here in hopes that someone else knows the answer. If we're already paying customers on the founders plan, then we need do nothing more correct ? No need to click on the link and go through signup again......

Right. If you're already on it and don't have other numbers to add like virtual numbers or express, you're all set.

The only thing that'll happen is that sometime next week you'll notice your renewal date being bumped up as if ordered on 10/1.

usa2k
09-05-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm jumping on the second number bandwagon with the GS.
Its a steal, but SHHHHHHHHH...... don't tell Tim! :)

Instead of a Virtual FL number, I'll just keep a full service number for a second outgoing.

It would be cool if they could both send my 734-437-xxxx DID, but in any case, I'm glad it got mentioned - just wouldn't have thought it would be allowed. With BroadvoxDirect I was paying $40 a month for two lines (one device).

GTOJim
09-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Glad to hear. Feel free to go post a review at DSLReport. Callcentric is catching up this week :(

Tim

We can't have that, just posted a positive review.

VOIPoTim
09-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Yesterday was the 15th so I wanted to post an update.

We're likely going to do the audit and go through every single item in billing early next week. Any renewal dates, etc will be corrected at that time. Anything not linked will be linked then.

If any last minute signups come in in the next few days, we'll honor them. Once the link stops working though, that's the cutoff for Founder's plan.

VOIPoTim
09-28-2008, 05:02 PM
The audit will be done this week finally. Anything that was not previously converted will be suspended.

First, we're going to go through ALL the orders in billing and verify all the account linking is done.

Then we're going through vPanel to double check that all billing profiles linked in it are valid.

Once we do those two things, anything left will be suspended. If you have virtual numbers or anything you need to keep that you know you haven't ordered yet, please e-mail sales@voipo.com and let us know what you need done and the billing term you'd like (monthly/yearly) so we can get them linked before they're canceled.

chpalmer
09-28-2008, 05:37 PM
at this point, my billing page does not show any of my stuff I had signed up for. Is this normal?

https://billing.voipo.com/clientarea.php?action=products

VOIPoTim
09-28-2008, 06:00 PM
at this point, my billing page does not show any of my stuff I had signed up for. Is this normal?

https://billing.voipo.com/clientarea.php?action=products

If it hasn't been linked yet for some reason, then yes. As long as you know you ordered, don't worry about it.

Once we go through the first audit of linking every single order, then that'll clear up.

I'll post when we've completed each phase of the audit so everyone knows when to double check their accounts.

dcshobby
10-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Any update on this yet as our account still shows as order pending and isn't linked to our number yet. Thanks!

RockyBB
10-13-2008, 09:23 AM
I elected not to pick up VOIPO as a paid provider. My plug was pulled yesterday (Sunday Oct 12). thank you for the hospitality and courtesies, and good luck to you all!

VOIPoJustin
10-13-2008, 05:04 PM
The first phase of the billing audit has been completed. Please log in to your billing system and confirm that everything you have ordered is listed with the appropriate phone numbers and renewal dates. If you encounter any issues, please email support@voipo.com (mailto:support@voipo.com) before we finalize the audit process.

usa2k
10-13-2008, 05:34 PM
My purchases are linked.

I thought the one date seems older - they were to be updated?

734-437-xxxx Renew 07-15-2009
352-399-xxxx Renew 09-09-2009

BTW I really like the format of https://billing.voipo.com/

The only thing that'll happen is that sometime next week you'll notice your renewal date being bumped up as if ordered on 10/1.

Montano
10-13-2008, 05:45 PM
All my items show up now, but a couple of the DID's listed are not mine. I have sent an email to support.

voxabox
10-13-2008, 06:30 PM
My purchases are linked.

I thought the one date seems older - they were to be updated?

734-437-xxxx Renew 07-15-2009
352-399-xxxx Renew 09-09-2009

BTW I really like the format of https://billing.voipo.com/

mine look proper:
703-651-xxxx Next Due Date: 10/01/2009
703-723-xxxx Next Due Date: 10/01/2009

chpalmer
10-13-2008, 06:47 PM
On monthly terms is my credit card charged automatically or do I need to log in and do it manually? :D

VOIPoTim
10-13-2008, 08:03 PM
For those of you with discrepancies, don't worry. Just send in a ticket and it'll get fixed tomorrow. There are a ton of accounts and since these were manually linked, there are bound to be some errors.

If you haven't checked your billing account, please do so even if you think it's likely not going to have a problem.

fisamo
10-14-2008, 05:02 AM
I was a bit surprised to find some discrepancies with mine--some of the DID numbers were incorrect, even though they had been right before. Not a big deal, ticket sent. :)

EDIT: BTW, I checked my email account AFTER posting this message, and I found that my account had been fixed within an hour of my submitting the ticket.

VOIPoJustin
10-14-2008, 09:48 AM
A common discrepancy you might (currently) encounter is your billing system listing one of your associated numbers multiple times in the itemized list. Please note that this is a discrepancy only in the visual representation of your account within billing. As long as your VOIPo account is linked with one of your associated numbers, the billing system is 'correctly' synced on our end. With that said, please continue to submit tickets regarding any inconsistencies (or visual issues) associated with this manual sync of the user billing accounts, and we will quickly iron them out!

usa2k
10-14-2008, 05:03 PM
mine look proper:
703-651-xxxx Next Due Date: 10/01/2009
703-723-xxxx Next Due Date: 10/01/2009Me too now!

VOIPoTim
10-14-2008, 05:32 PM
On monthly terms is my credit card charged automatically or do I need to log in and do it manually? :D

It's automatic.