PDA

View Full Version : Reseller SCAM

tloosle
05-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Has anyone else fallen for this scam?

Voipo says you get the first 3 accounts free. Then refuses to honor that statement and charges you for all of the accounts you have.

Support only gives you insults and refuses to show full details of terms and conditions.

GreenLantern
05-30-2013, 07:26 AM
If there's a discrepancy, it should not be presumed that it is a "scam". Probably more like a "bug".

Voipo has been very busy, actively developing a great reseller program.

Along the way, there have been some issues, and they have mostly been addresses (when and where possible).

Give them time to investigate the matter, and I'm sure they'll give you a response.

Sometimes a "bug" can take a day or more to find, so hang in there. :)

tloosle
05-30-2013, 03:05 PM
I have contacted support. They are hyper technical on the wording and refuse to offer any help.

so, you may get 3 free numbers when you sign up. If you change them or delete them and port numbers into the system, YOU lose the 3 free numbers.

The web page leads you to beleive that the first 3 numbers you have in your account will not cost you the 1.00 per account per month. That is simply not true and misleading at best. Perhaps not a scam but dishonest and again, misleading.

GreenLantern
05-30-2013, 03:44 PM
It is a bit ambiguous, but again I don't think they are trying to scam anyone.

If you're actually a reseller, you'll soon learn that it's very hard to create a website that is concise, yet perfectly clear, on every detail.

So close the account, create a new account, and get your 3 numbers. 8)

VOIPoTim
06-03-2013, 12:01 PM
The first 3 numbers setup are free, but that applies to the first 3 only to get you started. Once those are used up the first time, all future ones are billable.

tloosle
06-04-2013, 02:39 PM
You should really change the wording on your web page to make that clear.

chevyman
06-28-2013, 06:13 PM
The first 3 numbers setup are free, but that applies to the first 3 only to get you started. Once those are used up the first time, all future ones are billable.

i just checked and they are charging me for my first 3 too! Whats going on TIM???

chevyman
06-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Also i was just started to do a port for a FAX line, and it says its going to charge $2 a month, what's going on with that?