View Full Version : Call Forwarding enhancement

voxabox
09-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Tim,

I have a possible use case for Call Forwarding enhancement

scenario:

I have a home VOIPo line
I set Call Forwarding to my wife cell number
if she calls home (say to check for messages on the answering machine), the call gets forwarded to her cell

Call Forwarding could be made a bit more intelligent such that it detects the incoming call is originated from "forwarded" number and rings the original destination instead

Is there an appropriate place for suggestion type of posts?

Cheers,
-v

burris
09-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Tim,

I have a possible use case for Call Forwarding enhancement

scenario:

I have a home VOIPo line
I set Call Forwarding to my wife cell number
if she calls home (say to check for messages on the answering machine), the call gets forwarded to her cell

Call Forwarding could be made a bit more intelligent such that it detects the incoming call is originated from "forwarded" number and rings the original destination instead

Is there an appropriate place for suggestion type of posts?

Cheers,
-v

Timely post....this just happened to me yesterday...but the good thing was that the forwarding worked flawlessly, and that was the important thing.

voxabox
09-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Timely post....this just happened to me yesterday...but the good thing was that the forwarding worked flawlessly, and that was the important thing.
thanks,
one feature that I'd really like to have is sim. ring
even better, scheduled sim. ring;)

burris
09-12-2008, 11:54 AM
thanks,
one feature that I'd really like to have is sim. ring
even better, scheduled sim. ring;)

I had forgotten about that...it was quite handy..

NY Tel Guy
09-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Timely post....this just happened to me yesterday...but the good thing was that the forwarding worked flawlessly, and that was the important thing.Here's a number to use to drive people crazy if you want to get even (bad Karma....)

Forward them to:
212 757-9901
:p

digger16309
09-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Why does a forwarded number automatically end up whitelisted?

I like to forward telemarketers, banks, and other unwanted callers to their own main number.

When I try to do so, it creates a forward and puts it in the whitelist.

It looks odd to me. I want to forward the number away from me. I don't want to marry it.

Does it matter?

N9MD
09-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Here's a number to use to drive people crazy if you want to get even (bad Karma....)

Forward them to:
212 757-9901
:pAnd ... for some real chuckles ...
631-265-0000
631-360-0000
218-488-1302

gatorrobin
09-12-2008, 09:44 PM
And ... for some real chuckles ...
631-265-0000

That one is classic. Reminds of when Kevin Mitnick used to be able to set anyone's home phone to a pay phone status in a matter of seconds LOL