PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Number Not Deleted?

digger16309
09-12-2008, 10:15 PM
I had a virtual number while I was porting a number. When the number ported, I deleted the virtual number from my account that day.

However, my call logs and phone CID show calls going to my virtual number (which I never gave out to anyone). These are telemarketer calls which I have now blocked.

I have been out of town so I don't know if the calls actually rang my phone, but since they show up in CID, and last for about 15 seconds, I'm guessing they did and that the wife answered them.

Why is the virtual number still active and why are strange and unwanted calls to it getting through?

burris
09-13-2008, 03:49 AM
I also had a virtual number for the same reason.

If you go to the VPanel under features\virtual number...I think you can delete it from there..

digger16309
09-13-2008, 06:46 AM
I did delete it. It no longer shows up in the control panel.

But the number is still getting calls and they are coming to my ATA and then my phone.

This, despite the fact that I gave the virtual number to no one.

burris
09-13-2008, 06:55 AM
I did delete it. It no longer shows up in the control panel.

But the number is still getting calls and they are coming to my ATA and then my phone.

This, despite the fact that I gave the virtual number to no one.

Really strange...

But, the only time I used mine was during the porting process when I forwarded VT to that number.

Maybe this will take care if it....

The official cutoff is going to be 9/15. Anything converted after 9/15 will be at the regular pricing and NOT eligible for the special founder's pricing or the tax waivers.

This applies to all number in the system including Express (Toll-Free, Virtual Local, Fax); Residential; and Addons (Virtual Numbers). At the end of the month, we'll be auditing the system and suspending any numbers not linked to an account.

fisamo
09-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Out of curiosity, how do you know the virtual number is receiving the calls?

Also, one possibility (not sure how Voipo does it) is that while your port was in process and you had the virtual number, Voipo could have been sending your virtual# as CID with outgoing calls...

digger16309
09-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Out of curiosity, how do you know the virtual number is receiving the calls?

Also, one possibility (not sure how Voipo does it) is that while your port was in process and you had the virtual number, Voipo could have been sending your virtual# as CID with outgoing calls...

I know it is the virtual number receiving the calls because that is what shows up in my call log in the "To" line.

Good guess, but in my tests while waiting for the number to port, the porting number was set as the CID for outgoing calls.

fisamo
09-13-2008, 03:32 PM
If you dial your own number from your cell phone, what do the call logs show? Is the 'to' number your temp # or your ported number?

digger16309
09-13-2008, 04:45 PM
If you dial your own number from your cell phone, what do the call logs show? Is the 'to' number your temp # or your ported number?

Now, it shows my ported number.

Before my number ported, I had it forwarded from ViaTalk and the To number was my virtual number.

Again, what I described in my original post were calls that showed up as To my virtual number, days after I deleted that number from my account.

fisamo
09-13-2008, 05:18 PM
I understand--I just wasn't sure if voipo was somehow still tagging calls dialed to your ported number as coming in to your former temp number, even though the port was complete.

If you dial your old temp number and your ported number (separate calls from a cell phone), what happens in both cases? Do both calls ring your ATA? What do the call logs show?

digger16309
09-14-2008, 08:10 AM
I understand--I just wasn't sure if voipo was somehow still tagging calls dialed to your ported number as coming in to your former temp number, even though the port was complete.

If you dial your old temp number and your ported number (separate calls from a cell phone), what happens in both cases? Do both calls ring your ATA? What do the call logs show?

When I dial the number I ported, it shows up in my call logs as a call to that ported number, and it rings my phone.

When I dial the canceled virtual number, it shows up in my call logs as a call to that virtual number, and it rings my phone.

This is 5 days after I deleted the virtual number from my account and it no longer shows up in the control panel.

fisamo
09-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Since you were asking, I figured that to be the case, just wanted to be sure. :) I can't say I have any advice for you, though, other than to wait it out or submit a ticket. There's a good chance it will go away with the line audit later this month, anyway.

digger16309
09-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Since you were asking, I figured that to be the case, just wanted to be sure. :) I can't say I have any advice for you, though, other than to wait it out or submit a ticket. There's a good chance it will go away with the line audit later this month, anyway.

I did submit a ticket and this has been resolved. Not that this was ever a big deal really, it just kind of irked me for some reason, I think, because of the odd telemarketer calls.