PDA

View Full Version : CPC and HT-286

voxabox
09-21-2008, 07:58 AM
I happened to be home yesterday when someone called.
I let the answering machine handle it. The caller hung up; however,
I ended up with an annoying "off hook/reoder" pulsing Klaxon tone recorded on my machine:eek:

updated:
I thought the annoying "off hook/reoder" tone was recorded only when the callers hung up without leaving a message. It got recorded when the callers left a message as well - at the end of the recorded message

It seemed that the HT-286 was "too slow" in detecting that the calling party has disconnected.

I experienced the same issue while I was with another VOIP provider. Fortunately, I was able to fixed it by tweaking the "CPC delay" and the "CPC duration" on the linksys/sipura ATA.

Looking through the HT-286 documentation, I did not see any provision for CPC.
The "Onhook Threshold" seems to be the closest thing.

updated:
further reading tells me that I was wrong about "Onhook Threshold":
The "Onhook Threshold" is for the hook flash/call waiting purposes!

Assuming that the HT-286 does not allow any CPC tweaking, is there anything can be done with the SIP server?

Yeah, I know, I'm olde schooled, but I still like to use the answering machine
(so that I can screen calls)

usa2k
09-21-2008, 08:13 AM
(so that I can screen calls) As an aside, I am hoping one day the ATA will do the message processing with a screening option. If no answer, besides recording the message, the message and envelope could get forwarded to designated email destination(s). Old school/New school at their best :D

I envision this ATA with a digital answering machine buttons built in, and phone key sequences, so you don't need to be at it to control it.

voxabox
10-21-2008, 04:57 AM
I happened to be home yesterday when someone called.
I let the answering machine handle it. The caller hung up; however,
I ended up with an annoying "off hook/reoder" pulsing Klaxon tone recorded on my machine:eek:

updated:
I thought the annoying "off hook/reoder" tone was recorded only when the callers hung up without leaving a message. It got recorded when the callers left a message as well - at the end of the recorded message

It seemed that the HT-286 was "too slow" in detecting that the calling party has disconnected.

I experienced the same issue while I was with another VOIP provider. Fortunately, I was able to fixed it by tweaking the "CPC delay" and the "CPC duration" on the linksys/sipura ATA.

Looking through the HT-286 documentation, I did not see any provision for CPC.
The "Onhook Threshold" seems to be the closest thing.

updated:
further reading tells me that I was wrong about "Onhook Threshold":
The "Onhook Threshold" is for the hook flash/call waiting purposes!

Assuming that the HT-286 does not allow any CPC tweaking, is there anything can be done with the SIP server?

(so that I can screen calls)
Just came home to find several annoying reorder tone "messages" on the answering machine:mad:
Apparently, the HT-502 (Program-- 1.0.1.8 Bootloader-- 1.0.0.9 Core-- 1.0.0.23 Base-- 1.0.0.6) still exhibits the same annoying behaviour; however it seems to happen less frequently (than the HT-286);

voxabox
10-21-2008, 10:24 AM
the wife just complained to me about this problem:eek:
hopefully it can be fixed before I hear about it from my parents
Ticket submitted: BLE-267247

voxabox
10-21-2008, 01:24 PM
ticket got resolved pretty quickly: issue has been forwarded to developers.
however, it was marked closed:confused:
I put it back to onto "hold" as it's awaiting for dev/vendor resolution

I wish I had participated in beta testing the GS/HT ATA:mad: