PDA

View Full Version : Porting Fees - $0

VOIPoTim
10-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I've had 3 people in the last few weeks ask me about porting fees. We don't charge any fees for porting phone numbers in or out.

There may be some confusion on this because some people on DSLReports are saying it costs $20+ wholesale to port a number, but this is simply not true unless they are dealing with a "wholesale" account that really has "discounted retail" pricing on it. Obviously there are different dollar commitment level with different upstream carriers, but when you commit at a decent level, most non-usage fees disappear...at least with all the ones I've dealt with.

We have no additional costs outside of the cost of labor to process the requests for port-ins and there are no "wholesale fees" to pass on.

Numbers can be ported in for residential accounts (including as virtual numbers) and as express accounts.

usa2k
10-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Thank you! It seems only recently with the cut-rate BYOD PAYG companies, that I have ever heard of charging! You should put your post on the public facing side of these forums too.

BTW, can anybody sign-up here, or do you need to be a customer?
(And if customer status is needed, will that be that way long term?)