PDA

View Full Version : New Voicemail System

VOIPoTim
10-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Now that things have settled down a little with the new voicemail system and everyone is on it, do you think it was an improvement over the old one?

Does anyone think the old one was better?

What things would you like to see added to it? We have significantly more flexibility with this new system. Probably won't be adding anything right now since we're in launch, but I wanted to get some ideas to see where things are overall with people being happy with it and to start adding to the future list.

NY Tel Guy
10-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Now that things have settled down a little with the new voicemail system and everyone is on it, do you think it was an improvement over the old one?

Does anyone think the old one was better?

What things would you like to see added to it? We have significantly more flexibility with this new system. Probably won't be adding anything right now since we're in launch, but I wanted to get some ideas to see where things are overall with people being happy with it and to start adding to the future list.
1. Absolutely it is a much better system than the old one.
2. Would love to see the prompts for save, skip and delete to mimic that of most other commercial VM systems. 9 to save, 7 to erase, etc.
3. Call return that works

Thats all I have to add right now....

scott2020
10-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi

One comment I have heard about this VM system from people who called me is the stop talking to end recording part. If you pause too long in a thought or something, all of a sudden you hear yourself talking back to you! Most of the time it isn't a big deal, but it is different from other VM's.

Scott

NY Tel Guy
10-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Hi

One comment I have heard about this VM system from people who called me is the stop talking to end recording part. If you pause too long in a thought or something, all of a sudden you hear yourself talking back to you! Most of the time it isn't a big deal, but it is different from other VM's.

ScottYeah I forgot about that. I think that should be disabled.

usa2k
10-05-2008, 09:20 PM
And my wish is a way to unify my VM to both my primary lines.
Some future plan must be down the road for vPanel I expect?

VOIPoTim
10-05-2008, 09:22 PM
And my wish is a way to unify my VM to both my primary lines.
Some future plan must be down the road for vPanel I expect?

There will be some more consolidation options for vPanel accounts after the reseller program is rolled out.

chpalmer
10-05-2008, 11:15 PM
I like the new system.

Im a bit impatient when listening to automated voice systems. This system seems to get to the point a little quicker.

:D

Montano
10-06-2008, 07:05 AM
It may be hard finding someone who prefers the old system ;)

varaonaid
10-09-2008, 09:07 AM
1. Absolutely it is a much better system than the old one.
2. Would love to see the prompts for save, skip and delete to mimic that of most other commercial VM systems. 9 to save, 7 to erase, etc.
3. Call return that works

Thats all I have to add right now....

FWIW, iust wanted to mention that from force of habit the other day, when I wanted to delete a message on the new system, I pressed "7" without thinking since that's what's used in many other VM systems (as you said). The new VM system recognized it without trouble and deleted the message.

Haven't tried "9" yet for saving one though.

usa2k
10-09-2008, 06:55 PM
I checked VM by calling my number and hitting * during the outgoing message.
VM password and listened to a message.
Call records showed that I had 44 seconds talking to my VOIPo line, not VM.

Just thought you might want to catch that a VM maybe?
Not really sure what kind of termination it really was since the Connection was to VOIPo VM?

It may be how you want it by design.

Also a second call was different than the call log recorded versus CID.
Correction - 8 second call was logged in call history - OK
Too short and not listed in CID.
The other call was the previous day!

varaonaid
10-10-2008, 07:56 AM
When I've listened to VM the past couple of days, the voice prompts that give the date and time have been rather garbled and a bit mixed up. Not a dealbreaker but thought you might want to know.

zevin
10-11-2008, 12:25 AM
When I've listened to VM the past couple of days, the voice prompts that give the date and time have been rather garbled and a bit mixed up. Not a dealbreaker but thought you might want to know.

Yes I just noticed that... I don't usually give the time stamp much attention. It is at times garbled a bit. Perhaps the timing needs adjustment. I am sure it is on the to-do list.http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2031/worktd8.gif

digger16309
10-23-2008, 09:37 AM
I had a big problem with VM today when trying to leave my wife a message.

Three times I stopped briefly to collect my thoughts, and boom - end of recording and it is playing it back to me. Once, I didn't even stop talking I don't think. I had to re-record the VM 3 times and on the 4th try I just said screw it and told her to call me.

That whole "just stop talking" thing needs to go away (please).

Minor Problem: Can it be setup so it doesn't automatically play back the message to the person leaving it? That bugged me. I just wanted to leave the message, not double the time I need to do so, or in this case, sextuple the time.

I finally figured out that hitting # made that go away but that may not be intuitive to the average jamoke leaving me a message.

scott2020
10-23-2008, 10:06 AM
That is one thing I mentioned as an irritant in an earlier post. It first happened to me like it did you, but I have had a couple of times where it cut other people off. What I get in the voicemail is a partial message, with a call back shortly after with the person saying "don't know what happened, but your machine cut me off before I was done..." that sort of thing.

scott

Montano
10-23-2008, 04:51 PM
My VMWI light will not go off on my phone. Been like that for 2 days now. I have no messages and have rebooted my TA. Submitted a ticket today and hope they can fix it.

usa2k
10-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Or make the pause thing work after exceeding 120 seconds ...

Also have a maximum message length (range) settable by the user on vPanel.
I do not need a 5 minute political recorded message. :eek:

(I see the 286 still does not clear message indicators too.)

scott2020
10-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Or make the pause thing work after exceeding 120 seconds ...

I agree. It would be nice to be able to set it, or limit it to 120 seconds. I think that is plenty long to leave a message!

VOIPoTim
10-23-2008, 08:14 PM
One thing about the playback feature is that you should be able to just hangup when it starts playing and the message still be left. You don't need to go through the whole process.

digger16309
10-24-2008, 07:30 AM
One thing about the playback feature is that you should be able to just hangup when it starts playing and the message still be left. You don't need to go through the whole process.

I wasn't really paying attention to the instructions. Does it say that?

Most VM systems I have used don't automatically playback the message so I waited until it was done to give me instructions.

fisamo
10-24-2008, 11:04 AM
I wasn't really paying attention to the instructions. Does it say that?

Most VM systems I have used don't automatically playback the message so I waited until it was done to give me instructions.

Rather than an immediate replay of the message, why not prompt for choices?
"Message recording paused."

Press 1 to listen to your message.
Press 2 to continue leaving your message (as if you had not been interrupted).
Press 3 to erase your message and start over.
Press 4 to erase your message and disconnect without leaving a message.
Press 9 (or hang up) to send your message and disconnect.

If you press 1 to listen, you will be presented with these choices again when the message playback concludes. What is the current length of silence required for the system to assume the message is complete? This way, even if the system interrupts the sender, they have an easy way to continue leaving their message...