PDA

View Full Version : HT-286 audio delay (answering incoming calls)

voxabox
10-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Since we started using VOIPo supplied HT-286 ATA, we've experienced 1-3 ms audio delay with answering incoming calls - my wife is getting tired of saying "hello, hello, hello,...":mad:

Initially, I thought the delay was caused by VT "internet forwarding" - I had to do this as my number has not been ported yet; There is a post about the very same issue (http://forums.grandstream.com/node/1173) on the Grandstream's forums

FWIW, my SPA1001 does not exhibit the same behaviour (same network configuration); unfortunately, due to session timer handling issue (http://forums.voipo.com/showpost.php?p=5303&postcount=14), I cannot use the SPA1001 to work around the problem

I'm interested in hearing if anyone (with VOIPo provisioned ATAs) notices the same behaviour

Cheers,
-v

voxabox
10-08-2008, 07:12 PM
20 views and no comments
I take it that none has experienced the same issue
Lucky me
I guess
I"ll submit a ticket - Ticket ID: UNZ-191324

scott2020
10-09-2008, 08:36 AM
I can say that I haven't noticed it. My wife is on the phone a lot so I'm sure I would have heard about it by now. The only complaint I have heard from her so far is the goofy call waiting tones, no MWI on my Panasonic phones, and my adapter hard locks up on occasion. VOIPo support enabled some additional logging on mine so they can see what was going on if it locks up hard again.

Scott

voxabox
10-09-2008, 12:39 PM
I can say that I haven't noticed it. My wife is on the phone a lot so I'm sure I would have heard about it by now. The only complaint I have heard from her so far is the goofy call waiting tones, no MWI on my Panasonic phones, and my adapter hard locks up on occasion. VOIPo support enabled some additional logging on mine so they can see what was going on if it locks up hard again.

Scott
Scott,

Thanks for your comments...
It's good to hear that you did not notice this issue

Cheers,
-v

NY Tel Guy
10-09-2008, 01:59 PM
I too have not noticed this delay on my GS adapter.

zevin
10-09-2008, 02:46 PM
20 views and no comments

No delay here.

In addition I have had no adapter lockup. Could it be from a under/overvoltage?

scott2020
10-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I don't think my lockups are power related. I have it on a UPS with my computer, so the power is pretty clean. In general power is clean where I live too. Hopefully the logs show something. It happened twice in 3 weeks, so it is very intermittent.

Scott

zevin
10-09-2008, 07:22 PM
I don't think my lockups are power related. I have it on a UPS with my computer, so the power is pretty clean. In general power is clean where I live too. Hopefully the logs show something. It happened twice in 3 weeks, so it is very intermittent.

Scott

If its going through a UPS then you are OK. I just asked because I have run into other equipment that doesn't play nice with poor power quality.

NY Tel Guy
10-09-2008, 07:23 PM
If its going through a UPS then you are OK. I just asked because I have run into other equipment that doesn't play nice with poor power quality.Yes but frequently a bad power supply will take anything down even if plugged into a UPS>

voxabox
10-27-2008, 11:04 AM
VOIPo sent me a HT-502
Replacing the HT-286 with the H-502 seems to have fixed the problem
Once in a while, we encounter a partial "hello", but most of the time we do not have any delay (as we did with the HT-286)