PDA

View Full Version : VM Stutter Tone Stuck?

digger16309
10-19-2008, 05:40 PM
I have no voicemails in my inbox, and none saved either. I'm also showing none online in the control panel.

Yet, the stutter dial tone persists.

Is there a way to clear this without putting in a ticket?

burris
10-19-2008, 05:56 PM
I have no voicemails in my inbox, and none saved either. I'm also showing none online in the control panel.

I had to put in a ticket to clear mine. Did the same thing...but only once. ..

digger16309
10-19-2008, 05:59 PM
I had to put in a ticket to clear mine. Did the same thing...but only once. ..

Thanks - will do.

zevin
10-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Did you try to reboot the ATA by unplugging it and plugging it back in?

1bird2
10-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Seeing same issue -- now with the 502 ATA (no acutal vm in system, but still have notification that I have a message -- after I did and deleted, over 60 mins after deleting message). (and voice mail light on - probably related). This needs to be rock solid (fixed) before GA on services to the masses.

-bird

scott2020
10-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Same thing for me on the 286. I opened a ticket as well.

usa2k
10-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Me too. Power cycle of the 286 cleared it.

christcorp
10-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Same here. I'm using a linksys RT31P2. It's on one of my beta lines. Continual stutter dial tone. No messages waiting; however the message waiting light on my phone continually flashes. Rebooted ATA as well as phone (Power cycled both). Still got the stuttering dial tone. later... mike....

NY Tel Guy
10-19-2008, 09:52 PM

Old Bell System trick:

Leave yourself a VM from another line.
Hang up
Call your voice mail
Listen to voice mail
Erase voice mail

usually works....lol

usa2k
10-19-2008, 10:28 PM
It would be nice if there were voice messages (and you erase all), or no voice messages, and when you exit the Voice Mail system, it would send a clear VMWI, and clear the stutter tone. That way if it glitched, it could catch it on the next check.

VOIPoTim
10-19-2008, 10:36 PM
This is on the bug list for Ray to look at first thing Monday morning since he wrote the VMWI script. Should be able to fix it relatively quickly and see if we can figure out why it has had issues.

GTOJim
10-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Same issue for me this weekend. Deleted voice mail messages but adapter still has blinking green light, also getting the stutter tone. After power cycling the adapter everything seems ok.

NY Tel Guy
10-19-2008, 10:55 PM
It would be nice if there were voice messages (and you erase all), or no voice messages, and when you exit the Voice Mail system, it would send a clear VMWI, and clear the stutter tone. That way if it glitched, it could catch it on the next check.lol that only works for plans priced 11 dollars and up.;)

VOIPoRay
10-20-2008, 09:03 AM
As of right now, MWI should be correct. It should also be updated hourly.

I'm just curious how people were deleting messages when the MWI wasn't turning off... by web or phone. Both methods should be working, but it would be nice to know.

scott2020
10-20-2008, 09:27 AM
I was pressing 7 to delete the message through the phone. I haven't used the web interface much yet.
Scott

GTOJim
10-20-2008, 12:51 PM
I just deleted two voice mail messages from this morning. Adapter still has blinking green light and have stutter tone 30 minutes after deleting messages.

Messages deleted via phone.

VOIPoJustin
10-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Currently the MSI is getting toggled each hour; I imagine we will be re-adjusting the refresh rate of this to a much smaller window, or re-addressing the issue in the near future to make it much more instantaneous (and practical).

With that said let us know if it doesn't stop after another 30 minutes.. :)

zevin
10-20-2008, 01:16 PM
This afternoon I came home to find the VMI light flashing on my 286. Calling the VM indicated I had no new messages. After hanging up from VM the light continued to flash. I power cycled the ATA and now we are good.

Could this be from VIOPo making changes and our adapters falling out.

96% of the time I check VM via phone and delete using 7.

VOIPoTim
10-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Basically when we moved to the new voicemail system, the MWI notification stuff had to be redone. It doesn't seem to be working as intended so we've just now decided to just roll out the old MWI/stutter notification stuff that we used in the past with the old VM system.

This way it'll be instant and working 100% of the time again.

I'm told this should be in place by the end of the day or worst case tomorrow.

burris
10-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Basically when we moved to the new voicemail system, the MWI notification stuff had to be redone. It doesn't seem to be working as intended so we've just now decided to just roll out the old MWI/stutter notification stuff that we used in the past with the old VM system.

This way it'll be instant and working 100% of the time again.

I'm told this should be in place by the end of the day or worst case tomorrow.

Just to throw in my experience, I have VM disabled. Just to check, I dial 123 and put in my PW and the recording reads the menu...telling me to push 1 for...etc., and to push # to exit.
Shouldn't the selections indicate whether you have new or saved..and shouldn't the # exit you. It seems that the selections are not responding.
I have no problem elsewhere with DTMF functioning..

GTOJim
10-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Currently the MSI is getting toggled each hour; I imagine we will be re-adjusting the refresh rate of this to a much smaller window, or re-addressing the issue in the near future to make it much more instantaneous (and practical).

With that said let us know if it doesn't stop after another 30 minutes.. :)

I still have the stutter tone. I'll be gone for awhile, will check the status when I return in 4 hours

VOIPoRay
10-20-2008, 01:50 PM
It would be nice if there were voice messages (and you erase all), or no voice messages, and when you exit the Voice Mail system, it would send a clear VMWI, and clear the stutter tone. That way if it glitched, it could catch it on the next check.

Ask, and ye shall receive.... When you check the VM now (even if nothing's changed) it should send an MWI event to tell the ATA whether it has messages or not. So if your device missed a notify or something, just calling in to check again should do the trick.

digger16309
10-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Mine is in fact fixed and thanks for the update via the ticketing system as well.

I'm not sure what kind of lag time is built into the system, but when I tested it, I thought I had the same problem because the MWI remained after for some period of time VM deletion. It felt like a minute but may have been shorter.

GTOJim
10-20-2008, 08:35 PM
I still have the stutter tone. I'll be gone for awhile, will check the status when I return in 4 hours

When I returned home after 4 hours the voice mail indicator light was blinking, still had the stutter tone.

This afternoon I received a GS-502 which fixed a couple problems I was having.

Shortly after hooking up the GS-502 the voice mail indicator on my phone started blinking, stutter tone was back. Maybe playing around with it triggered something. I set it up behind my router and made a test call to VOIPo which I did not answer, nor did I leave a voice mail message, hung up after it started ringing. I dialed 123 to check for messages, zero new messages. Indicator light kept blinking, stutter tone present.

A couple of hours later I power cycled the adapter and called it again letting it ring twice and hung up. So far no indication of a new voice mail message.

Sorry for the long post. Trying to give as much info as possible to help with the trouble shooting process.

Update: The voice mail indicator light started blinking, no incoming calls. Wife checked and found zero new messages. After she checked for messages the indicator light stopped blinking.

Second Update: Voice mail indicator light blinking again with stutter tone. No incoming or out going phone calls.

Hope this helps.

zevin
10-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Ask, and ye shall receive.... When you check the VM now (even if nothing's changed) it should send an MWI event to tell the ATA whether it has messages or not. So if your device missed a notify or something, just calling in to check again should do the trick.

If so it did not work for me. I came home to the light blinking again and stutter tone on my 286 with no VM. I checked the VM via 123 and then 1 for good measure and # to exit. Hung up and the light stayed off. Had dinner and looked over and the thing is blinking again. Did the VM bit again and again its blinking.

Looks like I need to submit a ticket.

christcorp
10-21-2008, 11:47 AM
FWIW; I got home yesterday, and my MWI on the phone and the stuttering dial tone has stopped. When I get home today, I will call and leave myself a voicemail; check it; delete it; and see if everything resets as it's suppose to. Later... Mike....

zevin
10-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Home for the day and look my 286 is flashing VMI. Support here I come.

quattrohead
10-21-2008, 05:02 PM
I have had intermittent stutter tone even though there are no voicemail. However, just going into the VM system to be told there are none, seems to clear the stutter.
Fortunately, the 286 is in the basement so I never see the flashing LED !!!!

Edit after reading Ray's reply above.....that seems to have fixed it for me.

scott2020
10-21-2008, 05:18 PM
I hooked up my new Grandstream today and called to leave myself a voicemail from my cell phone. The MWI blinked the light on my panasonic, which is great. I checked the voicemail and used 7 to delete it, but as of about 15 minutes now the MWI is still stuck on. I just listened to the message, pressed 7 to delete, and hung up. I would think this would clear the MWI but it has not.

Scott

usa2k
10-21-2008, 05:30 PM
My messages are cleared and the 286 is still delivering stutter tome and MWI is on. Re-powering the TA has again cleared the message indicators. The second visit to VM and hitting # to exit did not help.

My main line of the two is right beside this computer. None are behind NAT.

GTOJim
10-21-2008, 05:40 PM
My voice mail indicator is still flashing from yesterday. I just power cycled the adapter 4:40pm Pacific time, hopefully it start working as intended.

usa2k
10-21-2008, 06:29 PM
My blinking light and stutter tone and MWI are back, and I have zero messages.

VOIPoTim
10-21-2008, 07:37 PM
My blinking light and stutter tone and MWI are back, and I have zero messages.

We're going to get this resolved tomorrow. I'm not sure exactly why this keeps coming back, but we'll get to the bottom of it.

christcorp
10-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Today, my beta line voicemail worked opposite of the others. As I mentioned earlier, yesterday the stutter dial tone and message light on my phone were back to normal. Today, I called the line and left a voicemail. I waited a couple of minutes. I didn't have the flashing on my phone and i DIDN'T have a stutter dialtone. Yet, I logged into the vpanel and saw the voice mail there. I called it on the phone and it said I had a voice mail. i listened to it; erased it; saw it erase on the vpanel. All is good except there was NO STUTTER dial tone. Hee Hee Hee. Things that make you go hmmmmm? Mike....

GTOJim
10-21-2008, 11:12 PM
My voice mail indicator is still flashing from yesterday. I just power cycled the adapter 4:40pm Pacific time, hopefully it start working as intended.

Update: Took less than one hour for the voice mail indicator to start flashing, no voice mail messages. I did receive a couple of incoming calls during this time period.

VOIPoTim
10-23-2008, 05:11 PM
There still seems to be some kind of incompatibility/bug with the new voicemail system and our scripts that manager MWI/stutter notifications.

We moved back to the old scripts and thought it was resolved, but still seeing reports of issues.

We're working through them and I'm told it should be resolved hopefully tomorrow for the last time.

VOIPoTim
10-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Let's try this again. Anyone still having MWI issues?

usa2k
10-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Maybe -- I'll do more tests on the weekend.
Had to cold boot the TA to clear. (Getting too late now.)

zevin
10-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Let's try this again. Anyone still having MWI issues?

I just got home.

The 286 was flashing and I checked VM with zero messages. I hung up and MWI was still flashing with stutter tone. I then power cycled the ATA and MWI is off.

I called number recorded message and hung up - no MWI.

I called number recorded message marked it urgent, saved - no MWI.

I called VM 2 new messages hung up and MWI now flashes with stutter tone.

Recalled VM cleared both messages and hung up - MWI flashes with stutter.

Called VM 0 new messages, hung up - MWI still flashing.

scott2020
10-24-2008, 10:17 PM
I had 5 messages, listened to them, deleted most and saved a couple. I have zero in my inbox now, but still have the MWI and stutter. I have not rebooted my ATA today. I am using the 502.

Scott

GTOJim
10-24-2008, 11:16 PM
My MWI indicator has been indicating new messages all day. This afternoon I received two new voice mails, I saved one and deleted the other. The WMI sill indicating new messages.

I will power cycle the adapter and see how things go.

GTOJim
10-24-2008, 11:30 PM
My MWI indicator has been indicating new messages all day. This afternoon I received two new voice mails, I saved one and deleted the other. The WMI sill indicating new messages.

I will power cycle the adapter and see how things go.

Update: I just noticed the WMI is indicating a new message. Checked and have zero new messages.

I did power cycle the adaptor

usa2k
10-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Maybe -- I'll do more tests on the weekend.
Had to cold boot the TA to clear. (Getting too late now.)This morning the 286 had flashing green light and stutter tone - no MWI.
After checking - zero messages - now MWI light came on too.

BTW, this UNIDEN worked flawless when I had Packet8 for MWI. I find the difficulty of this feature odd. My wife seems to not care in the least about the feature. I have all the confidence that you guys will get it working sooner or later.

zevin
10-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Well when I woke up this AM the light was flashing again with no messages.

Appears that power cycling the 286 ATA will fix it for a while but it will revert back to a MWI and stutter tone.

Hope all this helps.

usa2k
10-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Just a wild crazy thought would be if the MWI commands are getting misrouted to a different device. I don't suspect that, but just brainstorming a reason ...

I see my ATA flashing green, no MWI, but stutter tone present, no messages.
After checking VM the MWI is back on.

VOIPoTim
10-25-2008, 10:54 AM
I have my own theory about why this is still not working. We'll find out if it's correct Monday.

My theory is that two of our systems are triggering the notification canceling the first (correct) one out. I believe it's a single single to toggle on/off and a backup system could be overriding.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but am going to check with Ray Monday to see if this could be the case.

Regardless, we'll get it working like it was before.

zevin
10-25-2008, 10:54 AM
I see my ATA flashing green, no MWI, but stutter tone present, no messages.

I could be confused but isn't the MWI the flashing green light. So if it is flashing then the MWI is on.

MWI= Message Waiting Indicator - flashing green light on 286 ATA

VOIPoTim
10-25-2008, 11:02 AM
I could be confused but isn't the MWI the flashing green light. So if it is flashing then the MWI is on.

MWI= Message Waiting Indicator - flashing green light on 286 ATA

It is, but some phones also have a MWI light built into the actual phone.

chpalmer
10-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Of my two numbers Ive not seen these issues. Im using a 286 on one line and a zoom on the other. Both their message indicators lights seem to be working correctly.

Id too like to see the red light on my desk phone come on eventually but not a big issue for now. Although I am going to ask around about the zoom just to see if its possibly a setting. :D

But just to let you know that in some cases VMWI is working right. :)

scott2020
10-25-2008, 12:08 PM
My MWI disappeared a couple of hours ago. It had been on for days with zero messages, and all of a sudden it is gone. I didn't reboot my ATA or anything special. It just turned off!

scott

NY Tel Guy
10-25-2008, 03:15 PM
I have my own theory about why this is still not working. We'll find out if it's correct Monday.

My theory is that two of our systems are triggering the notification canceling the first (correct) one out. I believe it's a single single to toggle on/off and a backup system could be overriding.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but am going to check with Ray Monday to see if this could be the case.

Regardless, we'll get it working like it was before.

Well mine works fine. I have the 502. I got a message and the light on the 502 was on as well as the MWI light on my Nortel Meridian phone from 1994.
I retrieved the message from the road and when I got home, the light was out.

Here is my config:
Device MAC) WAN IP Address: 192.168.1.3 Product Model: HT-502 V1.1B Software Version: Program-- 1.0.1.8 Bootloader-- 1.0.0.9 Core-- 1.0.0.23 Base-- 1.0.0.66

NY Tel Guy
10-25-2008, 05:13 PM
It is the oddest thing but since I got Voipo, I have begun to stutter when I place calls.....

Ok a cheap shot especially coming from a guy (me) with a degree in Speech Pathology & Audiology but I couldn't resist.:eek:

scott2020
10-25-2008, 07:35 PM
I just got a voicemail, MWI came on, I listened to it and deleted it, and MWI went off. It started today but it seems to be working like it is supposed to!

scott

VOIPoTim
10-25-2008, 07:42 PM
I just got a voicemail, MWI came on, I listened to it and deleted it, and MWI went off. It started today but it seems to be working like it is supposed to!

scott

It should be, but I'm afraid to post that until there's a little more data to back it up given all the trouble we've had with this feature lately.

Montano
10-26-2008, 10:32 AM
VMWI is on, but I have no new messages. Been like that for a while now. Rebooted TA, unplugged phone, light still on.

burris
10-26-2008, 11:09 AM
To All....

I wonder if we have yet determined that this problem is unique to only the 2 Grandstream models or whether it affects any other ATAs?

Have we also determined that a user must have VM enabled for this to occur?

Montano
10-26-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm BYOD. PAP2T is what I use.

burris
10-26-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm BYOD. PAP2T is what I use.

I use SPA2102 and except for an occasional refusal to hook-flash from a call waiting call back to the original, it hasn't missed yet. I asked support if they were familiar with some settings I might try to cure this. I have tried a few, but no success.

I had only one MWI instance and that was when I had my second line installed and wasn't able to get into the VPanel yet to see if the VM was enabled by default.

On my main line, I don't use the system VM..just my answer machine. A ticket got it corrected right away.

On my 2nd line, used very little, I turned the VM on for testing, and so far haven't seen the light. I haven't tried leaving messages yet, but will do so maybe later..

The 286 didn't do so well. I have the 502, but something is quirky as I got into the admin one time, but now can only get into the status and basic. I have tried every combination of IPs and connections..no luck.

NY Tel Guy
10-27-2008, 09:57 AM
VMWI is on, but I have no new messages. Been like that for a while now. Rebooted TA, unplugged phone, light still on.
For the first time this morning, my message waiting light came on yet I have received no incoming calls since yesterday. Had to re-boot the 502 to get rid of the light.

FYI

VOIPoRay
10-27-2008, 11:59 AM
ok, let's try this again.... "Somebody" made a little mistake in a query so that MWI (to turn off) would only be sent if you had an empty inbox and a message in at least one other folder. Weird symtoms to be sure, but it should be working for everyone now.

Montano
10-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Mine appears to be working again :)

VOIPoTim
10-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Mine appears to be working again :)

Glad to hear.

I think the big issue is that we were focusing on fixing the issue with the notification method while that was never the issue at all. So we kept redoing it and fixing it and it wasn't the issue.

The issue with it just pulling the wrong data was even more confusing to the whole thing because it made our tests with the actual notifications produce invalid results.

Hopefully it's all set now. Anyone who has seen this issue, please confirm.

Timezones are on the list next in terms of residential bugs.

GTOJim
10-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I haven't been on-line lately wife had a very serious accident and is in the hospital.

Not having time to go back and read this thread, my phone seems to still indicate new messages when there are zero.

NY Tel Guy
10-27-2008, 05:03 PM
I haven't been on-line lately wife had a very serious accident and is in the hospital.

Not having time to go back and read this thread, my phone seems to still indicate new messages when there are zero.Oh wow Jim, sorry to hear that.
Is she OK?
Please keep us in the loop to the degree you need to or want to.
Bob

GTOJim
10-27-2008, 11:12 PM
Oh wow Jim, sorry to hear that.
Is she OK?
Bob

Things are really crazy right now, when I get some time I will post some of the details. The good news she is going to make it.

I'm really beat and off to bed for some rest.

Jim

dswartz
10-28-2008, 06:23 AM
You and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers...

usa2k
10-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I had a message, blinking green light, stutter tone, but no MWI anymore.

I left a test message just now, and everything but my UNIDEN MWI.
CORRECTION: MWI is on :)

Clearing the message cleared the MWI :)

GTOJim
10-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Oh wow Jim, sorry to hear that.
Is she OK?
Bob

Details about my wifes accident

Hi everyone.

An update on Cheryl's condition and a few details about the accident.

Saturday morning as Cheryl was backing out of our driveway she spilled some coffee on her lap. She put her SUV in park, got out and was pulling the wet cloths away from her skin when the SUV suddenly jumped into reverse. It was stopped on an incline. The open drivers door struck Cheryl, she grabbed the steering wheel attempting to pull herself back into the SUV. She was dragged then fell, one wheel of the 4,100lb SUV rolled over her. I'm amazed at the amount of damage to the drives door.

She has multi fractures/breaks of her chest and ribs, punctured lung, a couple of minor fractures in her back which seem to be a non issue. Lots of cuts and bruises. lots of stitches. Plastic surgeon spent over an hour stitching the left side of her face. She's had/has lots of pain in both shoulders and right hip.

As for the good news she is doing great, still has her sense of humor and is working very hard at doing everything she can to get well. Unless she is really hurting or very tired she is smiling. Her smile was also damaged due to a cut nerve. It will take two months before we know if she will get her smile back on the left side of her face.

Today she was out of bed and sat in a chair for one hour. She isn't walking yet but I'm sure she soon will be. She has a chest tube for her damaged lung. She is on oxygen, but they are cutting the amount down as her lung function improves.

Today they started cutting down on the morphine, getting her onto oral pain medication. More than once I've heard them tell her not to be a hero and be in pain, to request pain medication. Her doctor said her injuries are very painful. She has surprised everyone with how hard, how willing she is to work, doing what ever is asked of her and more.

Our daughters decided they do not want me to be alone this week so they are taking alternating days off work so one of them will be with me. It also gives them more time to spend with mom as I'm spending a lot of time at the hospital. I'm guessing that her hospital stay with be about two weeks.

Jim

VOIPoTim
10-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Sorry to hear about that. We'll definitely keep your family in our prayers here as well.

usa2k
10-29-2008, 03:51 AM
Prayers going out here too!

fisamo
10-29-2008, 05:09 AM
All I can say is, "wow..." Prayers going up from NC, too.

burris
10-29-2008, 05:52 AM
A real tragedy..

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

gbh2o
10-29-2008, 07:58 AM
It sounds like she's a real fighter. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

chpalmer
10-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Real fighter indeed! You need to tell her to pick a smaller opponent next time...

All our prayers for you guys also!

GTOJim
10-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind wishes and prayers.

Jim

GTOJim
11-01-2008, 12:40 AM
I power cycled my adapter late Wednesday night, short time later the voice mail indicator light started flashing again and it still flashing. Keeps flashing after deleting new messages.

I saved a couple of voice mail messages, I wonder if saved messages have something to do with it? I will try another power cycle.

FYI Looks like my wife is getting out of the hospital tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your prayers.

Jim

NY Tel Guy
11-01-2008, 11:27 AM
FYI Looks like my wife is getting out of the hospital tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your prayers.

JimYou are welcome - best wishes now for her speedier recovery.

GTOJim
11-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Update to my last post. A few minutes after power cycling the adapter, the new voice mail message light started flashing. It's still an issue for me.
Any suggestions?

Update on my wife, it will be a couple days before she can some home. Seems they are in such a rush to get people out of the hospital her doc didn't realize or lknow she was still on morphine for pain A new doc is now working on her pain management. Good news is she will be home soon, her doc is working through a couple of issues before she gets to come home.
Again a big thank you for everyone for all of your prayers.

NY Tel Guy
11-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Update to my last post. A few minutes after power cycling the adapter, the new voice mail message light started flashing. It's still an issue for me.
Any suggestions?

Update on my wife, it will be a couple days before she can some home. Seems they are in such a rush to get people out of the hospital her doc didn't realize or lknow she was still on morphine for pain A new doc is now working on her pain management. Good news is she will be home soon, her doc is working through a couple of issues before she gets to come home.
Again a big thank you for everyone for all of your prayers.Yeah those PCA pumps can work wonders for pain management.

GTOJim
11-03-2008, 02:23 AM
Yeah those PCA pumps can work wonders for pain management.

Her pain management plan is to control the pain using oral medications until she heals. The pain management doc put her on a stronger oral medication. So far it seems to be working out ok. Broken ribs are her biggest problem, very painful injury. The doc said the first two weeks are the most painful. Takes two weeks for the bones to start sticking together, eight weeks for them to heal. He added that sometimes the pain can continue. She has surprised everyone with how well she is doing. Every day I see an improvement. I don't think her pain will continue after her bones heal.
She has had a couple of melt downs from the mental trauma of her accident. I'm afraid this will take the greatest amount of time to heal.

I'm sorry if I hijacked the topic of Voice Mail Indicator light. Maybe some of this should be done by IM.

Jim

burris
11-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Her pain management plan is to control the pain using oral medications until she heals. The pain management doc put her on a stronger oral medication. So far it seems to be working out ok. Broken ribs are her biggest problem, very painful injury. The doc said the first two weeks are the most painful. Takes two weeks for the bones to start sticking together, eight weeks for them to heal. He added that sometimes the pain can continue. She has surprised everyone with how well she is doing. Every day I see an improvement. I don't think her pain will continue after her bones heal.
She has had a couple of melt downs from the mental trauma of her accident. I'm afraid this will take the greatest amount of time to heal.

I'm sorry if I hijacked the topic of Voice Mail Indicator light. Maybe some of this should be done by IM.

Jim

Hi, Jim....

No apologies necessary. You happen to be affiliated with an awfully nice group of caring people who wish you and your wife the very best for a quick recovery.

I'm sure I speak for everyone, so don't hesitate to keep us informed.

burris

NY Tel Guy
11-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Hi, Jim....

No apologies necessary. You happen to be affiliated with an awfully nice group of caring people who wish you and your wife the very best for a quick recovery.

I'm sure I speak for everyone, so don't hesitate to keep us informed.

burrisYup, I second what Burris said.
And the next time any of us are in the Bay area, we are going to drop by for drinks.......;)

zevin
11-03-2008, 11:20 AM
I am not the most vocal of the group, but please keep us informed as we keep your wife and your family in our thoughts.

quattrohead
11-03-2008, 03:34 PM
I cannot get rid of the stutter tones, no new voicemail and I keep checking.
Plus I cannot find where to put a ticket in, for gods sake please get a working website up.

burris
11-03-2008, 04:06 PM
I cannot get rid of the stutter tones, no new voicemail and I keep checking.
Plus I cannot find where to put a ticket in, for gods sake please get a working website up.

Hmmm!

I just went to the panel and all my info, including the ticket tabs were working.

This is where I went..

https://billing.voipo.com/clientarea.php

quattrohead
11-03-2008, 05:13 PM
You are right, that is there and working fine. I just need to bookmark it.\
But the bottom line remains, its about time the website was sorted.

GTOJim
11-07-2008, 05:57 PM
An update on my wife:

She came home late Monday afternoon, very happy to be home. We have been busy taking her to doctors appointments etc. She has other areas that are getting painful, that were not previously painful Trama doctor said her brain can only process a certain amount of pain, warned her this could possibly happen as painful areas heal, other areas may start hurting.

She's getting a little frustrated because she is limited in what she is able to do. I told her this is a good sign, means she is feeling better but it's going to take time for her to heal. Most of the day she out of bed, moving around or in a recliner reading or watching TV. She still needs a nap or two during the day.

Yesterday a doctor told her the Trama doctor is optimistic in saying it takes two weeks for her broken bones (ribs) to start sticking together. This doc said it usually takes 3 to 4 weeks.

She still has a shoulder that really bothers her, something that may need some follow up a bit later.

Her left eye has not been opening all the way since the accident. Today she visited with an eye doctor, he is confident that it will be ok, a nerve just needs time to heal, might take 3 months to completely heal.

The good news, she is doing really great, considering she has been through.

Again a big thank you to everyone for your prayers, the prayers have really helped.

Back on topic, my VMI keeps flashing even though there are no new messages.

Jim

quattrohead
11-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Glad to hear the wife is on the mend Jim, takes a while.

Meanwhile, I was sent a 502 to fix the stutter tone and it worked.....for a while !!!
Now its back, so I call and left a message with the intention of deleting it and hoping that would fix it.
Wellll, I did not get an email with the VM and the system thinks there is no message left, including the online system. I know I left a message, the phone was ringing right next to me and I heard my own greeting !!!!!!
Oh well, putting a ticket in again, better to solve these strange issues now.

Edit to add, tried again and did get a VM this time, email, online and phone all had it.
Deleted it from the phone, gone from online but phone still stuttering :confused:

usa2k
11-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Been working like a charm om my 286 :D

GTOJim
11-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Been working like a charm om my 286 :D

I guess I could say it's been working overtime for me, VMI doesn't stop..

I had the problem with the 286 and it continues with the 502. The 502 did fix a couple of other problems.