PDA

View Full Version : My VOIPo Review

voxabox
10-22-2008, 09:35 AM
I've been beta-ingVOIPo since it was offered (1yr+)
despite the fact that it's still in beta, I've rarely experience unannounced outages
voice quality has been excellent

08/04/2008 update
VOIPo is not publicly launched yet; however, I've been very happy during the (generously long) beta that I've ordered (1yr) service for my parents (nontechies, who live out of state)

10/09/2008 update
Still impressed with the VOIPo stable service; decided to port my own home number to VOIPo as well

10/22/08 update
Outstanding Customer Support! Here are some examples:

I submitted a ticket regarding audio quality issue with the 1st ATA sent via VOIPo (to my out of state parents). Despite the hardship caused by the hurricane, VOIPo quickly replaced the defective equipment
I expressed issue with audio delay of 2-3 ms in answering incoming calls with the HT-286 (http://forums.voipo.com/showpost.php?p=5937&postcount=1), VOIPo promptly resolved it by upgrading my ATA to a HT-502. Thanks for saving my ears (from the wife's complaints)
I submitted a ticket regarding answering machine recorded busy/reorder tone after callers hung up. The support team thanked me ,"VOIPo appreciates your dedication and involvement in advancing our service and features.", and informed me that they've forward the issue to their developers - read more about it (http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=730)

03/13/09 update
Since I've learned VOIPo 'fixed' the 30 min. session timer problem with ATAs which do not support RFC4028, I've started using my own SPA-1001 (instead of the VOIPo provided/provisioned HT-502)
AFAIK, we did not experience the infamous "lost registration" that many have experienced; Our audio quality has been excellent; my parents ,OTOH, experienced occasion audio and registration issues; BTW, they're still using the VOIPo provided/provisioned HT-502. I've asked them (my parents) to keep me informed so that I can submit problem ticket to VOIPo support team

05/16/09 update
I'm happy to report that VOIPo has added CallerId+Location to "Call History"

For those that want to obtain reliable, plug and play VOIP service, I highly recommend VOIPo

10/13/09 update

10/15/09 marks our 1st year anniversary with VOIPo - yes, time flies while we're ...
I've paid for another year of service (for our residence and our parents)
Needless to say, I'm still happy with the service provided via VOIPo

I'll try to update the review as time permits