PDA

View Full Version : Review - Digger

digger16309
10-22-2008, 05:57 PM
10/20/08: I got an equipment upgrade to the Grandstream 502 ATA which does pass through the MWI indicator to my Panasonic phones. That was my only issue thus far and it was solved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/4/08: I was not part of the Beta, but I became a subscriber/user post-Beta, pre-launch. Because of this, the fees (e911, USF, and whatever else) were waived for the first 6 months.

My number ported flawlessly. I forwarded calls to a temporary virtual number until the porting, which worked OK, then I deleted the virtual number.

Communication is exceptional. Upon signing up, I think I received 3 or 4 different e-mails from them with various information.

The ATA is a Grandstream and it is basically plug n play. I have not accessed any of the settings, nor have I needed VOIPo to make any changes.

The MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) on this specific Grandstream ATA does not pass through to Panasonic Dect 6.0 phones. This is a minor issue, one that I hope is fixed in the next firmware update.

I gave the web site a 4 only because at present, pre-launch, there is little to no documentation so some things you have to figure out on your own, though the majority of it is intuitive if you have had Voip with another carrier.

Call quality has been excellent.

When I make calls, the line actually rings

There is never any dead air when I make a call.

No outages thus far.

Tech support is very fast. Of course, they don't have many subscribers at present, so I'm interested to see what happens at launch.

After 6 weeks, so far so good. I recommend VOIPo to anyone looking for Voip that works out of the box and does not require constant server shuffling, outages, constant problems with upstream providers, router issues, or "the customer is always wrong customer service".