PDA

View Full Version : Whats needed for VMWI on some phones.

chpalmer
10-25-2008, 12:33 PM
So.... what does an ATA need to do to turn the red VMWI light on lets say a Nortel 452 phone or some of the Panasonic products Ive seen mentioned?

Is this an older technology? Im playing with one of the Zooms to see if it has the capability but so far Ive been unsuccessful.

VOIPoTim
10-25-2008, 12:52 PM
So.... what does an ATA need to do to turn the red VMWI light on lets say a Nortel 452 phone or some of the Panasonic products Ive seen mentioned?

Is this an older technology? Im playing with one of the Zooms to see if it has the capability but so far Ive been unsuccessful.

Should be fine with the HT502.

chpalmer
10-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Sure it just more educational at this point. ADHD works both ways you know... :p

Thanks Tim!

usa2k
10-25-2008, 04:35 PM
I infer you are trying to use asterisk to do this?

Tim, are the 502s so much better? Is there a deal to trade out two 286s?
I know you are not looking at mass swaps, and I don't have need of router functionality. In my opinion, Grandstream seems to be the weak link in using the 286 reliably. Maybe some kind of deal can happen?

That is one thing ... every software release needs testing before pushing to all the TAs when they have grown in leaps and bounds. Even getting TAs with a newer version from the vendor than you have in the field. I imagine that is an area VOIPo will have to keep an eye on.

I like the new voice mail system navigation better, and email subject lines better, but the indicator was working well for me on the old system.

chpalmer
10-25-2008, 05:35 PM
No Asterisk system here. (Yet... :D )

Just attempting to understand how things work. Continued education.

I may consider a freeswitch system at my office later but still have a lot to learn. I play the part of a technical engineer at work so Im always attempting to expand my horizons... ;)