PDA

View Full Version : Small business features

stenger
07-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Instead of sending in a ticket I thought I would address this question to the forums.

Near the beginning of this year I recall a discussion about rolling out a bunch of new features for the small business user. I am now at the point where I really need to start taking advantage of items like individual extensions. Are these features nearing completion or are they still more of a wish list? Love the service but I may need to move one of my accounts away shortly if they aren't really imminent.

Thanks.

JacobsLive
07-10-2013, 12:19 AM
I too wish if VOIPO had business featured plans. I recently signed up with phone [dot] com for my business line. Bit expensive but competitive and they have pretty much everything you need as a virtual PBX system.

VOIPoTim
07-10-2013, 09:45 AM
We actually have a PBX product that we've finished development on and we're putting finishing touches on. Still polishing things up, but it's virtually ready to go.

Just snapped a shot for you guys:

http://i.imgur.com/SCsrKge.png

We're very excited about it. It's been designed to be very very flexible and our pricing model for it is very different form what most of our competitors are offering.

Here is a basic overview of the functionality we have in it. Don't quote me on this in case we end up making any last minute changes though...

Unlimited extensions

Custom domain

IVRs/menus

Static and dynamic hung groups/calls (to extensions or external numbers like cell phones)

External/forward only extensions

Announce only extensions

Voicemail boxes (individual or share group boxes)

Time/Schedule based routing (such as during biz hours and outside of biz hours)

Every feature is an extension

Every extension has a SIP address

Each user extension has their own portal login to manage their ext

Everything listed is done and in place. We're just doing more testing and we'll be starting up public BETA soon. :)

stenger
07-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks Tim,

I will hold tight for the moment. Looking forward to trying these features all out.

chpalmer
07-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Looks great!

If you want a test dummy I may just be the ticket...

:)

VOIPoTim
07-25-2013, 01:23 PM
We have a few BETA slots open if anyone wants to try out the PBX system. Keep in mind that it should NOT be used for production use and is for testing only at this time.

If you're interested in helping test it, please e-mail beta@voipo.com and tell us who you are and a little about your experience.

We'll be sending out invitations to a handful of people that will let you setup a PBX "server" to test on. For external calling on it, you can use any BYOD credentials (VOIPo or non-VOIPo).

Think of this service as a "PBX Server in the Cloud". We'll be adding basic documentation at http://www.voipo.com/help/article/pbx-beta-info-106.html as we move forward in the BETA roll-out.

Again, if interested in testing, e-mail beta@voipo.com.

chpalmer
07-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Started playing with this today. Very nice... I need to get a couple of IP phones ordered up now. :)

VOIPoTim
07-26-2013, 01:37 PM
What do you think of what you've seen so far and the functionality in it?

JacobsLive
07-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Oh Nice! Will try to get into your beta testing. Sending the request now :)

JacobsLive
07-28-2013, 02:30 PM
So far I found the system is simple and very straight forward.

Some additional information would be grateful. I am posting this here because the answers would be helpful for another beta testers as well.

1. What are the uploaded .mp3 file requirement? I have tested some clips with 128kbps and they are not playing back when tried to certain extensions (IVR, VoiceMail etc)
2. Currently there is no option to set a call transfer to a sip address using a voipo main number? Will that be considered so that we can test the PBX/IVR from an external network?

Suggestions:
Adding music or recording playback while the call is being transferred to an extension would be nice in addition to hold on music as others already requested.

VOIPoTim
07-30-2013, 08:47 AM
So far I found the system is simple and very straight forward.

Some additional information would be grateful. I am posting this here because the answers would be helpful for another beta testers as well.

1. What are the uploaded .mp3 file requirement? I have tested some clips with 128kbps and they are not playing back when tried to certain extensions (IVR, VoiceMail etc)
2. Currently there is no option to set a call transfer to a sip address using a voipo main number? Will that be considered so that we can test the PBX/IVR from an external network?

Suggestions:
Adding music or recording playback while the call is being transferred to an extension would be nice in addition to hold on music as others already requested.

Thanks for the feedback. How does the functionality compare to what you're currently using?

1) This will need to be answered by a developer. We'll get back to you.

2) Yes, you can use SIP addresses throughout VOIPo. In your vPanel, just put a SIP address (format sip:123@domain.com) instead of a phone number as the forwarding destination and it should route to the SIP address.

3) Music on hold should already be there if the SIP client sends the hold signaling. Did you test it and get silence or just suggesting?

4) We'll add music during transfer to suggestion list.

wingsohot
07-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Does the sip address forwarding work in resellers accounts also? I've tried that method and the sip address does not save.

VOIPoTim
07-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Does the sip address forwarding work in resellers accounts also? I've tried that method and the sip address does not save.

It should but a developer would need to confirm. They may have not accounted for that in the error checking. What page are you trying it on that's not taking it?

wingsohot
07-30-2013, 12:15 PM
On the features first page under forwarding on any reseller control panel account, there is only the option to forward a phone number.

JacobsLive
07-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback. How does the functionality compare to what you're currently using?

1) This will need to be answered by a developer. We'll get back to you.

2) Yes, you can use SIP addresses throughout VOIPo. In your vPanel, just put a SIP address (format sip:123@domain.com) instead of a phone number as the forwarding destination and it should route to the SIP address.

3) Music on hold should already be there if the SIP client sends the hold signaling. Did you test it and get silence or just suggesting?

4) We'll add music during transfer to suggestion list.

Hi Tim, thanks for getting back to me.

I guess it would be too early to compare the functionality features VOIPO PBX Vs the one I am using now though there are many identical features, but UI is way different. But I will be able to compare them eventually.

1. Yes I have opened a ticket and Brandon is following up on it.
2. I know SIP URL call forwarding is possible with Local Express account, but on the residential account it doesn't work. - CORRECTION: It is working, not sure what happened earlier, on a third attempt it worked :)
3. I could not test them as currently I cannot find a way where I can assign an extension to any SIP client or ATA.
It would be great to add them to the knowledge base - currently there is no way I can set up a password for extension. Without password cannot configure ATA/SIP Client. - Never mind, figured that out too, any extension can't be SIP user. When creating extension, SIP profile should be selected!
4. Thanks for considering that feature.

Oh btw, is it possible to move that captcha field to the bottom? May be just above "Post Icons" :)

JacobsLive
07-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Great! I have completed my initial test calls and found it is great and vast possibilities are there.

Btw, that hold on music is so boring :) It would be great if users can upload announcements/custom music to use as hold on music.

May be your developer can share the file format of that hold on music so that we can create custom messages using the same parameters.

Tim, regarding your question about comparison: After my initial tests, there is no comparison :) With your cloud PBX I can see outstanding possibilities than my current provider. Adding a little more spices, I guess you are ready to roll :D

VOIPoTim
07-30-2013, 05:02 PM
Hi Tim, thanks for getting back to me.

I guess it would be too early to compare the functionality features VOIPO PBX Vs the one I am using now though there are many identical features, but UI is way different. But I will be able to compare them eventually.

1. Yes I have opened a ticket and Brandon is following up on it.
2. I know SIP URL call forwarding is possible with Local Express account, but on the residential account it doesn't work. - CORRECTION: It is working, not sure what happened earlier, on a third attempt it worked :)
3. I could not test them as currently I cannot find a way where I can assign an extension to any SIP client or ATA.
It would be great to add them to the knowledge base - currently there is no way I can set up a password for extension. Without password cannot configure ATA/SIP Client. - Never mind, figured that out too, any extension can't be SIP user. When creating extension, SIP profile should be selected!
4. Thanks for considering that feature.

Oh btw, is it possible to move that captcha field to the bottom? May be just above "Post Icons" :)

Glad to hear. Flexibility was a big factor in how we set things up. More or less with everything being an extension and every extension being a usable SIP address, there's virtually unlimited routing possibilities and it covers a ton of scenarios.

I'm sure the hold music can be adjusted.

redoneusa
07-30-2013, 07:51 PM
The ability to add your own music on hold is important, afterall many companies have a custom message and not standard music. The reseller or customer should have the ability to upload mp3 or wave for the chosen account.

VOIPoTim
07-31-2013, 10:26 AM
The ability to add your own music on hold is important, afterall many companies have a custom message and not standard music. The reseller or customer should have the ability to upload mp3 or wave for the chosen account.

This is on our feedback list.

chevyman
08-01-2013, 12:26 AM
so where is the best place to report bugs for PBX beta testers?

VOIPoTim
08-01-2013, 09:41 AM
so where is the best place to report bugs for PBX beta testers?

Everything should go to beta@voipo.com.

VOIPoTim
08-01-2013, 11:05 AM
To help you guys BETA test without having to use your existing/live phone numbers, we added a page within the PBXes to order free temporary phone numbers to use for testing during the BETA. You can route these numbers to any extension within your PBX.

This should allow you to better test without having to use your live numbers.

jsiepka
08-01-2013, 12:47 PM
So far I setup the beta account and I like features and all the previous suggestions especially the MOH.

Thanks for the temporary numbers! I just ordered up some new phones to test with can’t wait.

One other question, not sure if it’s been asked or addressed but what about costs. Any insight on what pricing may be?

VOIPoTim
08-01-2013, 02:38 PM
So far I setup the beta account and I like features and all the previous suggestions especially the MOH.

Thanks for the temporary numbers! I just ordered up some new phones to test with can’t wait.

One other question, not sure if it’s been asked or addressed but what about costs. Any insight on what pricing may be?

Pricing isn't finalized yet, but what I can say is that this will be sold as a standalone item to be used in conjunction with your existing VOIPo plan or a VOIPo cloud account or even a different VoIP provider (SIP) already if you want. Tentatively about $25/mo....but not finalized.