PDA

View Full Version : Phone Number Questions

Bigmac
07-21-2013, 06:55 AM
I'd like to try out Voipo for several months and if all goes well port my existing land line number to my Voipo account.

So, when I first start up my Voipo account will I get a phone number to use? And then several months later can I port my existing land line number to my Voipo account?

redrockuser
07-21-2013, 04:54 PM
That is exactly my question also: Can I try Voipo first with a new number to check the quality and only then - after four weeks, if I decide to keep it - cancel my existing land line and port the number to Voipo?

burris
07-21-2013, 05:23 PM
That's really the only way to do it..

First try the service before porting your number and then at any time, request the port and you will have your old number back online.

That way you can determine if you are satisfied with the service..in the interim you can forward your old number to the temp VOIPo number and that way you won't miss any calls from there.

I don't think you will do better than VOIPo for phone service.

redrockuser
07-22-2013, 10:53 AM
First try the service before porting your number and then at any time, request the port ...
Thanks. That is good to hear.

I don't think you will do better than VOIPo for phone service.
That might be true. A friend of mine uses Voipo and likes it.

What I don't like is that the normal fee of $149 per year is not openly displayed but only hidden in the TOS. And the taxes and fees of $36 (per $149 paid for service) are nowhere mentioned at all except here in the forum im some threads. That is not very "likeable" - and very different than i. e. Walmart's/Vonage's new Basictalk service for $10 per month where you find a link right on the homepage with a breakdown of taxes and fees ($1.87 per month = $22.44 per year for my zip code). If Walmart can do it, why can't Voipo?

And why charges Voipo 60% more for taxes and fees than Walmart? I would expect charging more for taxes and fees than actually are there maybe from Vonage but certainly not from Voipo.

redrockuser
07-22-2013, 12:42 PM
If you go to the order page, before you get to the submit button at the bottom of the page, the $36 fee is clearly displayed, and BTW, that is the fee for 2 years (=$18/year or $1.50/month). That's less than the Vonage fees. You don't even need to fill out any info to see the $36 fee if you scroll the order page a bit.
I stand corrected. You are right.

If you need a referral number, email me at bob31z50(at sign)hotmail.com

I will do that if I go with Voipo (which is likely).