PDA

View Full Version : PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

VOIPoTim
07-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Hey Guys,

We recently announced that we're now accepting BETA testers for our upcoming PBX in the cloud offering. This will also be available to resellers to offer unbranded so we'd like to invite all resellers to help BETA test it and test it out before launch.

Think of this service as a PBX that's in the VOIPo cloud. It'll be billed based on channels and work with any existing BYOD credentials like you have on your existing accounts.

So in theory, you'll be able to create a PBX server for a small business and offer them both the PBX service and the phone service without needing to setup PBX software, a server, etc.

Basically you'll be able to create a virtual PBX server with a few clicks for that customer.

This is in BETA now and should NOT be sold or used for production yet, but you're welcome to e-mail beta@voipo.com to get a BETA one to play with and test for yourself.

Basic feature overview:

---
Unlimited extensions

Custom domain

IVRs/menus

Static and dynamic hung groups/calls (to extensions or external numbers like cell phones)

External/forward only extensions

Announce only extensions

Voicemail boxes (individual or share group boxes)

Time/Schedule based routing (such as during biz hours and outside of biz hours)

Every feature is an extension

Every extension has a SIP address

Each user extension has their own portal login to manage their ext
---

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/SCsrKge.png

See http://www.voipo.com/forums/showthread.php/8014-Small-business-features for some discussion.

The reseller version will be the same.....just your name/logo in it like the vPanel is now.

GreenLantern
07-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Very excited about the potential of the pbx feature.

Question about the domains... IMO, resellers really need to be able to use their own subdomains for this. Will that be supported? (We still hope to see this supported for the proxy servers and control panel someday as well.)

Along the same lines, would we then be buying a separate cloud pbx, with a unique subdomain, for each of our customers? So then, we might have a subdomain like "customername.pbx.resellerdomain.com". Does that make sense, and would that be possible?

Thanks... and a tip of the hat to you guys for doing this.

VOIPoTim
07-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Basically every PBX has it's own subdomain. We added a few more generic ones to go along with voipwelcome.com so resellers have more variety.

We do also plan to eventually add custom domain support for this. It's a lot easier to do on this than with the core platform.

What do you guys think of the functionality in it so far?

GreenLantern
07-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Glad to hear about the domains.

So far, the features look great. You've covered the major necessities.

I'm sure you already have plans for more, but here are some features to consider.

music on hold, custom would be nice, but built-in should be fine initially
improved date selection tool in call history
more flexible date and repeating pattern options in the scheduler
star codes to access/change recordings from phone rather than control panel
other star codes... paging, intercom, transfer, park, echo test, clock, weather, etc.
virtual conference room extensions

maybe call queues, but I could live without that on this type of system

Others will likely want call recording, but this isn't high on my own priority list either.

White box customization (logos, colors, menu customization, etc) would obviously be nice.

Maybe combine the numbers and gateway functions to make it all more intuitive for novices.

That's all I got for now.

wingsohot
07-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Anyone that is beta testing the PBX server, are you having issues with the sip still being registered to an account even after you removed the account from the PBX gateway? I am having this very issue and have sent the bug to Voipo. Since the PBX is still registered to my voipo reseller account, when the account number is called, I get the message, " the number cannot be completed as dialed".

VOIPoBrandon
07-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Once you remove the gateway does this issue persist? If you only remove the phone number / routing this is purely routing specific. The registration to a specific account is likely the issue your experiencing. Look forward to hearing back from you.

GreenLantern
07-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Wingsohot, look at the registration time out. The registration should eventually expire at that time. The default appears to be a fairly lengthy time... like an hour. So it may take awhile to expire. Perhaps the admins can change the default to something like 3 to 5 minutes.

chpalmer
07-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Anyone that is beta testing the PBX server, are you having issues with the sip still being registered to an account even after you removed the account from the PBX gateway?

Yes- did it to me also. I waited all night and then had to turn off the BYOD feature in the vpanel for it to go away.

redoneusa
07-30-2013, 12:49 PM
I sent an email requesting access. I work with an organization currently actively selling a cloud based PBX under a white label agreement. Certainly I would be able to provide feedback on features and some basic testing functions also.

Looking forward to your response. Thanks!

VOIPoTim
07-30-2013, 06:24 PM
Yes- did it to me also. I waited all night and then had to turn off the BYOD feature in the vpanel for it to go away.

We made a few changes to the way gateways are handled.

First, when a gateway is added now, it does NOT register automatically. We added buttons to register and deregister.

Most providers all outgoing calling without registration (VOIPo does) so if you fill in the credentials and setup the gateway, you only need to register if the provider requires it or if you need to register to receive incoming.

This should resolve the lingering connection issue since you can de-register now.

VOIPoTim
07-30-2013, 06:24 PM
I sent an email requesting access. I work with an organization currently actively selling a cloud based PBX under a white label agreement. Certainly I would be able to provide feedback on features and some basic testing functions also.

Looking forward to your response. Thanks!

Great, we'd love to hear your feedback.

redoneusa
07-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Will there be a forum for questions and feedback just for the hosted PBX product? I had some starting questions and was wondering where is best to place them?

wingsohot
07-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know what format the IRV audio must be? I've tried uploading wav and mp3, but does not playback.

GreenLantern
07-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Wingsohot, try 16bit, 8kHz, mono, pcm .wav files. I haven't tried it yet, but that format is common for many other systems. Let us know.

VOIPoTim
07-31-2013, 10:21 AM
Will there be a forum for questions and feedback just for the hosted PBX product? I had some starting questions and was wondering where is best to place them?

beta@voipo.com

VOIPoTim
07-31-2013, 10:23 AM
Does anyone know what format the IRV audio must be? I've tried uploading wav and mp3, but does not playback.

I'll have to have a developer confirm the formats. The system is built on Freeswitch so it's the formats it supports if anyone is familiar. I'll get a developer to confirm though.

VOIPoTim
08-01-2013, 11:05 AM
To help you guys BETA test without having to use your existing/live phone numbers, we added a page within the PBXes to order free temporary phone numbers to use for testing during the BETA. You can route these numbers to any extension within your PBX.

This should allow you to better test without having to use your live numbers.

wingsohot
08-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Anyone have any idea, approximately how long it will be before the business pbx system will be made live for resellers under their brand, and the approximate cost?

redoneusa
08-04-2013, 07:23 PM
To help you guys BETA test without having to use your existing/live phone numbers, we added a page within the PBXes to order free temporary phone numbers to use for testing during the BETA. You can route these numbers to any extension within your PBX.

This should allow you to better test without having to use your live numbers.

No clear ETA has been mentioned though the feeling is that it will be available shortly. Price has been indicated in the arena of $25 per month resell format that currently exists.

But until its all formally released nobody can say I am sure. That's the early indications from Tim's posts.

chevyman
08-06-2013, 03:09 PM
No clear ETA has been mentioned though the feeling is that it will be available shortly. Price has been indicated in the arena of $25 per month resell format that currently exists.

But until its all formally released nobody can say I am sure. That's the early indications from Tim's posts.

I don't think that price was for resellers, only non reseller accounts.

wingsohot
08-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Hello,
I can't seem to get the audio to playback in the IVR menu. I've uploaded mp3 and wav files. Would it be possible to include a default menu recording for the IVR like there is for the voicemail greetings?

VOIPoBrandon
08-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Hello,

When you do a recording via the phone / SIP extension is playback OK? Also what are the specific format(s) you have tried? Look forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

jsiepka
08-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Has anyone tied in a PA System and Night bell to a virtual switch? Any recommendations?

GreenLantern
08-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Tim, Brandon,

Is there any kind of general road map for when this is planned for release?

Don't need a specific date, but are we talking about the next few months, six months to a year, or something longer?

Thanks in advance for making this available to resellers. Good times ahead. :cool:

uf_shane
08-26-2013, 08:44 AM
Man I have been behind, this is what I have been waiting for right here. Tim I sent a beta request

wingsohot
08-27-2013, 05:10 AM
Is there going to be a timeline soon for the release of the PBX cloud for resellers?

VOIPoTim
08-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Is there going to be a timeline soon for the release of the PBX cloud for resellers?

It'll be live for a public beta (at discounted prices) for both resellers and non-resellers in the next 2-3 weeks.

uf_shane
08-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Tim,

Do you have an idea of the pricing model... is it unlimited extensions for a flat rate, per ext, etc?

VOIPoTim
08-30-2013, 10:26 AM
Tim,

Do you have an idea of the pricing model... is it unlimited extensions for a flat rate, per ext, etc?

The PBX is being offered as a standalone item for a monthly fee per PBX system. Likely around the $20/mo range for most. No limitations on extensions, etc. The only limitation will be the total simultaneous active calls it handles and we'll have a few monthly options to choose from based on that (which can be easily upgraded).

You guys are free to bundle it with calling if you want or even sell it by extension. It's up to you.

uf_shane
08-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Thanks Tim :)

uf_shane
08-30-2013, 04:17 PM
The PBX is being offered as a standalone item for a monthly fee per PBX system. Likely around the $20/mo range for most. No limitations on extensions, etc. The only limitation will be the total simultaneous active calls it handles and we'll have a few monthly options to choose from based on that (which can be easily upgraded).

You guys are free to bundle it with calling if you want or even sell it by extension. It's up to you.

One quick question, is the active calls limited on in bound or outbound as well?

wingsohot
09-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Tim, Brandon, any word on the release of the business pbx for resellers?

VOIPoTim
09-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Tim, Brandon, any word on the release of the business pbx for resellers?

We're going to be releasing it in BETA for you guys soon. I hate to give ETAs but possibly this week...it's ready to go...just hidden and we're tweaking a few things. Again I can't stress enough that it'll be in BETA though and may have issues. We've been a little hesitant about including resellers in the first BETA round since we know that can be tough to be in the middle because there will be bugs no matter how much we test once more real life usage is in place and people are using it in different ways.

What we're doing for resellers is releasing it at a discounted price for now (to account for it being in BETA). The final pricing has not been set yet because we need to see more real-life load to finalize it but basically any PBXes that you setup now in BETA will maintain the BETA price as long as they are active. Once the final pricing is setup (after a few months of BETA/real load testing) then it would only apply to new PBXes setup after that.

So it's a somewhat tough situation since we can't give you guys the "final" pricing yet which makes planning for you hard, but we're going to let you guys go ahead and set them up during the BETA and the ones you setup during BETA won't have any pricing changes later.

When I said pricing depends on load, we basically have the final pricing set but we need to make sure all our "averages" work out the way we're projecting and are the same in real-life usage as they are in our simulations. We know what kind of server resources are needed to project costs and just need to make sure everything is correct since real-life usage is the same.

You guys should have access to a PBX tab to set up PBXes in less than a week....again in BETA though so there may be bugs. I'd recommend the same course of action with your clients...let them know it's a new offering and may have bugs just in case.

VOIPoTim
09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
One quick question, is the active calls limited on in bound or outbound as well?

It's total calls. It's essentially about server resources. The goal is a base package at a single low price with a threshold that is more than enough for 90% of businesses in terms of the session limit (calls above it would just go to busy and it could always be upgraded). Then beyond the base package, it can be increased.

The key here is that more extensions don't necessarily mean more cost (in terms of resources on our end) for us. They're just database entries. More ACTIVE use is where the resources come in and that's why we've decided to base the pricing on activity (concurrent calls).

Most of your users should be fine on the base package we set. If someone needs 100 employees making/receiving calls all day though or a call center, obviously that takes more resources/hardware than the average user. :)

wingsohot
09-25-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm not what you would call an impatient man, but, I'm itching to get started with reselling business VoIP pbx in the cloud.

GreenLantern
09-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Me too... I'm eager to light this candle! :)

VOIPoTim
09-26-2013, 01:08 AM
Me too... I'm eager to light this candle! :)

It's still in BETA so keep that in mind, but the PBX tab is now live in your reseller panels :)

wingsohot
09-26-2013, 04:48 AM
Thanks Tim

uf_shane
09-26-2013, 09:55 AM
WOW on the call volume, good stuff!!!

chevyman
09-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Tim are there going to be any FAQ's on the PBX. Like a PBX Server has 10 active calls and unlimited sip's. If so is ext to ext 0,1 or 2 active calls, or are active calls incoming and outgoing lines. Also if you have 2 or 3 small customer accounts that combined, would not go over the 10 active calls, could you put them under 1 PBX Server?

thanks

VOIPoTim
09-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Tim are there going to be any FAQ's on the PBX. Like a PBX Server has 10 active calls and unlimited sip's. If so is ext to ext 0,1 or 2 active calls, or are active calls incoming and outgoing lines. Also if you have 2 or 3 small customer accounts that combined, would not go over the 10 active calls, could you put them under 1 PBX Server?

thanks

We're developing docs and FAQs based on what you guys ask so keep questions coming :)

The 10 active limit is on each PBX. It's really designed for you to setup a different PBX for each one of your PBX clients. Each one would have its own 10 calls. All calls within the system counts. You can have unlimited extensions, unlimited users connected, unlimited features, etc... The limit only applies to simultaneous calls. So even if you had 200 extensions but only 3 calls are going at the same time, you'd be udner it.

Most companies bill by the extension though which is what you guys will likely want to do and that's how you'll make the most money. Nearly all charge $10-$20 per extension and include calling with it.

So the most important thing to remember with limit is that you are only capped on active calls...there are no other limits. I highly recommend resellers structure your pricing per extension or in some other way as that will let you maximize profit and it's what other companies already do so it's the norm.

chevyman
09-26-2013, 07:14 PM
We're developing docs and FAQs based on what you guys ask so keep questions coming :)

The 10 active limit is on each PBX. It's really designed for you to setup a different PBX for each one of your PBX clients. Each one would have its own 10 calls. All calls within the system counts. You can have unlimited extensions, unlimited users connected, unlimited features, etc... The limit only applies to simultaneous calls. So even if you had 200 extensions but only 3 calls are going at the same time, you'd be udner it.

Most companies bill by the extension though which is what you guys will likely want to do and that's how you'll make the most money. Nearly all charge $10-$20 per extension and include calling with it.

So the most important thing to remember with limit is that you are only capped on active calls...there are no other limits. I highly recommend resellers structure your pricing per extension or in some other way as that will let you maximize profit and it's what other companies already do so it's the norm.

So is calling from extension# 1 to extension# 2 count as 1 or 2 active calls?

Also all SIP calls would be no minute charges, only DID's , Right?

thanks

VOIPoTim
09-26-2013, 07:24 PM
So is calling from extension# 1 to extension# 2 count as 1 or 2 active calls?

No minute charges with PBX. If you call externally it'll use the SIP credentials you plug in so that depends on the plan you're using. Calling within the PBX (extension to extension) wouldn't even hit the SIP account plugged in...it's stay within your PBX.

chevyman
09-26-2013, 08:05 PM

No minute charges with PBX. If you call externally it'll use the SIP credentials you plug in so that depends on the plan you're using. Calling within the PBX (extension to extension) wouldn't even hit the SIP account plugged in...it's stay within your PBX.

Okay, so if thats the case ext to ext = 2, then a incoming call connecting to the auto attendant would count as 2, and incoming call connecting to an extension would be 2 too. this would eat up the 10 active calls real quick!

VOIPoTim
09-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Okay, so if thats the case ext to ext = 2, then a incoming call connecting to the auto attendant would count as 2, and incoming call connecting to an extension would be 2 too. this would eat up the 10 active calls real quick!

Sorry, I was confused. As long as it's a single call it's 1.

wingsohot
09-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Anyone else having difficulties with trying to get a schedule extension to work correctly with the time zone you set under profiles?

VOIPoTim
09-27-2013, 06:41 PM
What do you guys think so far based on what you've seen?

uf_shane
09-28-2013, 10:12 PM
I like the parameters, I know I have mentioned that the GUI needs a little work, honestly if we could take a few notes from ring central, the GUI can make selling the product all that more appealing.

I would also like to see an account creation API to automate the account creation. I would also like to see a trial period, be it 14 to 30 days, preferably 30 days. That will make selling even easier.

There is my 2 cents for now.

chevyman
09-29-2013, 03:09 PM
I have 2 things:

1) Groups - can't add or remove extensions, it just puts all extensions in the list, this is a major deal breaker not being able to have different call groups.

2) anything on custom music on hold???

wingsohot
09-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Has anyone else been having a problem with the timezone resetting itself to Alaska or another zone after about 24 hrs? I have set my timezone under the profiles tab to Eastern twice now (and yes, I did save it each time), and it resets to Alaska after about 24 hrs.

chevyman
09-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Has anyone else been having a problem with the timezone resetting itself to Alaska or another zone after about 24 hrs? I have set my timezone under the profiles tab to Eastern twice now (and yes, I did save it each time), and it resets to Alaska after about 24 hrs.

I just was in the beta account and saw it was set to Alaska i thought i might have set it to that by mistake, i'll have to keep an eye on my reseller one and see if it changes.

VOIPoBrandon
09-29-2013, 11:33 PM
I have 2 things:

1) Groups - can't add or remove extensions, it just puts all extensions in the list, this is a major deal breaker not being able to have different call groups.

2) anything on custom music on hold???

Hello,

How are you selecting the individual extensions ? Shift + Click or Ctrl + ? I am not able to reproduce any issues here with group extension selection. Please also provide your environment information, i.e. browser, os, etc. Thanks!

chevyman
09-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Hello,

How are you selecting the individual extensions ? Shift + Click or Ctrl + ? I am not able to reproduce any issues here with group extension selection. Please also provide your environment information, i.e. browser, os, etc. Thanks!

I use Firefox, i just tried IE8, same thing when i make a group it already has all the extentions in there and no way to remove any of them. All the other PBX's i have used you make a group then you add what extentions you want in that group.

On this PBX(VOIPo) i can shift+ ctrl+ all day long but there is no button to click to remove or add what you have selected. Maybe i'm missing something, but being an IT person that can't find it, how is the general public going to make it work?

VOIPoBrandon
09-30-2013, 01:56 PM
I use Firefox, i just tried IE8, same thing when i make a group it already has all the extentions in there and no way to remove any of them. All the other PBX's i have used you make a group then you add what extentions you want in that group.

On this PBX(VOIPo) i can shift+ ctrl+ all day long but there is no button to click to remove or add what you have selected. Maybe i'm missing something, but being an IT person that can't find it, how is the general public going to make it work?

The group select box is a multi-selection options box.

Please see the attached screen shot.

You can select off (ctrl + click) the extensions you want to be included in the group and simply 'save'.

The highlighted extensions are the included extensions within that group.

We will look into making this more obvious/clear.

Let me know how this works out for you - thanks!

chevyman
09-30-2013, 04:40 PM
The group select box is a multi-selection options box.

Please see the attached screen shot.

You can select off (ctrl + click) the extensions you want to be included in the group and simply 'save'.

The highlighted extensions are the included extensions within that group.

We will look into making this more obvious/clear.

Let me know how this works out for you - thanks!

Okay i went in and select 4 extensions and saved them, logged off and went back in and saw those 4 highlighted.

This is going to cause a lot of tech support problems!
I HOPE you guys change it to an add/remove option with no extensions in the list when created.

thanks!

uf_shane
09-30-2013, 10:54 PM

So Tim I was thinking about this, is there a way to add a limit setting for SIP users in the reseller panel?

VOIPoBrandon
10-01-2013, 12:03 AM
So Tim I was thinking about this, is there a way to add a limit setting for SIP users in the reseller panel?

Essentially if I understand you correctly you are asking, for a way to set a limit on the type of extensions a given domain may configure? i.e. 5 maximum SIP extensions, etc, etc? Please confirm. Thanks!

delta60
10-01-2013, 06:51 AM
What about private branding are we going to have a way to replace the voipo logo with our our logo? So that this is a total white label solution.

Regards, Phil

GreenLantern
10-01-2013, 07:34 AM

I like this idea... reseller set limits on different types of extensions so resellers can charger "per extension" or "per ivr" if they want.

What about private branding are we going to have a way to replace the voipo logo with our our logo? So that this is a total white label solution. Regards, Phil

Tim once said that custom subdomains using reseller domain names would be possible. Any word on this?

wingsohot
10-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Why would I even want to resell pbx in the cloud under Voipo's branding? Doesn't make much sense. If we can have our own branding for the residential, why not the pbx?

VOIPoTim
10-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Why would I even want to resell pbx in the cloud under Voipo's branding? Doesn't make much sense. If we can have our own branding for the residential, why not the pbx?

Reseller PBXes are unbranded.

VOIPoTim
10-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Tim once said that custom subdomains using reseller domain names would be possible. Any word on this?

We may allow custom DNS in the future, but right now we're sticking to the subdomains. It becomes a support nightmare to allow it in a lot of cases since resellers would have to handle their own DNS. You'd think that wouldn't be an issue for resellers, but it would be and would cause alot of support issues when they don't. It's something we may do in the future if we can figure out a way to isolate it so it doesn't cause support issues.

VOIPoTim
10-01-2013, 08:34 AM
We're noting all the suggestions given. Right now our dev resources are going to be focused on bugs and the core functionality, but we'll definitely note suggestions for additions/enhancements and consider them for the future.

wingsohot
10-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Reseller PBXes are unbranded.

I created my first free pbx and it is branded with voipo. Are you saying that when I create more, they will not be branded? Can I upload my own logo for branding?

GreenLantern
10-01-2013, 10:20 AM
wing, I think you're still using the old test site. open your reseller control panel at cp.voipwelcome.com and you'll see the new beta pbx tab at the top. create a pbx subdomain there. then go to that subdomain to login and it should be unbranded.

wingsohot
10-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Lantern, thats exactly what i did and at first it wasnt branded but now it is.

uf_shane
10-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Essentially if I understand you correctly you are asking, for a way to set a limit on the type of extensions a given domain may configure? i.e. 5 maximum SIP extensions, etc, etc? Please confirm. Thanks!

Exactly... in Tim's example of the best billing scenario, you would bill by users which would be the SIP extensions, all others could be unlimited but the most important is the SIP user.

VOIPoTim
10-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Lantern, thats exactly what i did and at first it wasnt branded but now it is.

Please open a ticket with the PBX subdomain about this so we can look at the specific PBX. All reseller ones should be unbranded.

VOIPoTim
10-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Okay i went in and select 4 extensions and saved them, logged off and went back in and saw those 4 highlighted.

This is going to cause a lot of tech support problems!
I HOPE you guys change it to an add/remove option with no extensions in the list when created.

thanks!

Yes, I agree that this is confusing now that it's pointed out so we're going to change it to an add/remove type thing in the near future vs the current "highlight the ones you want active" method.

GreenLantern
10-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Please open a ticket with the PBX subdomain about this so we can look at the specific PBX. All reseller ones should be unbranded.

There's definitely something up with the branding. My test pbx had a big VOIPo logo on it this morning. My login must have timed out overnight. After I logged back in, the logo went away.

GreenLantern
10-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Now every time I create a new domain, it is voipo 2.0 branded at the login screen. Plus, I can't login to any of my new domains. I've tried changing passwords, etc, but no luck.

I'm using Chrome right now. I'll try again using Firefox and IE after I get back from some errands.

wingsohot
10-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Had the same problem and sent a support ticket from my reseller account. Brandon got mine working correctly.

chevyman
10-02-2013, 08:57 AM
TIM

Any News on custom music on hold?

This is a major selling point, as companys like there own type of music, and others like music with voice over service info.

Thanks!

uf_shane
10-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Now every time I create a new domain, it is voipo 2.0 branded at the login screen. Plus, I can't login to any of my new domains. I've tried changing passwords, etc, but no luck.

I'm using Chrome right now. I'll try again using Firefox and IE after I get back from some errands.

I experienced this today as well... had to get a support ticket in to fix it but there is def something up

wingsohot
10-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Out of curiosity, is it possible to use say, a Grandstream HT-701 ATA as a hard phone (with a regular phone connected of course), instead of an IP phone, for a sip extension phone? I can't see how that's possible, as it would automatically be provisioned with sip.voipwelcome.com

Is there any way to get around this and just use the sip extension credentials in the ATA?

uf_shane
10-02-2013, 11:59 PM
So I have noticed some new features though my PBX is not working right now (I have a ticket in)... As I was setting up my free PBX to use for our Company I noticed the following new features:

Access: Access extensions allow you to prompt a caller to enter in the direct extension they wish to reach.
Conference: Conference extensions allow you to bridge multiple parties together in an interactive group chat.
Directory: Directory extensions allow callers to find a specific person / extension they would like to reach. Firstname and Lastname SIP extension meta information must be populated in order for it to be included within the directory.
Love that Conference Calling has been added, this is where you will see the need for more than 10 Simultaneous calls very quickly.

VOIPoTim
10-03-2013, 06:31 AM
Out of curiosity, is it possible to use say, a Grandstream HT-701 ATA as a hard phone (with a regular phone connected of course), instead of an IP phone, for a sip extension phone? I can't see how that's possible, as it would automatically be provisioned with sip.voipwelcome.com

Is there any way to get around this and just use the sip extension credentials in the ATA?

You can use any SIP device whether it's an ATA, IP Phone, softphone like X-Lite, etc. Anything that's SIP basically. You'd just use the SIP credentials for the extension in question to configure the device you want to use.

VOIPoBrandon
10-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Hey guys - please advise if you are experiencing any further branding issues at this time. Thanks!

wingsohot
10-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Tim, Brandon, or anyone else that knows the answer to my question. Let's say I want to buy up a bunch of PBX's at $10 each, before the price goes up. Now I set them up with various subdomains. Now, I have clients that want to purchase PBX's. Can I just go into my reseller account and update my existing PBX accounts with the clients preferred subdomain under the "update pbx" field?

VOIPoTim
10-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Tim, Brandon, or anyone else that knows the answer to my question. Let's say I want to buy up a bunch of PBX's at $10 each, before the price goes up. Now I set them up with various subdomains. Now, I have clients that want to purchase PBX's. Can I just go into my reseller account and update my existing PBX accounts with the clients preferred subdomain under the "update pbx" field?

Yes, you could always change the subdomain. The pricing would stay in tact until the actual PBX is cancelled (domain doesn't matter).

wingsohot
10-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I have a question. Seeing as a business pbx client must also have a phone number from the reseller in order to forward the number to an extension in the pbx, wouldn't it be advantagous for the reseller to be able to have the option to enable a pbx in the clients phone number control panel?

This will be better for the client, as the client will only have to log into one control panel rather than two (phone number and pbx control panels)

uf_shane
10-07-2013, 05:45 PM
I have a question. Seeing as a business pbx client must also have a phone number from the reseller in order to forward the number to an extension in the pbx, wouldn't it be advantagous for the reseller to be able to have the option to enable a pbx in the clients phone number control panel?

This will be better for the client, as the client will only have to log into one control panel rather than two (phone number and pbx control panels)

I like the idea of adding the service to an active account but they are not required to have a phone number from the reseller...

wingsohot
10-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Since a client is forwarding their phone number to a sip address rather than to another phone number, would a person overseas be able to forward their phone number to a sip address in the PBX in the cloud?

VOIPoBrandon
10-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Since a client is forwarding their phone number to a sip address rather than to another phone number, would a person overseas be able to forward their phone number to a sip address in the PBX in the cloud?

Correct - SIP is phone number "agnostic". You can forward any phone number essentially to one of the extensions sip addresses, the phone number itself does not really matter, the end request-uri/destination does.

So lets say you forward [insert phone number here] to sip:1000@mypbx.voipo.com [insert phone number here] would route to "1000" @ mypbx.voipio.com so extension 1000 would pickup the call.

You could also alternatively route to sip:[insert phone number here]@mypbx.voipo.com and configure the phone number and extension that it would route to.

Let me know if this makes sense.

wingsohot
10-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Brandon, makes sense to me, thanks for the info.

chevyman
10-13-2013, 05:19 AM
i'm not able to get IVR to play the sound file that it says was uploaded. all i get is no sound but can press a number and that works. also the timeout extension doesn't work it just times out and disconnect the connection.

chevyman
10-13-2013, 05:23 AM
can you do something with this annoying menu bar that keep coming out and covering up the configuration your trying to change.

VOIPoTim
10-13-2013, 10:49 AM
can you do something with this annoying menu bar that keep coming out and covering up the configuration your trying to change.

The side menu on left? We've been debating about having it fully expanded vs keeping it hidden until clicking menu.

If that's what you're talking about, maybe that answers the question :)

uf_shane
10-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Yes I liked it when it was collapsed unless clicked on

VOIPoTim
10-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Yes I liked it when it was collapsed unless clicked on

OK, we'll likely switch it back this week then...have had a few complaints.

chevyman
10-15-2013, 11:42 PM
The side menu on left? We've been debating about having it fully expanded vs keeping it hidden until clicking menu.

If that's what you're talking about, maybe that answers the question :)

YES!!! Keep it hidden or not come out so far as to cover up what your trying to configure, (And i have a WIDE screen monitor).

uf_shane
10-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Knew this was coming, but Tim, when it comes time to designing price, we really should design a hotel option. I have now had to turn away 2 hotels.

uf_shane
10-16-2013, 08:21 PM
I know I have looked through all of the docs, but can someone walk me through how to check a voicemail box on a phone? IE Extension 100 is assigned to voicemail box 200, how would you check the voicemail?

VOIPoTim
10-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Knew this was coming, but Tim, when it comes time to designing price, we really should design a hotel option. I have now had to turn away 2 hotels.

Not sure what you mean. What was the issue?

VOIPoTim
10-16-2013, 08:26 PM
YES!!! Keep it hidden or not come out so far as to cover up what your trying to configure, (And i have a WIDE screen monitor).

It'd hidden now until clicked.

uf_shane
10-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Not sure what you mean. What was the issue?

Simultaneous call count for hotels are generally much higher... So the last one was a hotel with 50 rooms, if 10 guests pick up their phone in their room to make a call, the limit is hit instantly. Imagine a hotel with 200 rooms.
So in the pricing design, a Hotel pricing model is important to have.

Does that help?

VOIPoTim
10-16-2013, 08:29 PM
I know I have looked through all of the docs, but can someone walk me through how to check a voicemail box on a phone? IE Extension 100 is assigned to voicemail box 200, how would you check the voicemail?

To check VM from a phone, dial *MAIL[exten]. So if you want to check the voicemail box with extension 499, you'd dial *6245499. 6245 is MAIL.

We're working on docs.

VOIPoTim
10-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Simultaneous call count for hotels are generally much higher... So the last one was a hotel with 50 rooms, if 10 guests pick up their phone in their room to make a call, the limit is hit instantly. Imagine a hotel with 200 rooms.
So in the pricing design, a Hotel pricing model is important to have.

Does that help?

We'll have higher simultaneous call plan limits later on. We just limited to 10 for the BETA and to keep pricing low. There will be higher plans later (but obviously more $).

uf_shane
10-16-2013, 08:30 PM
To check VM from a phone, dial *MAIL[exten]. So if you want to check the voicemail box with extension 499, you'd dial *6245499. 6245 is MAIL.

We're working on docs.

thanks that is what i needed

VOIPoTim
10-16-2013, 08:39 PM
We'll have higher simultaneous call plan limits later on. We just limited to 10 for the BETA and to keep pricing low. There will be higher plans later (but obviously more $).

Also, uf_shane, I know you're familiar with hosting. Basically think of the current model as "shared hosting". The 10 is a limit that encompasses 80% of clients and tons of PBXes go on each server.

We'll also have other solutions in the future for higher usage thresholds...kinda like VPS and dedicates. We built it so we can in theory setup fully isolated dedicated PBX servers for clients if needed outside of our shared cloud.

uf_shane
10-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Also, uf_shane, I know you're familiar with hosting. Basically think of the current model as "shared hosting". The 10 is a limit that encompasses 80% of clients and tons of PBXes go on each server.

We'll also have other solutions in the future for higher usage thresholds...kinda like VPS and dedicates. We built it so we can in theory setup fully isolated dedicated PBX servers for clients if needed outside of our shared cloud.

Sweet let me know when you are ready to discuss some of the situations that are equivalent to the VPS and Dedicated, I would love to not turn a sale away ;)

VOIPoTim
10-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Sweet let me know when you are ready to discuss some of the situations that are equivalent to the VPS and Dedicated, I would love to not turn a sale away ;)

Prob in the new year. We want to get any remaining bugs ironed out as more are found in real-world use and get documentation in place before pushing larger ones.

uf_shane
10-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Prob in the new year. We want to get any remaining bugs ironed out as more are found in real-world use and get documentation in place before pushing larger ones.

Sounds Good

uf_shane
10-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Had another question come in today, is there a way to dial in to record the IVR greetings?

wingsohot
10-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Had another question come in today, is there a way to dial in to record the IVR greetings?

I've been wondering the same thing also. I think it would be more convenient that way.

uf_shane
10-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Another feature to throw in the pot...

Control International calling on a SIP Extension Level, or using control codes (ie enter an access code to dial out internationally)

chevyman
10-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Two IVR problems:

1) "Repeat Audio (Invalid / No Response)" doesn't work. i checked it but when i go back into it, it is unchecked. Also when i call with 'no response or invalid' it just times out to a busy signal.

2) "Timeout Extension" doesn't work it just times out to a busy signal.

VOIPoTim
10-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Two IVR problems:

1) "Repeat Audio (Invalid / No Response)" doesn't work. i checked it but when i go back into it, it is unchecked. Also when i call with 'no response or invalid' it just times out to a busy signal.

Can you open a ticket for these if you haven't yet?

uf_shane
10-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Hey Tim we have been testing Counterpath, will this PBX support xmpp as well?

VOIPoTim
10-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Hey Tim we have been testing Counterpath, will this PBX support xmpp as well?

Not 100% sure on that. The platform we built it on may natively support it, but I'm not sure. Brandon would be able to clarify if you want to open a ticket so he'll see it.

uf_shane
10-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Okie dokie

chevyman
10-25-2013, 05:56 PM
TIM

Any News on custom music on hold?

This is a major selling point, as company's like there own type of music, and others like music with voice over service info.

Thanks!

Anything going on with this???

GreenLantern
10-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Two IVR problems:

What browser are you using? I've noticed that a lot of the buttons are unresponsive if I use MSIE. Settings don't save, trunks won't register/unregister, etc.

Chrome seems to work fine though.

VOIPoTim
10-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Anything going on with this???

Right now we're working through all the submissions we have and prioritizing bugs/issues before additions, but it's definitely on the list.

chevyman
10-26-2013, 04:29 AM
What browser are you using? I've noticed that a lot of the buttons are unresponsive if I use MSIE. Settings don't save, trunks won't register/unregister, etc.

Chrome seems to work fine though.

i'm using Firefox tried chrome it shows the timeout ext. but doesn't timeout to that ext, just goes to busy signal, have did a trouble ticket on it.

GreenLantern
10-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Not sure if this is a bug, but I found some unusual behavior that I thought I'd report.

If you set some of the forwarding conditions (busy, unavailable, failover) to go to the SIP extension's voicemail extension, it doesn't seem to work as expected.

What happens is, the SIP extension rings until timeout (20 secs for example), then pauses and begins ringing again, without going to voicemail.

Setting those forwarding conditions back to default allows calls to go to voicemail as expected again.

I haven't gone through and tested all the different possibilities for different combinations. So I don't know if busy, unavailable AND failover all cause this, or if it is just a particular one.

VOIPoTim
10-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Not sure if this is a bug, but I found some unusual behavior that I thought I'd report.

If you set some of the forwarding conditions (busy, unavailable, failover) to go to the SIP extension's voicemail extension, it doesn't seem to work as expected.

What happens is, the SIP extension rings until timeout (20 secs for example), then pauses and begins ringing again, without going to voicemail.

Setting those forwarding conditions back to default allows calls to go to voicemail as expected again.

I haven't gone through and tested all the different possibilities for different combinations. So I don't know if busy, unavailable AND failover all cause this, or if it is just a particular one.

Please open a ticket on this with as much detail as you can and we'll look into it.

uf_shane
10-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Just for you guys to have a little laugh ;)

http://youtu.be/0PzQdycgAfc

VOIPoBrandon
10-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Here is a quick bit of documentation for special dial prefixes available to you.

Dynamic Groups
-----
Dynamic group extension where members can join the group and leave the group by dialing pre-defined access codes.
i.e. *JOIN2000 *5646 2000
i.e. *EXIT2000 *3948 2000

Voicemail
-----
Check voicemail
i.e. *MAIL2000 *6245 2000

Alternatively you can check voicemail by dialing the voicemail extension directly, i.e. 2000 from your SIP phone connected to your PBX and immediately hitting zero.

Audio
-----
Playback and Record audio special extensions
i.e. *PLAY2000 *7529 2000
i.e. *RECO2000 *7326 2000

uf_shane
10-29-2013, 09:28 PM
For everyone using the PBX check out this post... http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php/34455-Counterpath-Channel-Partner-Promotion-for-November I have been using Bria now for about two weeks with it

GreenLantern
10-31-2013, 11:40 AM
Are virtual/forwarding numbers "routable" within the cloud pbx?

In other words, if a user has a main number A, and a forwarding number B, can the cloud pbx route calls to number B to a different IVR or extension?

Thx

uf_shane
10-31-2013, 11:41 AM

In other words, if a user has a main number A, and a forwarding number B, can the cloud pbx route calls to number B to a different IVR or extension?

Thx

My testing with this is yes, but I will let Brandon confirm

uf_shane
11-01-2013, 12:04 AM

Thx

Phone Numbers

This page allows you specific what extensions phone numbers are routed to if the phone number is not routed to a specific extension when the call comes in or if it comes in via a SIP registration.

Phone numbers are matched based on the phone number in the SIP headers.

If no match is found, the phone number will be routed to the default SIP extension configured under profile.

uf_shane
11-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Sent a feature request today for a Device Tab showing all of the registered devices on the pbx.

GreenLantern
11-01-2013, 09:58 AM
My testing with this is yes, but I will let Brandon confirm

My testing suggests that forwarding numbers (extra numbers under a single main account) currently are not routable independently from the main number.

I think having separate accounts/trunks/interconnections would work, but now it looks like we can only add a single interconnection.

Not sure if that is a bug, or an intended limitation. But allowing only 1 trunk per pbx is a big disappointment.

VOIPoBrandon
11-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Hello - to answer the question on aliases and PBX routing.

Aliases are a high level conversion that happens almost before any other routing.

So when our switch receives a call to an aliased phone number we convert it to the "true" phone number near instantaneously.

This means ultimately that if you were to forward your primary phone number to say sip:uri@pbx.domain, the alias would follow this same exact path.

So there is no independent separation between SIP URI possible in this implementation with aliases.

If you need independent routing the easiest solution is to set up the desired phone number(s) into a cloud account, in which you can route them to any desired SIP uri (i.e. directly to an extension, or to sip:yourPhoneNumber@your.pbx.domain.com and setup a phone number mapping underneath PBX).

Let me know if this makes sense, thanks!

uf_shane
11-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Brandon,

Does the PBX support Message Waiting Indicator for voicemail boxes?

CasualObserver
11-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Does the PBX support call parking and intercom functionality? Freeswitch has the capabilities and I see earlier in the posts you mentioned that is the platform for this.

Also, any progress on documentation for this? I would think that would be extremely high in your to-do list since you are charging for this in open beta. Star codes, features available etc would be nice. I see several such as mail access and recordings have been posted in this thread already.

Thanks!

VOIPoTim
11-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Does the PBX support call parking and intercom functionality? Freeswitch has the capabilities and I see earlier in the posts you mentioned that is the platform for this.

Also, any progress on documentation for this? I would think that would be extremely high in your to-do list since you are charging for this in open beta. Star codes, features available etc would be nice. I see several such as mail access and recordings have been posted in this thread already.

Thanks!

We have been gradually adding documentation to the control panel pages consistently and will continue to gradually add more and more. It is a big priority.

In terms of intercom and parking, we can add those to our suggestion list for future consideration.

chevyman
11-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Tim

I have found the Voice Mail system to be confusing. Say your sip extensions are numbered in the 300's, so you have the VM extensions in the 800's so ext 301 is using VM 801, but if someone calls ext 301 and get that ext VM, the generic message says "person at extension 801 is not available, record your message at the tone..." this is confusing for the caller, because they were calling extension 301.

There must be some way to link sip extensions with VM extensions. so the generic message would say the sip extension number and not the VM number.

thanks

chevyman
11-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Tim

I have found the Voice Mail system to be confusing. Say your sip extensions are numbered in the 300's, so you have the VM extensions in the 800's so ext 301 is using VM 801, but if someone calls ext 301 and get that ext VM, the generic message says "person at extension 801 is not available, record your message at the tone..." this is confusing for the caller, because they were calling extension 301.

There must be some way to link sip extensions with VM extensions. so the generic message would say the sip extension number and not the VM number.

thanks

i see they added 'Default Greeting:' but no matter what setting i try it still says ext 801 and not 301.

EDIT:
i just was trying out the IVR extension and it times out to VM and the 'Default Greeting:' is working on it but not on the SIP extensions. but now my IVR greeting isn't playing since the last update. I guess its time for a trouble ticket.

CasualObserver
11-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Saw that IVR not playing also, try setting the fields under it to non-zero values. Maximum timeouts and / or Maximum failures fields is what did it. After I did that, it started working.

CasualObserver
11-14-2013, 01:04 AM
Also, would be nice to be able to use shared line functionality. Freeswitch has it, but it needs to be enabled to work. For small businesses that can be handy along with the call parking etc I already asked about.

Thanks!

wingsohot
11-14-2013, 11:10 AM
I was wondering if in the future sometime, resellers will have the option to control the number of extensions a client would be able to use, so that it would be easier to charge per extension, rather than have to monitor the clients account to see how many they are setting up.

GreenLantern
11-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Here's a simple tweak request...

Could we get some more IVR timeout options?

10 seconds is currently the minimum timeout.

Would like to see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 20, 30.

Can't really imagine a scenario where you'd want more than a 10 second timeout.

You generally don't want the caller just sitting around very long.

VOIPoBrandon
11-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Here's a simple tweak request...

Could we get some more IVR timeout options?

10 seconds is currently the minimum timeout.

Would like to see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 20, 30.

Can't really imagine a scenario where you'd want more than a 10 second timeout.

You generally don't want the caller just sitting around very long.

This has been completed.

chevyman
12-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Is there anyway to show in the SIP Extensions if a device is registered to that Extension. Like in the reseller account under 'Connections' where you get the MAC, IP and Device information.

uf_shane
01-03-2014, 07:56 AM
I noticed a new extension type today "Bind Meta Application"

wingsohot
01-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Anyone else having issues with unregistering a number in the pbx? Even removing the number is not working for me. Still shows as registered in the reseller account.

uf_shane
01-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Pop a ticket in, Brandon has been pretty quick with me as we were investigating a different issue with registration

VOIPoBrandon
01-06-2014, 10:41 PM
I noticed a new extension type today "Bind Meta Application"

This feature has not yet been fully pushed out just yet - however is coming very soon, stay tuned....

Hint: allows in-call actions to be bound to a given call flow, i.e. call transfer, call park, call pickup, etc.

uf_shane
01-06-2014, 11:17 PM
This feature has not yet been fully pushed out just yet - however is coming very soon, stay tuned....

Hint: allows in-call actions to be bound to a given call flow, i.e. call transfer, call park, call pickup, etc.

Sweet can't wait

GreenLantern
01-09-2014, 04:46 PM

We're working on docs.

Hi guys. Would it be possible to put this bit of info somewhere on the voicemail page? would really help. thx

chevyman
01-31-2014, 10:47 PM
I just tried to add another gateway and got this error "You are only able to create a single gateway at this time".
Why is this?
I thought the only restrictions was 10 connections?

VOIPoTim
02-01-2014, 06:06 PM
I just tried to add another gateway and got this error "You are only able to create a single gateway at this time".
Why is this?
I thought the only restrictions was 10 connections?

A gateway is the SIP provider where your outbound calls are sent to. You can only have the outgoing calls go to one provider at a time (us or another SIP provider).

chevyman
02-02-2014, 07:15 PM
A gateway is the SIP provider where your outbound calls are sent to. You can only have the outgoing calls go to one provider at a time (us or another SIP provider).

Then how do you do inbound numbers, so some sip extensions can also have direct dial outside numbers?

VOIPoTim
02-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Then how do you do inbound numbers, so some sip extensions can also have direct dial outside numbers?

You have a few options for adding inbound numbers:

1) Order the numbers in the PAYG section for $1/mo + $0.01/Min and select what extension you want them to route to.

2) Point the number to the SIP address of the extension you want it to route to directly.

Go here for more detailed info:

Interconnection - Incoming

chevyman
02-05-2014, 05:02 PM
You have a few options for adding inbound numbers:

1) Order the numbers in the PAYG section for $1/mo + $0.01/Min and select what extension you want them to route to.

2) Point the number to the SIP address of the extension you want it to route to directly.

Go here for more detailed info:

Interconnection - Incoming

My PBX has no "PAYG" or "Interconnection - Incoming". all i have is Interconnection - Gateways

VOIPoTim
02-05-2014, 10:11 PM
My PBX has no "PAYG" or "Interconnection - Incoming". all i have is Interconnection - Gateways

Ah this is a reseller PBX then right? That's for our direct customers. In your case, you'd want to just route the DID to the SIP address of the extension you want it to go to. So you'd set up the DID in a resold account and then use the SIP forwarding function.

GreenLantern
02-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the Cloud PBX?

Starting Wed Feb 5, and through today, Thur, Feb 6, we're getting tons of dropped calls on all our reseller PBX's.

This even happens on internal extension to extension calls, which do not go out on the trunk.

I can duplicate this by creating an echo extension, then dialing that extension. The audio will drop as quickly as 30 seconds, or I may get 7 or 8 minutes. But the audio drops every time. This has been duplicated from several different cities/states, for at least 5 different cloud pbx customers in the last 24 hours.

Just trying to see if it is something specific to our customers, or if it is a problem with the reseller cloud pbx.

Thanks

chevyman
02-06-2014, 09:19 PM

Starting Wed Feb 5, and through today, Thur, Feb 6, we're getting tons of dropped calls on all our reseller PBX's.

This even happens on internal extension to extension calls, which do not go out on the trunk.

I can duplicate this by creating an echo extension, then dialing that extension. The audio will drop as quickly as 30 seconds, or I may get 7 or 8 minutes. But the audio drops every time. This has been duplicated from several different cities/states, for at least 5 different cloud pbx customers in the last 24 hours.

Just trying to see if it is something specific to our customers, or if it is a problem with the reseller cloud pbx.

Thanks

i tried it with echo and it dropped at 1min 25sec and second call at 30sec.

i'm on reseller pbx.

i'm not sold on this pbx for any type of production use.

VOIPoTim
02-07-2014, 12:09 PM

Thanks

We are working to address an address and isolate it where we have a user either maliciously or just with very misconfigured devices sending large amounts of invalid packets to the PBX system that are causing it to "segfault". Our monitoring is then detecting the failure and automatically rebooting but then the attacks whether intentional or non-intentional keep happening. We're working to isolate them, block them, and then put in workarounds to handle that invalid traffic in the future to prevent this.

chevyman
02-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Ah this is a reseller PBX then right? That's for our direct customers. In your case, you'd want to just route the DID to the SIP address of the extension you want it to go to. So you'd set up the DID in a resold account and then use the SIP forwarding function.

where is the "SIP forwarding function" at?

VOIPoTim
02-14-2014, 03:45 PM
where is the "SIP forwarding function" at?

Anywhere you can put in a phone number as the destination, you can put a SIP address. Here's the format: sip:123@host.server.com

So to forward to extension 8482 on demo.voip949.com, you'd do sip:8482@demo.voip949.com

sip:extension@PBXdomain

You can direct it right to the specific extension you want this way whether it's a user extension, a call queue, a group, etc.

chevyman
02-15-2014, 04:55 AM
Anywhere you can put in a phone number as the destination, you can put a SIP address. Here's the format: sip:123@host.server.com

So to forward to extension 8482 on demo.voip949.com, you'd do sip:8482@demo.voip949.com

sip:extension@PBXdomain

You can direct it right to the specific extension you want this way whether it's a user extension, a call queue, a group, etc.

I didn't know the forward number could be a SIP address in the reseller account, thanks.

If i have a 6 line phone (Grandstream gxp2200), having line#1 as main in-out line and lines 2-5 incoming only, all going to IVR. Is there a way to know when a call comes in, which of the 5 lines it came in on.

GreenLantern
02-15-2014, 10:25 AM
I didn't know the forward number could be a SIP address in the reseller account, thanks.

If i have a 6 line phone (Grandstream gxp2200), having line#1 as main in-out line and lines 2-5 incoming only, all going to IVR. Is there a way to know when a call comes in, which of the 5 lines it came in on.

I don't have that phone, but normally, all 6 lines would be registered with a single extension registration. Incoming calls on line 1 would flash the line 1 indicator light and ring your selected ring tone. Additional calls would flash the next indicator light and use the same ringer tone.

If you want something like different ring tones, one way is to create 2 or more different extension accounts for a single phone. Register the phone to several different extensions (1011, 1012, 1013... 1016). Then assign line indicator buttons/lights 2-6 to different extensions instead of all to extension 1 (account 1). Now you can set different ring tones to each line/extension. This lets you get specific about routing different ring groups or queues to specific extensions, so you get different ring tones based on what menu option your caller chose. You might want to limit yourself to just 3 different extensions, so each can have 2 lines on your phone.

The above is a lot to keep up with, but it might do what you need, given the tools available.

More established pbx systems have more options available such as "caller id prepend" and "agent announcement" that could help you out. I'd love to see these features implemented in the Cloud PBX at some point, especially "agent announcement", which lets you assign different pre-recorded messages to your Ring Groups, then plays the corresponding message to an agent when they answer a Ring Group call.

wingsohot
02-20-2014, 09:58 AM
Anybody else having issues with their phone number not forwarding to their pbx? Mine is set up to forward to ext.400 in my pbx. Ever since last night, all I get is ringing on the number that's supposed to forward to the ext. 400. I checked everything in the pbx and all is fine.

GreenLantern
02-21-2014, 07:55 AM
Anybody else having issues with their phone number not forwarding to their pbx? Mine is set up to forward to ext.400 in my pbx. Ever since last night, all I get is ringing on the number that's supposed to forward to the ext. 400. I checked everything in the pbx and all is fine.

Yes, it seems to have started around 4pm Wednesday afternoon. I opened a ticket and was notified Thursday night that it should be fixed now.

But we're still experiencing issues with outbound calling. Only about 1 in 4 seems to work properly.

VOIPoTim
02-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Yes, it seems to have started around 4pm Wednesday afternoon. I opened a ticket and was notified Thursday night that it should be fixed now.

But we're still experiencing issues with outbound calling. Only about 1 in 4 seems to work properly.

Brandon just replied to your ticket.

VOIPoTim
02-21-2014, 11:15 AM
So far we've been able to find a number of bugs/scenarios during the PBX BETA that could only be discovered in real-world usage and we appreciate all BETA testers helping us test and find those bugs now and being patient as we work through them.

We think all current PBX issues are now resolved. If you continue to have issues, please update your ticket.

GreenLantern
02-21-2014, 06:46 PM
So far we've been able to find a number of bugs/scenarios during the PBX BETA that could only be discovered in real-world usage and we appreciate all BETA testers helping us test and find those bugs now and being patient as we work through them.

We think all current PBX issues are now resolved. If you continue to have issues, please update your ticket.

Seems to be working great now.

Y'all have done a great job bug hunting. I don't know what you pay Brandon, but he's worth every penny.

Have a great weekend!

VOIPoTim
02-21-2014, 07:36 PM
Seems to be working great now.

Y'all have done a great job bug hunting. I don't know what you pay Brandon, but he's worth every penny.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for your business!

GreenLantern
02-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Hi everyone,

I just realized that the message waiting indicator (MWI) light does not seem to work with cloud pbx voicemail.

I thought I'd check with other users to see if I'm just doing something wrong.

I've configured the voicemail button, and tried with MWI subscribe enabled and disabled.

I can't get it to work with any of several brands of phones, which all work fine with other pbx's and regular voipo voicemail boxes.

Any other ideas? Or is the cloud pbx MWI feature just not working?

GreenLantern
02-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Hi guys,

I'm having trouble logging into cloud pbx as an extension user (not as an admin).

Do I use the user email address? or the SIP address?

And for password, do I use the email password, SIP password, or possibly some 3rd password?

Thanks for any guidance.

GreenLantern
02-27-2014, 04:38 PM
I have one more cloud pbx question today...

Can we register extensions using any port other than 5060?

I got a phantom call on an extension today from "sipvicious".

I'd like to use an alternate port to avoid these phantom calls on 5060.

chevyman
03-13-2014, 05:05 PM
I have one more cloud pbx question today...

Can we register extensions using any port other than 5060?

I got a phantom call on an extension today from "sipvicious".

I'd like to use an alternate port to avoid these phantom calls on 5060.

Thats a good question, if someone has a multi-line phone wants more than one connection would need other ports.

chevyman
03-15-2014, 08:49 PM
i tried the different ports and they work just set it to the port you want, that is a sip port.

One problem i'm having is i just setup a new PBX and for the life of me, i can't get the gateway to work with incoming calls, it just rings, then goes to a busy signal.

In the monitor, it doesn't show up, like the call isn't getting to the PBX System, but can make out going calls.

I wish as Resellers, we had some type of troubleshooting tools to know whats going on with the lines we have to manage.

chevyman
03-15-2014, 09:54 PM

Thanks

this is happening again

Anyone having the PBX System drop out going calls from 3 to 5 minutes. internal calls are not dropping like last time.

chevyman
03-16-2014, 07:25 PM

TIM

Is the gateway ONLY out going? (reseller account)

VOIPoTim
03-16-2014, 10:19 PM
TIM

Is the gateway ONLY out going? (reseller account)

No, it can be used for incoming too if you use the "Register" option on it...you can only have one though. The best way to handling incoming is forwarding to the SIP address instead of registering.

uf_shane
05-28-2014, 07:23 PM
Sorry Guys I have been mia for a while working and such...

I have one feature request to add...

I want to be able to add a 3 digit number before or after the caller id, prefer after so that if someone having the pbx extension forwarded to their cell phone, they know its a call coming from the pbx.

VOIPoTim
05-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Sorry Guys I have been mia for a while working and such...

I have one feature request to add...

I want to be able to add a 3 digit number before or after the caller id, prefer after so that if someone having the pbx extension forwarded to their cell phone, they know its a call coming from the pbx.

We'll add this to the list to look into. We can def alter the CID like that but I don't think we can easily send both a custom one and still the regular one too. I think we played with that a long time ago on our cloud accounts and we ran into issues with some carriers not liking the Caller ID number not being the right length and some calls were failing. I think we just need to keep it under the normal length so we could do the ext OR a number, but pretty sure if we go longer it causes issues with some carriers.

uf_shane
05-29-2014, 12:34 PM
We'll add this to the list to look into. We can def alter the CID like that but I don't think we can easily send both a custom one and still the regular one too. I think we played with that a long time ago on our cloud accounts and we ran into issues with some carriers not liking the Caller ID number not being the right length and some calls were failing. I think we just need to keep it under the normal length so we could do the ext OR a number, but pretty sure if we go longer it causes issues with some carriers.

That would even work if it send the number called vs the caller's cid too... if that is easier I would prefer that

VOIPoTim
05-29-2014, 01:44 PM
That would even work if it send the number called vs the caller's cid too... if that is easier I would prefer that

Ok, we have it on our list and we're going to see what we can do to get it in the next release.

uf_shane
05-29-2014, 01:50 PM
Ok, we have it on our list and we're going to see what we can do to get it in the next release.
Sounds good Tim keep up the good work

GreenLantern
05-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Most asterisk boxes have that feature, called Caller ID Prepending.

The way it usually works is you can add one or more prepend characters at some stage of an inbound call.

Example, if the call routes through the sales ring group, you can prepend "S:". If the call goes through the tech support ring group, you can prepend "T:", etc. So if John Smith calls and presses 1 for sales, you'd see "S:Smith, John" on caller id.

If the extra characters causes the name length to exceed 15, then characters are removed from the end. So the resulting name is always 15 characters or less, otherwise some phones may not be able to cope.

chevyman
06-02-2014, 12:33 PM
I like the new PBX Cpanel looks good Only one problem, on the "Interconnection / Outgoing" screen under gateways, the column after "Status" you only see the "A" and part of a check box, the rest is cut off.

VOIPoTim
06-02-2014, 01:19 PM
I like the new PBX Cpanel looks good Only one problem, on the "Interconnection / Outgoing" screen under gateways, the column after "Status" you only see the "A" and part of a check box, the rest is cut off.

We're looking into this. I see you have a ticket open on it so we should have it situated soon.