PDA

View Full Version : overage on the international plan

inphoenix
08-01-2013, 12:33 PM
I've been a Voipo customer for over a year and have their 1200 minute international plan. We usually are well within the limits of 1200 minutes. This month we had a family member visiting and they went over the allotted 1200 minutes. There was no email or any notification that we were going over the limit. Today I get a surprise bill via email. I called the support to ask and they said that there is no provision of any notification for usage or if you are nearing your allocated quote.

This is just a bad business practice. Even the website won't allow you to see the total number of minutes used! If you really want to know the usage you need to sit down with a calculator and add the minutes while most other telecom companies will allow you to see the usage total on their website. Companies like verizon give you apps to check the usage in real time and also send out texts when you are nearing the limit.

Does VOIPO believes in keeping the customer in dark and making money off them?

Would VOIPO care to comment on this? Or do I need to take this to BBB?

EDIT : Here is a link to my post from 6/2012 where I suggested this feature. http://www.voipo.com/forums/showthread.php/5234-Totals-for-minutes-used-in-1200-international-minutes-package?p=27040

VOIPoTim
08-01-2013, 02:43 PM
All usage is available in the call history and international calling can be blocked in vPanel. We don't notify users about their usage and leave it up to each user to individually monitor usage.

We recommend that all users monitor their usage.

I will note your suggestion for a total usage notification for consideration for future development. You can obtain usage info in call history now manually or in the call history or usage/unbilled charges area.

I know this is likely not what you want to hear, but it doesn't seem like anything was handled poorly on our end so there's not much we can do. Users are responsible for the calls they place.

inphoenix
08-01-2013, 04:27 PM
I know this is likely not what you want to hear, but it doesn't seem like anything was handled poorly on our end so there's not much we can do. Users are responsible for the calls they place.

I appreciate your point of view. I will let BBB decide how they feel about it. Thanks for your response.

redoneusa
08-01-2013, 06:58 PM
I've been a Voipo customer for over a year and have their 1200 minute international plan. We usually are well within the limits of 1200 minutes. This month we had a family member visiting and they went over the allotted 1200 minutes. There was no email or any notification that we were going over the limit. Today I get a surprise bill via email. I called the support to ask and they said that there is no provision of any notification for usage or if you are nearing your allocated quote.

This is just a bad business practice. Even the website won't allow you to see the total number of minutes used! If you really want to know the usage you need to sit down with a calculator and add the minutes while most other telecom companies will allow you to see the usage total on their website. Companies like verizon give you apps to check the usage in real time and also send out texts when you are nearing the limit.

Does VOIPO believes in keeping the customer in dark and making money off them?

Would VOIPO care to comment on this? Or do I need to take this to BBB?

EDIT : Here is a link to my post from 6/2012 where I suggested this feature. http://www.voipo.com/forums/showthread.php/5234-Totals-for-minutes-used-in-1200-international-minutes-package?p=27040
By your own admission you knew how many minutes per month you had covered, see below from there own website:
1200 Minute Calling Plan Addon

If you call internationally a lot, you can upgrade your 60 free minutes to 1200 minutes for just $7.95 month. This will allow you to make up to 1200 free minutes of calling to destinations marked as "Package Eligible" each month.

It's ironic you seek BBB intervention when you used more than your minutes. Just because they did not warn you of your own usage?! Now I have heard it all. Go run up your data usage with any cellular carrier and see how much your bill is with or without warning.