PDA

View Full Version : Correct sip URL to ring VOIPo?

usa2k
11-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Is it sip:<my_number>@sip.welcome.com ???

Or is it that cherio URL mentioned somewhere?

VOIPoTim
11-10-2008, 07:29 PM
I just had these re-added so the DNS may need to sync some, but these should work:

sip:NUMBER@in.voipo.com
sip:NUMBER@in.voipwelcome.com
sip:NUMBER@incoming.voipo.com
sip:NUMBER@incoming.voipwelcome.com

usa2k
11-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Testing by routing to sip from my 352 VOIPo number to my 734 VOIPo number, only one of the 4 examples worked.

I setup outbound routing using 456, 457, 458, and 459 to test each one.

Only sip:734xxxxxxx@incoming.voipwelcome.com worked.

usa2k
11-11-2008, 08:02 PM
VOIPms charges $0.0125 for CNAM on each call :(

VOIPo does not seem to try its own CNAM for calls on inbound SIP :(

I get UNKNOWN, and the number I called from.
A PSTN from a 352-399-xxxx number would give me Wildwood.

I guess I will eat the CNAM from VOIPms to see CNAM.

Does the VOIPo Express numbers do CNAM and is there a charge?

VOIPoTim
11-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Does the VOIPo Express numbers do CNAM and is there a charge?

Since Express is just a forwarding service it just passes on the CNAM that came on the first leg of the call. Those calls are literally just forwarded on and it's more of a "bridge" between the original leg and the final leg. We don't handle audio for them or really change these calls are at all. Literally just an intermediary.

VOIPoTim
11-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Testing by routing to sip from my 352 VOIPo number to my 734 VOIPo number, only one of the 4 examples worked.

I'll have someone fix these tomorrow then.

usa2k
11-12-2008, 03:18 AM
And by comparison ... the sip to incoming sip in my tests is a Residential account that does not do CNAM. Then, sip inbound is not always a real PSTN number to do a LIDB against perhaps?

VOIPoTim
11-12-2008, 12:26 PM
And by comparison ... the sip to incoming sip in my tests is a Residential account that does not do CNAM. Then, sip inbound is not always a real PSTN number to do a LIDB against perhaps?

Right. Anything coming over SIP the system knows it's a SIP call. It'll just accept whatever is being passed on SIP calls and only do lookups on actual calls coming in from numbers.

So say someone used a softphone to call your SIP address and they had a "Name" field set in that, that should be passed on and used.

If someone uses that same softphone with the name set to call your phone number, it would do a lookup in the CNAM database to get the Caller ID for them ignoring the Name field.

voxabox
11-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Right. Anything coming over SIP the system knows it's a SIP call. It'll just accept whatever is being passed on SIP calls and only do lookups on actual calls coming in from numbers.

So say someone used a softphone to call your SIP address and they had a "Name" field set in that, that should be passed on and used.

If someone uses that same softphone with the name set to call your phone number, it would do a lookup in the CNAM database to get the Caller ID for them ignoring the Name field.
uhm, does that mean I can spoof my mine, call my parents' number (VOIPo) and pretend to be xyz calling from the White House:p

VOIPoTim
11-12-2008, 02:45 PM
uhm, does that mean I can spoof my mine, call my parents' number (VOIPo) and pretend to be xyz calling from the White House:p

Should only work for SIP to SIP.

usa2k
11-12-2008, 06:02 PM

I see still, only the one SIP URL works.

PLEASE NOTE: The other three produce ringing for the caller, and do end up in the VOIPo Voice Mail. It just never rings the actual VOIPo line. I should have stated that better the first time.

usa2k
05-14-2009, 01:52 AM
I see still, only the one SIP URL works.

PLEASE NOTE: The other three produce ringing for the caller, and do end up in the VOIPo Voice Mail. It just never rings the actual VOIPo line. I should have stated that better the first time.

I've not looked at this in a while.
DSLR question: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22386771-VOIPo-VOIPo-What-is-the-SIP-URI-for-VOIPo