PDA

View Full Version : Call Quality and Price - Spot On

zevin
11-13-2008, 12:47 AM
I found out about VOIPo by chance, and am so happy with the service. I entered service near the end of Beta testing. Before sign up I was skeptical of the quality or reliability due to the company being so new. However, knowing the associations VOIPo has with a major US internet web hosting company I decided to try VOIPo. I received my adapter (Grandstream 502) in no time, had it plugged into my network, and was up and running instantly. The quality was spot on, price was right, and the calling features were included.

Being a “plain old telephone” customer switching to VOIP I have found the following:

• True “plug and play” - little to no modifications on my end
• Voice quality is GREAT with no lag or echo.
• User supported telemarketer block and the ability to white or black list incoming numbers has been a true blessing.
• Voice mail will send an email alert with the ability view and listen to messages online in vPanel
• 911 setup was a breeze
• Customer support responds within hours of submitting ticket
• vPanel web interface is smooth and clean – one stop shop for all preferences.

I have taken my adapter to friend’s houses and on vacation and had no problem plugging in. Instant joy.

I have only had two problems that required me to contact support for help.

1. I could not receive or call to a specific cell phone – support modified a few settings on the back end in less than an hour, called me to let me know it was fixed.
2. Voice mail light problem – I think that was system wide due to VOIPo switching to the new voice mail system. No problems now.

I have been so pleased with my service I added two more lines to my account, and I am going to say goodbye Ma Bell.