PDA

View Full Version : Unable to call INBOUND

christcorp
11-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Was wondering if anyone had a similar issue. Outgoing calls worked, but ALL incoming calls went straight to failover to my cell phone. I unplugged the power to the grandstream 502 and re-powered it back up. All seems to be fine now. Anyone know if there were any maintenance or similar scheduled that may have "Burped" the connection. This is the 1st issue I've had with the 502, so I don't think it's a NAT issue or anything. Thanks... Mike....

VOIPoTim
11-19-2008, 07:25 PM
There were some MySQL cluster changes today that I don't believe affected service, but I guess there's a possibility if the registration came in exactly when the change was made or something like that.

If you see the issue again, let us know.

christcorp
11-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Sounds good. Thanks tim.... Mike.....

rcboats24
12-04-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm having this same issue today. Anyone else? I called in a ticket and VOIPO said they would give me a call when they resolved the issue. My ATA says it is registered and it's been up for 45 days without any problems. I didn't reset it yet to see if they could figure out what is wrong.

VOIPoTim
12-04-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm having this same issue today. Anyone else? I called in a ticket and VOIPO said they would give me a call when they resolved the issue. My ATA says it is registered and it's been up for 45 days without any problems. I didn't reset it yet to see if they could figure out what is wrong.

Have you tried rebooting it?

burris
12-04-2008, 03:51 PM

No problems here..in Miami....

rcboats24
12-04-2008, 04:02 PM
No, I figured that would fix the issue and support may not be able to look to see if the actual problem was not being registered, etc. On my side, the ATA still showed that it was registered and could make outbound calls. Support also got back to me via email and asked me to reboot the device so I assume they saw a registration issue. I checked again before rebooting and all incoming calls are working now so it's most likely that registration was lost somehow and the ATA re-registered on its own.

GTOJim
12-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Was wondering if anyone had a similar issue. Outgoing calls worked, but ALL incoming calls went straight to failover to my cell phone. I unplugged the power to the grandstream 502 and re-powered it back up. All seems to be fine now. Anyone know if there were any maintenance or similar scheduled that may have "Burped" the connection. This is the 1st issue I've had with the 502, so I don't think it's a NAT issue or anything. Thanks... Mike....

I used my cell to phone my wife at home. My call was forwarded to my network down number which happened to be the cell phone I was using to place the call.
Seems there might have been a brief problem.

voxabox
12-05-2008, 05:25 AM
I used my cell to phone my wife at home. My call was forwarded to my network down number which happened to be the cell phone I was using to place the call.
Seems there might have been a brief problem.
GTOJim,
thanks, mb I should add this recursive network down forwarding "quirk"
to my wish list