PDA

View Full Version : HostGator 75% Off - Black Friday

VOIPoTim
11-28-2008, 03:41 AM
Hey Guys,

If anyone needs hosting, now's a great time. We're having a Black Friday sale at HostGator.

75% off first invoice (regardless of the term).

http://www.hostgator.com

Just thought I'd point it out...

usa2k
11-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Can an existing hosting plan be extended too?
I guess I will take a look.

EDIT: I see no way to buy extra years of hosting???
I am with the LINUX Shared Business Plan.

A couple years would be great to add.

usa2k
11-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Unless I am not finding the link ...
A lack of early renew/extend ability is a loss of revenue.

Hmmmm ..... called and that is just new sign-ups.
I like their products better than elsewhere though.

VOIPo on the other hand, I expect will let bill get paid before they are due?
Maybe VOIPo will pioneer a better billing system that both could use?

buckethead
11-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Tim thanks for posting this. Current Site5 hosting is up in a month or so and was looking at moving to HostGator as it was. This provided the extra incentive - hard to not sign up for 3 years at only a few bucks a month.

rcboats24
11-29-2008, 07:44 AM
I was also told when I called that this special was for new sign-ups only even though I had just signed up and was in my 45 day guarantee period.

I decided to move to another provider to take advantage of their black friday specials as these sales allowed me to move up to a better hosting package for the amount I can afford to spend. The hostgator salesperson helped me with the cancellation but wouldn't allow this deal to go through.

zevin
11-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I was also told when I called that this special was for new sign-ups only even though I had just signed up and was in my 45 day guarantee period.

I decided to move to another provider to take advantage of their black friday specials as these sales allowed me to move up to a better hosting package for the amount I can afford to spend. The hostgator salesperson helped me with the cancellation but wouldn't allow this deal to go through.

Most if not ALL of HostGators deals/specials are for new customers. Even if you tried to move and come back HG will know. I have heard of people trying that very tactic and was denied.

On the other hand, the back Friday special is a heck of a deal.

quattrohead
11-29-2008, 04:23 PM
I am still waiting for the windows reseller hosting.......

VOIPoTim
11-29-2008, 04:56 PM
I am still waiting for the windows reseller hosting.......

It's been more of a staffing issue than anything else.

We're finally at a point where we're officially "overstaffed" vs hiring everyone who could type. When we first moved to Houston back in 06, I was doing all the hiring and hired around 120 people in 2 months. It was crazy then. Literally if they knew what FTP was and could type, they were hired. We were growing so far and having major issues catching up.

The last year we've been caught up overall and we're overstaffed on Level 1 positions now (which is good), but not on the high-end technical positions.

We're just now at a point where we feel we're good on the Linux side of things with the high-end positions. Windows and VPS are the next two hiring priorities. Once the top tier technical positions are filled for those, the rollout will happen.