PDA

View Full Version : VOIPo.com Launching Monday

VOIPoTim
11-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Just a heads up...

The plan is to launch the first voipo.com site Monday evening. It'll be improved over time, but this one has all the basic info on it.

VIP Launch Group e-mails should be going out Monday morning as well.

This is subject to change, but it's all basically done so I don't expect it to.

burris
11-30-2008, 05:12 AM
Just a heads up...

The plan is to launch the first voipo.com site Monday evening. It'll be improved over time, but this one has all the basic info on it.

VIP Launch Group e-mails should be going out Monday morning as well.

This is subject to change, but it's all basically done so I don't expect it to.

Hi, Tim....

I wish you all the best and hope the service that I have experienced thus far continues, as I'm sure it will..

Montano
11-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Now the doubters on DSLR can finally shut up ;)

christcorp
11-30-2008, 11:05 AM
There will most definitely be those on DSLR that believe they speak for the entire telephone community. They will find something like no BYOD, no asterisk, etc... and say something stupid about the "inferiority" of the service. Even though the truth is that the vast majority of telephone customers don't really care about the majority things they whine about.

I love differences in opinions. But ONLY if they are educated opinions. I think it's great that there are different desires of a voip provider. But when morons speak, as though they believe they have been annoited to speak for everyone else, it fires me up to expose the moron deep within them. Sort of like certain advocacy groups that spew opinions out and try to have you believe they speak for the majority. When in fact, such a small percentage of people actually believe in their crap. So, it will be interesting to see what the critics say about voipo now that it is going live. later... mike....

usa2k
11-30-2008, 11:23 AM
I win!

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21445090-

VOIPoTim
11-30-2008, 07:32 PM
If anyone wants to post this on DSLReports, feel free :)

I'm in a really productive mood tonight so may look over it and push it out sooner (just my ok is basically the only thing left).

usa2k
11-30-2008, 07:35 PM
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21506220-Re-VoiceStick-New-Switch-is-

Montano
11-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Let's see how long it takes for me to grab a lawn chair and some popcorn ;)

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21506255-VOIPo-Launching-Monday-1212008

VOIPoTim
11-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah, this will be an interesting week.

I'll be posting here with some info on it so you guys will know what's going on, but we're also doing launch specials which I'm sure will attract some "not sustainable" drama.

These will be pulled once certain volume targets are hit. Basically we're not making money on them, but have a certain marketing budget that we're willing to use to absorb that. The goal with this is to make a big splash and I think extending $99 for first year to everyone will do that.

chpalmer
11-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah, this will be an interesting week.

You can say that again... :o

Just found out Ill be making all the big decisions at my company as of the first of the year... (phones included) :D

Good luck with the launch! :cool:

usa2k
11-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Tim,

Are you going to keep the beta crowd private, but open a public forum area?
Maybe name it the "VOIPo Public Full Launch Forum"?

VOIPoTim
11-30-2008, 08:27 PM
You can say that again... :o

Just found out Ill be making all the big decisions at my company as of the first of the year... (phones included) :D

Good luck with the launch! :cool:

Definitely.

Congrats!

VOIPoTim
11-30-2008, 08:39 PM
BTW, some of the testimonials from the reviews forum are integrated.

If you want one added, let me know. If yours is there and you want to change/remove it, let me know.

We just used first name + state. It's all dynamic so pretty easy to change them. They just are in a DB and it rotates.

fisamo
12-01-2008, 12:12 PM
What a crappy time for my service to be down!

OK, now that I got your attention... :cool: It's only down, because I've been painting the walls where my computer normally resides, so my Asterisk system and ATAs (with the exception of my primary phone line) are all boxed up in a closet. :eek: Not that I expect to see any significant difference in performance between pre-launch and post-launch...

voxabox
12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
I can't help but notice that international rates are pretty high (for some countries):
Country Code Rate
Cuba 53 $1.4196
Austria 43 $0.2627
Philippines 63 $0.2225
Russia 7 $0.2033
Egypt 20 $0.2029
Vietnam 84 $0.2010

Brian
12-01-2008, 04:38 PM
How's the launch day going?

VOIPoTim
12-01-2008, 04:56 PM
How's the launch day going?

A little busy, but good. Kind of nice to be seeing $1K+ an hour flowing in after a few years of spending :)