PDA

View Full Version : Voicemail Cutoff

GutenTag
12-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Relatively new VOIPo customer here...

Can something be done to make the automatic truncation of the voicemail a little less sensitive? I had a call from one of those doctor reminder services and it was truncated because of a pause in the message. I have noticed on other Voicemail messages a similar problem. Can the amount of time of silence be increased before it gets cut off?

Thanks.

rcboats24
12-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Here is the response I received in mid November from support:

We're looking into different ways to address this issue, but as of now there is no way to configure it on your end. We will look further into this issue and will let you know when we update the issue. I apologize for the inconvenience.

VOIPoTim
12-04-2008, 03:09 PM
In terms of the silence detector when leaving messages, we've increased it to 5 seconds. It was 2 seconds before.

Let me know how this change works out.

rcboats24
12-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the update. Not sure when you increased the timeout, but my dad was the only one this was happening to regularly for me and he hasn't complained about it in awhile so either he's talking faster or it's fixed for me.

usa2k
12-04-2008, 07:54 PM
5 seconds sounds like a great time length.

GutenTag
12-05-2008, 08:36 AM
In terms of the silence detector when leaving messages, we've increased it to 5 seconds. It was 2 seconds before.

Let me know how this change works out.

So far so good. No problems with voice mails for actual people. I will have to check the next time I get an automated call from one of those appointment reminder services.

Thanks very much for increasing the silence detector.