PDA

View Full Version : Any VM Problems today?

scott2020
12-09-2008, 03:23 PM
I have had 3 people tell me today that when they go to voicemail, there is just dead air. Voicemail doesn't seem to be working for me today for inbound calls. I will open a ticket.

Scott

scott2020
12-10-2008, 04:00 PM
I have a ticket open but I'm having a lot of trouble with the voicemail. It has answered and I left a message only to have "zero" in the inbox when I checked, and also have been disconnected during the greeting. One time I called and the voicemail voice said "goodbye" and hung up. I guess it is just my line.

VOIPoJustin
12-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Hey there Scott.

We have had a few isolated issues with voicemail today on our side (a few tweaks caused some unexpected problems); however, as of now everything should be completely functional. Are you still encountering issues?

varaonaid
12-10-2008, 07:52 PM
I have had 3 people tell me today that when they go to voicemail, there is just dead air. Voicemail doesn't seem to be working for me today for inbound calls. I will open a ticket.

Scott

Ditto here. Plus when I try to download the VM from my panel to listen to online, it either fails or downloads an empty txt file. Any ideas as to what's going on?

scott2020
12-11-2008, 01:25 PM
So far things seem to be working normally again. I recently got a voicemail and was notified by email and such. I'll let you know if I see anything else strange.

thanks!

VOIPoTim
12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Basically what was happening yesterday is that some permissions on some new VM servers were not set correctly and the system was unable to read greetings in some cases so it would have no greeting and just drop with a "goodbye" since there was nothing to play.

All the permissions were correctly set now and it shouldn't be a recurring issue.

varaonaid
12-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Things were a bit better today. I was able to get into my VM via phone but even though someone had just left a message of over a minute, the VM system said I had no new messages so I could listen to them via phone.