PDA

View Full Version : Big Announcements

VOIPoTim
12-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Big announcements coming soon. A few policy changes and feature additions about to go live in next few days...

Anyone want to speculate?

Brian
12-11-2008, 04:22 AM
I'm hoping for a) simultaneous ring, and b) more info on the HostGator hint you dropped a few weeks back :)

burris
12-11-2008, 04:35 AM
For me, the service works great as it is, but the mention of simulring would be a big plus.

Also, this was mentioned in the past...remote call forwarding from a cell phone for example calling in to the switch.

usa2k
12-11-2008, 05:27 AM
Anything from my wish list?
Or Canadian numbers?

Does HostGator have a big Canadian demographic?

gbh2o
12-11-2008, 05:46 AM
Big announcements coming soon. A few policy changes and feature additions about to go live in next few days...

Sure... VOIPo is going to bring back Carrier for us lost souls and soles!?!? ;-) See what you get for asking?

Montano
12-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Outbound CNAM :)

dswartz
12-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Tim is quitting and being replaced by the former CEO of Sunrocket!

fisamo
12-11-2008, 08:56 AM

You've had some great speculation in the thread so far. Here are a few thoughts (admittedly many of them echoed from previous posts):

Features

Remote Call Forward
Simul-Ring
Call Hunting (sequential ring, could be integrated with simulring)
Multiple lines on one vPanel
The return of Carrier
"Smart" call forwarding/simulring (doesn't ring a destination if that's the incoming CID)

Policies

Explicit statements of allowing porting-in of mobile numbers, porting-in to Express numbers, etc.
Implemention of GatorBill?
After 1 year of service, adapters will be 'written off'; customers will be allowed to keep them, and they will be unlocked.
Opening of the Re-seller program and an Affiliate program

Well, at least if the big announcements don't cover all of these 'wissues' (or is that 'wishues'?), you certainly won't suffer from a lack of things to do... :p

burris
12-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Tim is quitting and being replaced by the former CEO of Sunrocket!

You mean there's a HOOK in our future?;)

quattrohead
12-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Grandstream firmware update for dialing plans and someone called Bruce joining the team ?????

voxabox
12-11-2008, 10:29 AM
You've had some great speculation in the thread so far. Here are a few thoughts (admittedly many of them echoed from previous posts):

Features

Remote Call Forward
Simul-Ring
Call Hunting (sequential ring, could be integrated with simulring)
Multiple lines on one vPanel
The return of Carrier
"Smart" call forwarding/simulring (doesn't ring a destination if that's the incoming CID)

Policies

Explicit statements of allowing porting-in of mobile numbers, porting-in to Express numbers, etc.
Implemention of GatorBill?
After 1 year of service, adapters will be 'written off'; customers will be allowed to keep them, and they will be unlocked.
Opening of the Re-seller program and an Affiliate program

Well, at least if the big announcements don't cover all of these 'wissues' (or is that 'wishues'?), you certainly won't suffer from a lack of things to do... :p
fisamo,
you've got my vote:D

chpalmer
12-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Um-

Painted??

http://forums.voipo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=143&d=1229014193

VOIPoTim
12-11-2008, 01:11 PM
I've got several things coming, but I don't think anyone has guessed a few of them yet.

quattrohead
12-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Do we get a prize !!!!

Brian
12-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Do we have an ETA for any of these surprises? And can you tell us one or two that were right? :-D

VOIPoTim
12-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Do we have an ETA for any of these surprises? And can you tell us one or two that were right? :-D

Very soon ETA wise.

Won't confirm them yet, but I can drop some hints for them.

Politicians.

Twins.

Rain.

Bailout.

Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

International.

These should give you a good indication.

dswartz
12-11-2008, 02:12 PM
I've got it! Governor Blagojevitch is appointing you to fill out Obama's senate seat!

fisamo
12-11-2008, 03:55 PM
VOIPo / HostGator have a huge ad buy during the broadcast of the inauguration? :cool:

chpalmer
12-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Your gonna bail out vonage using twins to deliver the package in an International Scout during the rainy season...

Dont worry I wont tell anyone!

VOIPo / HostGator have a huge ad buy during the broadcast of the inauguration?

Actually this is what Im thinking also... but the carrier post earlier.... :cool:

VOIPoTim
12-11-2008, 07:38 PM
VOIPo / HostGator have a huge ad buy during the broadcast of the inauguration? :cool:

Nope, not it.

chpalmer
12-11-2008, 07:47 PM
He didnt discount the Carrier comments!!!! :cool::cool:

Id almost wander that if Hostgator was getting a number for their clients if they would not be providing hosting accounts for Voipo customers...

usa2k
12-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Very soon ETA wise.

Politicians.
Government contract

Twins.
Two lines unlimited same price
Or you are buying the Minnesota Twins

Rain.
. . .

Bailout.
Buying Vonage - Renaming to VONo
Getting Bono to promote :)

Don't Ask, Don't Tell.
Vegas Hotel VOIPo contract

International.
International unlimited plan

I guess I don't have a clue :confused:

usa2k
12-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Are you allowing BYOD?
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21571036-Re-VOIPo-Launching-Monday-1212008

Brian
12-13-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm kind of disappointed this thread died down - I was looking forward to hearing some of the ideas folks had about Tim's clues :)

usa2k
12-13-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm kind of disappointed this thread died down - I was looking forward to hearing some of the ideas folks had about Tim's clues :)Me too!

And "very soon" from Tim, could be 2 1/2 more years :D

digger16309
12-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I couldn't get all the clues into my theory, but I was leaning towards some sort of exclusive military contract, perhaps not in war zones, but in non-war zones with a lot of troops such as Germany, Korea, etc...

VOIPoTim
12-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Here's a few more.

Each thing on that list is for a separate announcement.

The "twins" one got leaked onto DSLReports today by me. It's the coveted "Cloned Line" feature. That should be rolled out next week.

usa2k
12-14-2008, 05:31 AM
Cloned line:
http://www.dslreports.com/nsearch?q=cloned&o=d&cat=remark&bids=,168&tt=tt15016906
Via Talk, Phonepower ... didn't know this is becoming new(to me) terminology.

If its a 2nd device BYOD option,
and you must have a VOIPo ATA for reporting issues...

That is a novel approach to reduced support issues!

(I do not see a direct reference to VOIPo on DSLR.)
Just got a database error! Very sluggish here!!!!!

BTW: Forum is VERY sluggish! (Other sites like DSLR are fine.)

Montano
12-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Here's a few more.

Each thing on that list is for a separate announcement.

The "twins" one got leaked onto DSLReports today by me. It's the coveted "Cloned Line" feature. That should be rolled out next week.

Will support give me the credentials I need to set up my PAP2 for 'cloned lines' ?

I PM'd you, as well as emailed support on another issues a couple days ago but have not heard back from either. Things must be really busy in Houston !!

Brian
12-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Care to elaborate on the "Cloned Lines" feature?

NY Tel Guy
12-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Care to elaborate on the "Cloned Lines" feature?Yes I cannot find anything in Dsl Reports.

Cloned = Exact copy. Free line 2?

buckethead
12-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Here is Tim's post on DSLreports:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21577802-Re-Legacy-Server-Support

Sim Ring and pretty good list of other things like a Cloned Line Feature are in testing and coming soon.

fisamo
12-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Very soon ETA wise.

Now that you've told us each clue is for a different feature/policy, let's see how well I can do:

Politicians.

Voicemail 'blasting' (like one unified message to everyone on the team - 'Be at practice a half hour early this week'...) or 'Vote for ME, not my opponent!' :rolleyes:

Twins.

I can't claim credit for guessing, since you spilled that this would be the 'cloned line' feature (that I presume is intended to operate in a similar fashion as VT's two-line feature).

Rain.

Rain ... gutter ... drain ... umbrella ... drop ... clouds ... flood ... precipitation ... water ...
I'm at a loss here. :confused:

Bailout.

A free second voipo ATA (with a lighter adapter instead of AC plug) that connects via cell towers. Only works in American vehicles. OK, probably not... :p

Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

Enhanced privacy options - per call blocking, per line blocking, etc. - a vPanel control to operate this setting.

International.

Some kind of international plan - upcharge for unlimited EU landline calls?

Give us a good indication, or give you a good laugh at our guesses? :p

VOIPoTim
12-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Yes I cannot find anything in Dsl Reports.

Cloned = Exact copy. Free line 2?

With the same phone number though. Just like PhonePower and VT.

It's more or less just an additional "channel". Both phone ports activated with same line and can be used simultaneously.

burris
12-14-2008, 02:55 PM

It's more or less just an additional "channel". Both phone ports activated with same line and can be used simultaneously.

Does that mean I will no longer need my 2nd line?;)

gbh2o
12-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Maybe we get the outbound fax back also?!?!

NY Tel Guy
12-15-2008, 09:20 PM

It's more or less just an additional "channel". Both phone ports activated with same line and can be used simultaneously.Will it be auto provisioned or will we have to manually set it up (502 adapter).

VOIPoTim
12-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Will it be auto provisioned or will we have to manually set it up (502 adapter).

Yep, it'll be automatic once we push it out.

Montano
12-16-2008, 06:13 AM
Yep, it'll be automatic once we push it out.

And for those few on BYOD ??

zevin
12-16-2008, 02:38 PM
And for those few on BYOD ??
I would say you are going to be SOL, as VOIPo is only supporting the GS 502. This is unless Tim is willing to work with you.:)

dswartz
12-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Can someone explain exactly what this feature is, and what the benefits are? I am BYOD but not using an ATA (asterisk user). From what I *think* this feature is, I could emulate it if I wanted a second line, but it would be nice to be sure...

Montano
12-16-2008, 04:13 PM
It's a copy of line 1. Not sure how Voipo is going to work, but when I had VT it worked like this:
ATA has lines 1 & 2 registered.
Both lines ring on incoming call, answer either line.
When one line is tied up, the other line will ring or you can dial out if you want.

usa2k
12-16-2008, 08:11 PM
When one line is tied up, the other line will ring or you can dial out if you want. Hopefully it does not break call waiting - not everybody will have a second line or phone for both ports.

In my case, if my dual line phone rings on both lines, the CID on the phone cannot decide what to display also. But, I have two HT286 so I won't be affected. (Unless VOIPo wants me to try a 502 -- I'm willing, but there are plenty test cases out there now.)

Some day, maybe some of my wish lists will get looked at. I am impressed that there are new things being considered while they are ramping up their services!

chpalmer
12-16-2008, 08:23 PM
My two line Nortel splits the display to show each of the incoming calls...

http://forums.voipo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144&d=1229480576

Last I l played with two ata's on the same number I got call waiting tones on the first when I was on it, and the second ata rang simultaneously.

I imagine it will be the same.

dswartz
12-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Cool, thanks. Basically, what I thought...

NY Tel Guy
12-17-2008, 07:51 AM
Yep, it'll be automatic once we push it out.Ok as of 8:30 am Wednesday morning, I re-booted and I now have the ability to place calls on line 1 and line 2. Prior to this, calls attempted on line 2 would just go nowhere even though the adapter produces a dial tone on both ports (even if your internet connection is off.....interesting)
Obviously this was done sooner than later for the 502 users....
But thanks!

VOIPoTim
12-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Ok as of 8:30 am Wednesday morning, I re-booted and I now have the ability to place calls on line 1 and line 2. Prior to this, calls attempted on line 2 would just go nowhere even though the adapter produces a dial tone on both ports (even if your internet connection is off.....interesting)
Obviously this was done sooner than later for the 502 users....
But thanks!

Yeah, it should be available for everyone at this point.

VOIPoTim
12-20-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm going to write up a post on Monday.

Here's another hint...

Two of these are related to network expansion.

usa2k
12-20-2008, 06:50 PM
HostGator is going to host home pages for Comcast users through that BIG pipe you now have? And perhaps use VOIPo for Comcast VoIP services?

Brian
12-22-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm going to write up a post on Monday.

Here's another hint...

Two of these are related to network expansion.

I'm anxiously awaiting your post :)

dcshobby
12-22-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm anxiously awaiting your post :)

As am I!!

I hope its something really BIG!!

dswartz
12-22-2008, 04:27 PM
that's what she said! :)

usa2k
12-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks Tim for the nework expansion explanation in the other thread.
I figured I would post here because you so nicely outlined things, I did not want to sully it! :)

What you reveal here shows a depth with each piece of information. Don't for get to write your book on "The building of VOIPo". If you had no book plans, ... time to get started!

usa2k
12-28-2008, 07:43 AM
Are more announcements coming?

Very soon ETA wise.

Politicians.

Twins. Cloned Line

Rain.

Bailout.

Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Unsupported BYOD

International.

Where did free Virtual line fit?
The expanded network is one of these?
International was the BYOD ability versus shipping hardware?
Did I miss the other references? Are more coming?

Perhaps Rain and Bailout are the two coasts in the network expansion? It would be cool for some people if you were adding a Europe presence too. Or a Canadian presence ...

fisamo
12-28-2008, 08:23 AM
I was thinking that rain (Seattle) and politicians (DC) were the network expansion clues. I'm still a bit fuzzy on bailout and international--I agree (though could be wrong) that don't ask, don't tell is most likely BYOD. I don't know how a free virtual number could fit into bailout or international.

Vumes
12-28-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm still holding out for some type of simultaneous ring feature, but don't see how it would fit in the clues that Tim gave... :rolleyes:

burris
12-28-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm still holding out for some type of simultaneous ring feature, but don't see how it would fit in the clues that Tim gave... :rolleyes:

I have that same hope, as do many others and knowing how Tim works, I'm sure it will be along in a bit..

usa2k
12-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Hmmm,
Bailout might have meant a free Virtual number as a "stimulus package".

usa2k
12-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Politicians. DC Presence

Twins. Cloned Line

Rain. Seattle Presence

Bailout. Free Virtual Line Stimulus

Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Unsupported BYOD

International. Unsupported BYOD to save International shipping.
Is that the right matches Tim?

Distinctive ring for inbound CID would be nice.
Distinctive ring for differentiating a Virtual Number was called would be cool!

Vumes
12-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Is that the right matches Tim?

Distinctive ring for inbound CID would be nice.
Distinctive ring for differentiating a Virtual Number was called would be cool!

Those are great suggestions. I just signed up with Voipo and currently have service from another VOIP company, and they don't seem to want to do anything for their customers. From what I've read so far on here, it seems like customer satisfaction is very important. I like that. Even though my service with the other company is good, the CS sucks, and I've had it with them.

Anyway, thanks Tim, for looking out for the little guy like me.

draymondchm
10-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Hi, any news about the simultaneous ring feature so far please? https://imagicon.info/cat/6-4/1.gif