PDA

View Full Version : Loop Current Disconnect

VOIPoJustin
12-19-2008, 12:41 PM
We've pushed out a small change in the HT502 default provisioning, enabling the 'Loop Current Disconnect' feature with a current disconnect duration of 200 milliseconds.

Essentially, all this does is cut the 'fast busy' signal you'd get when still on the phone after someone disconnects. This is probably most noticeable when you have an answering machine in usage instead of your voice mail, the caller hangs up, and your answering machine is left recording a long and annoying fast busy!

voxabox
12-19-2008, 01:03 PM
We've pushed out a small change in the HT502 default provisioning, enabling the 'Loop Current Disconnect' feature with a current disconnect duration of 200 milliseconds.

Essentially, all this does is cut the 'fast busy' signal you'd get when still on the phone after someone disconnects. This is probably most noticeable when you have an answering machine in usage instead of your voice mail, the caller hangs up, and your answering machine is left recording a long and annoying fast busy!
FWIW,
I;ve been experimenting with the settings...
while setting the current disconnect duration to the min. value (100ms) does not completely solve my problem with the answering machine recording the fast busy tone (ticket #BLE-267247), it helps keep it short(er)

I wish GS

let us specify a shorter value for the setting
provided a setting that allows delaying emitting of fast busy (upon loop disconnection)

Cheers,
-v

VOIPoJustin
12-19-2008, 01:20 PM
What happens exactly? Your answering machine picks up even before that 100ms duration is over?

voxabox
12-19-2008, 01:30 PM
What happens exactly? Your answering machine picks up even before that 100ms duration is over?
VOIPoJustin, take a look at the ticket(BLE-267247)
even with "Loop Current Disconnect" enabled and "Current disconnect duration" of 200,
the answering machine is still able to record the fast busy tone (just a little bit shorter) after the caller hangs up:mad:
perhaps I can try a longer duration for "Current disconnect duration" - I;ve not tried anything longer than 200 ms

fisamo
12-19-2008, 01:48 PM
I'd recommend going longer. The answering machine 'hangs up' when it detects the loop disconnect, and a longer disconnect would be easier to detect. FWIW, choosing something like 1 second is closer to a 'hook flash'; when I've played with the feature on my PAP, I found 500 - 750ms to work well.

VOIPoJustin
12-19-2008, 03:36 PM
I advised him to boost the ms up and try again. Sounds like we may want to make the default around 600ms as opposed to shorter, just to make sure the signal is lasting long enough answering machines to catch.

voxabox
12-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Sorry guys, I've been too busy...
anyways, here is the scoop:

Setting 'Loop Current Disconnect Duration' to 200-300 ms seems to have fixed my problem with the answering machine recording the busy tone; however, the answering machine was able to record a short (10-15 ms) dial tone (just right after the callers left their messages and hung up). I personally tested this condition via both cell and regular POTS phones

Setting 'Loop Current Disconnect Duration' to 3000ms did not seem to cause any problem nor improve anything

FWIW, I did not remember what I did to the SPA-1001 that fixed the very same problem when I had ViaTalk, but I'm glad that the situation has tremendously improved:)

Cheers,
-v

fisamo
12-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Perhaps I missed it, but did you try between 500 and 1000 ms? If so, how did that work?

voxabox
12-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Perhaps I missed it, but did you try between 500 and 1000 ms? If so, how did that work?
fisamo,
no I did not
I did try 3000 ms - see this post (http://forums.voipo.com/showpost.php?p=7770&postcount=7) - and it did not cause nor improve anything
Nevertheless, I'm quite happy that the busy tone (after the callers hang up) is not recorded by the answering machine
(http://forums.voipo.com/showpost.php?p=7770&postcount=7)

burris
03-25-2009, 05:34 PM

Hi, Justin....

I dug out this ancient post as I believe the problem has returned.
Now with the PAP2 instead of the 502, what should the correct setting be and where is it in the PAP2?

My memory fades quickly, but for a long while with the PAP2, I don't recall hearing the fast busy recording on my answer machine. I don't use the system VM. It seems to have returned the last few days, but I can't swear to it..

Thanks...

burris

voxabox
03-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi, Justin....

I dug out this ancient post as I believe the problem has returned.
Now with the PAP2 instead of the 502, what should the correct setting be and where is it in the PAP2?

My memory fades quickly, but for a long while with the PAP2, I don't recall hearing the fast busy recording on my answer machine. I don't use the system VM. It seems to have returned the last few days, but I can't swear to it..

Thanks...

burris
burris,
IIRC, on the linksys/sipura ATAs the params are 'CPC Delay' and 'CPC Duration'

burris
03-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks...

I'll take a look and try some different numbers..

fisamo
03-27-2009, 10:24 AM
The relevant number for you should be CPC duration. As previously, I recommend 500 - 750 ms. With settings in that range, you'll probably get the disconnect then reorder tone (or "if you'd like to make a call, please hang up and dial again" type recording, but more likely reorder).

If you set for 1000 ms or longer, it should work as well, but instead of reorder or recording, you might actually get a fresh dialtone.

burris
03-27-2009, 10:49 AM
The PAP2 CPC duration comes provisioned from support with a value of "0" and a CPC delay of "2"

Maybe this is the reason?

burris
08-31-2009, 01:54 PM

I dug up this old thread as it is still happening when I use the PAP2...I don't recall it doing this when I use the SPA2102 and the 502 is history..

I'm provisioned at the moment and these are the settings....
CPC Delay:2
Interdigit Long Timer:10

If you have the fix, please hard code it for me. If not and you want me to try some other timings, I will be happy to do so.

Thanks....

burris

mdlawler
08-31-2009, 02:44 PM
I believe setting CPC duration to 1 will solve this.

burris
08-31-2009, 03:42 PM
I believe setting CPC duration to 1 will solve this.

I just reset it to 1 and it seems to have solved the problem.
If I decide to turn on provisioning again, I'll have to remember to put in a ticket to have support hard code it for me..

Thanks for your help..