PDA

View Full Version : Dual Line Cordless Phone Suggestions

adrman
12-23-2008, 09:59 AM
The current 5.8Ghz Uniden I have is getting a bit long in the tooth, not to mention it's not playing completely nice with the HT502's mwi signals (the phone's mwi turns on, but not off). I figured that since we now have the cloned line capability, I'd pick up a two line phone system to take advantage of it. Anyone care to make any recommendations? I'd prefer to stay away from 2.4Ghz and obviously would like two handsets, although I don't care about a second charger base. Also, since I'm using Voipo's voicemail, I really don't care about an answering device either. Thanks for any suggestions.

burris
12-23-2008, 11:29 AM
The current 5.8Ghz Uniden I have is getting a bit long in the tooth, not to mention it's not playing completely nice with the HT502's mwi signals (the phone's mwi turns on, but not off). I figured that since we now have the cloned line capability, I'd pick up a two line phone system to take advantage of it. Anyone care to make any recommendations? I'd prefer to stay away from 2.4Ghz and obviously would like two handsets, although I don't care about a second charger base. Also, since I'm using Voipo's voicemail, I really don't care about an answering device either. Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm partial to Uniden and for sure DECT 6.

Frequency will not interfere with other wireless components and the battery life is longer.

orum
01-10-2009, 08:39 PM

I don't have my VOIPo number yet, but I just picked up a Uniden TRU9466. I currently have the similar model that is single line and an answering machine. I can use all my existing handsets and when I register them to the new base, they will all be 2 line handsets.

Also, it doesn't have voicemail. Hopefully, I won't have mwi issues.

Dan

usa2k
01-11-2009, 04:21 AM
I don't have my VOIPo number yet, but I just picked up a Uniden TRU9466. I currently have the similar model that is single line and an answering machine. I can use all my existing handsets and when I register them to the new base, they will all be 2 line handsets.

Dan My past experience with Packet8 with UNIDEN with the answering machine, is it would not turn on the MWI on Packet8 when I had stutter tone active. It worked great on a UNIDEN version without an answering machine. (1-line or 2-line -- I have both)

Looking at my 2-line UNIDEN, the TRU9466 is exactly what I use with the two HT286 from VOIPo connected. It should be good. With the HT286, I find MWI does not shut off right away. It dose shut off, but could be an hour or more. (It used to clear immediately as I bet it will with the HT502.)

Some day, DECT 6.0 2-line is likely a future upgrade for me. I really wish the phone manufacturers can get their act together and design a PBX style DECT system. After all, its more of a network protocol than requiring every phone to be dedicated to X-number of lines. They need to design it for the appearance of a single line phone, with 1/2/4 incoming/outgoing lines available to the base. That office type design approach is more user friendly.

usa2k
01-11-2009, 04:23 AM

Dan My past experience with Packet8 with UNIDEN with the answering machine, is it would not turn on the MWI on Packet8 when I had stutter tone active. It worked great on a UNIDEN version without an answering machine. (1-line or 2-line -- I have both)

Looking at my 2-line UNIDEN, the TRU9466 is exactly what I use with the two HT286 from VOIPo connected. It should be good. With the HT286, I find MWI does not shut off right away. It dose shut off, but could be an hour or more. (It used to clear immediately as I bet it will with the HT502.)

Some day, DECT 6.0 2-line is likely a future upgrade for me. I really wish the phone manufacturers can get their act together and design a PBX style DECT system. After all, its more of a network protocol than requiring every phone to be dedicated to X-number of lines. They need to design it for the appearance of a single line phone, with 1/2/4 incoming/outgoing lines available to the base. That office type design approach is more user friendly.

Hmmm ... they do have some (a very quick look)
http://rexontec.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008800004783/pdtl/PBX/1008742774/Conjunct-Wireless-DECT-PABX-System.htm

usa2k
01-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Good to know!

Some DECT properties: (USA/Europe differences)

Audio codec: G.726 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.726)

Net bit rate: 32 kbit/s

Frequency: 1880 MHz–1900 MHz in Europe, 1920 MHz–1930 MHz in the US

Carriers: 10 (1,728 kHz spacing) in Europe, 5 (1,728 kHz spacing) in the US

Time slots: 2 x 12 (up and down stream)

Channel allocation: dynamic

Average transmission power: 10 mW (250 mW peak) in Europe, 4 mW (100 mW peak) in the US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DECT

adrman
01-11-2009, 10:13 AM
I was also looking at the TRU9466. The mwi on my current Uniden has been working properly for the last week. So I'll keep my fingers crossed. When I put a ticket in on it a couple of weeks back, Tim thought the problem was a firmware issue with the HT502.