Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with failover to phone number?

Default Problem with failover to phone number?

I've had this set up forever. My 10 digit cell number. Worked fine. I'm out of town right now, and was told my neighborhood lost power. I called my home number on my cell and got "to complete calls beyond your local area..." WTF? So I figure maybe voipo changed something with the forwarding so as to now need 11 digits. Unfortunately, when I tried changing the failover number from NNNNNNNNNN to 1NNNNNNNNNN, but when I click on submit, the number disappears from the field (with no error message.)

Default Re: Problem with failover to phone number?

The few times in the past when I called my home number that was down...from my cell..I got non-working or other crazy messages. I don't think it wanted to forward to my cell while I was on it. Not really sure what happened, but it worked every time that I wasn't talking on my cell.

I just tested it and it seems to be fine. No other reports so far.

Were you connected to sip.voipwelcome.com or did were you on the new DC beta setup by chance?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I'm on jupiter, in DC. When did you try to call my number? Our power came back up at 6:08 EST, so if you called after that it would work. Looking at your post, it seems it was 1/2 hour before the power came back. Hmmm...

Well, mystified here. I called my number and it went through. Shut down asterisk and called again, and I get the same BS message Are you sure you're calling the right number? p.s. I don't see how you can be, since if you had, my cellphone would have rung!

I have left asterisk down so you can confirm this is not working...

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    The few times in the past when I called my home number that was down...from my cell..I got non-working or other crazy messages. I don't think it wanted to forward to my cell while I was on it. Not really sure what happened, but it worked every time that I wasn't talking on my cell.
    Same here with calling from my cell. But I have called from my GF's landline with the same issue (and it worked before).

Quote Originally Posted by dswartz View Post
    I'm on jupiter, in DC. When did you try to call my number? Our power came back up at 6:08 EST, so if you called after that it would work. Looking at your post, it seems it was 1/2 hour before the power came back. Hmmm...
    I do not think he is saying he tried to call you. I am pretty sure he tested with his own or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    I do not think he is saying he tried to call you. I am pretty sure he tested with his own or something like that.
    Why don't we let tim tell us, rather than guess?

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    I just tested it and it seems to be fine. No other reports so far.

Were you connected to sip.voipwelcome.com or did were you on the new DC beta setup by chance?
    Rereading this, I am confused. I thought the server we were on was based on who we registered with, no? If so, this is irrelevant, since the whole point here is that my server was down, so I wasn't registered with anyone