Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calls drop at exactly 29.5 minutes using provided ATA

Default Calls drop at exactly 29.5 minutes using provided ATA

There is already a thread about this in the BYOD but since this is not a problem that has anything to do with BYOD (and I wonder if the staff even read that section ) I thought I would start a thread here.

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?p=7904#post7904
    Is the original thread on the problem. I have a trouble ticket submitted and I am waiting for a reply.

This like several other calls was made using X-Lite while I was waiting on my ATA to be shipped to me.
    13:08 90. 0.000
    There were several calls made longer than 30 minutes.

Now yesterday I received the provided ATA so I turned off X-Lite and installed the ATA. Since then if I make a call and it gets to 29.5 minutes the call will drop with a fast busy.
    Examples
    13:15 29.5 0.000
    12:44 29.5 0.000

I would be interested in hearing if anyone else using the provided hardware is having this problem and if anyone knows how to fix it.

Thanks,

Default Re: Calls drop at exactly 29.5 minutes using provided ATA

Does your ATA have the correct firmware version? IIRC, some of the ATAs were getting a newer version of firmware than is currently supported by Voipo.

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    Does your ATA have the correct firmware version? IIRC, some of the ATAs were getting a newer version of firmware than is currently supported by Voipo.
    You bet....the upgraded software that mine had caused me many problems.

1.0.1.8 seems to be the version that works for me without a flaw..

It has the version that came on it. Software Version: Program-- 1.0.1.8

I was wondering. This would be a GREAT FEATURE for mother-in-laws who call a lot. Less than 30 minutes later and you know the agony is over. And we can blame Tim and VoipO for it!!! Tim; let me know if this costs extra!!!!! Mike.....
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    I was wondering. This would be a GREAT FEATURE for mother-in-laws who call a lot. Less than 30 minutes later and you know the agony is over. And we can blame Tim and VoipO for it!!! Tim; let me know if this costs extra!!!!! Mike.....
    LOL your mother -in-law must not be as bad as mine. If I blame Tim she would hunt him down.

I am being sent another ATA for the noise issue I discussed in another thread. We will see if that resolves this issue for me too. I would be interested in knowing if anyone else using the provided ATA has this disconnect problem.

Yes, this happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It hasn't happened since, but I haven't made any more calls that were longer than 29 minutes.

I just tried it last night without an problems past the 30 minute mark. I am also running 1.0.1.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Vumes View Post
    I just tried it last night without an problems past the 30 minute mark. I am also running 1.0.1.8.
    Good to hear

When it comes in I am just going to dial my other phone and leave it off the hook for about 45 minutes and then check and see if it dropped it.

Exactly what I did. Dialed from one phone to the other, put them both on mute, and put them down on my desk until around the 37 minute mark.