Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fax users: happy with service?

Default Fax users: happy with service?

I'd really like to dump my eFax number and go with Voipo's offering. I rarely send, but do receive a fair number of faxes (approx 100 pgs/month).

Are folks generally happy with the level of service on fax accounts? Any problems with delivery?

Feedback appreciated!

Default Re: Fax users: happy with service?

Each department at HostGator uses it (no special setup, just service as is) and gets a ton of faxes. No complaints there so far.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

VOIPoDanielC Guest

This might be a "late" reply, but I too have used the DIDs and services for this with iaxmodem and hylafax. Haven't really had a problem.

I went ahead and signed up last month...the funny part is, my number of faxes received has really dropped off. So it hasn't seen a great deal of use, but has worked fine for the faxes that I have received.

aside: eFax didn't want me to go...they gave me 2 free months when I told 'em I was leaving for voipo.

I just used it again for the first time in months, 5 page fax no problem.
    I think my Brother MFC7820 works fine on the VOIPO line too.

I don't get loads of faxes but am quite happy with my #888 fax number and the reception, I would say not a problem there.

If VOIPo would add FAX OUT it would be worth it. Fax out on RingCentral is very easy, email to NNNNNNNNN@rcfax.com with attachments that you want to fax (PDF, TIFF, WORD, TEXT) and it converts it to a fax and sends it. Send you a copy if you want one, or just a record slip. VOIPo should offer this to VOIPo & Hostgator customers. Do you know how many small business owner's don't want the added cost of a fax anymore? But still need one for occasional faxing.

I am curious how you guys fax securely. Anything incoming fax is secure to voipo, then when converted to email all security is lost. When sending faxes, you are emailing insecurely, then it transmits over the wire securely after it's converted.

at lease with traditional fax, the only way someone can see anything is physically pluggin into the phone network somewhere.

We use fax as a secure transmission when email is not an option.

Just curious if you give up that security or just don't care.

If VOIPo would add FAX OUT it would be worth it.
    It's been added.

I was with microfax for a couple of years before they were bought out by fax.com. Then I became a fax.com customer. When I switched to voipo they offered me a couple of months free with efax.

Faxes come through fine. Very satisfied here.

Regarding security, I've not given it much thought. Although I receive important documents, they are not particularly sensitive.

One thing to keep in mind is that our fax service is 100% TDM based which means it uses the traditional phone network and not our VoIP network.

VoIP and faxing just don't play well together since VoIP was designed for voice only so by making it TDM based, it's stable and consistently relaible vs only being stable in ideal network conditions.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook