Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: jupiter is hosed?

Default jupiter is hosed?

Inbound not working since last evening sometime (maybe 9:30 or so). Restarted asterisk, no joy. No devices showing as registered in vpanel. Switched back to sip and all is well.

Default Re: jupiter is hosed?

Services are up and functional - there has been no outages reported by our monitoring software.
    Are you sure this was not Asterik, ISP or Firewall related on your side?

To confirm this on your side: a simple "telnet jupiter.voipwelcome.com 5060" will help you determine if the service is up or down.

Well, everything else was working. Even a restart of the daemon didn't help. Registered with sip and it worked. I just tried re-registering with jupiter and now it works

Quote Originally Posted by dswartz View Post
    Well, everything else was working. Even a restart of the daemon didn't help. Registered with sip and it worked. I just tried re-registering with jupiter and now it works
    No problem. In the future - if you suspect the service to be down, try connecting with a raw telnet to confirm. This will help you determine if it's the service or Asterik itself.

Hmmm, not as simple as that, I'm afraid. I run smokeping to monitor various servers (including yours), and during the problematic time, there was no indication of jupiter being down, which would seem to exonerate a firewall or ISP issue. If this happens again, I will run some more thorough tests...

Quote Originally Posted by dswartz View Post
    Inbound not working since last evening sometime (maybe 9:30 or so). Restarted asterisk, no joy. No devices showing as registered in vpanel. Switched back to sip and all is well.
    Maybe it was just me hoarding resources with my * based account? ;-) I was using jupiter from 10:40 for more than 35 minutes [Yeah, no more time-outs]. Inbound was working fine before and after that time range for me.

Hmmm, interesting. I was poking through my logs, and I see a flurry of registration failures up until 10:32 or so, when I switched to sip. I switched back and now it's okay. The suggestion to check via telnet to port 5060 is not really reliable, since that's going to use TCP, and not UDP. Sure it proves jupiter is up and reachable, but says nothing about whether it is not accepting SIP registration requests from me or not.

You don't happen to still have anything set to codeblue do you? I remember seeing someone post their sample * settings that still had a codeblue reference for either host, fromdomain or something. I thought it odd at the time and then saw comments last night about it causing registration problems.

Aha, yes, in fact fromdomain is still codeblue! I don't remember being told to change that, but being BYOD, that's not surprising. I had changed the host and registration guys. Should it be the same name (e.g. sip or jupiter or whatever?)

Well, that isn't the answer I changed fromdomain from codeblue to jupiter (.voipwelcome.com) and now it won't register. Voipo guys? What should fromdomain be?