Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Device Firmware Rolled Out

Within the next few hours, we will be pushing out a new device firmware update to all VOIPo customers.

This upgrade is automatic for users with devices connected in our recommended configuration.

General Information

Firmware is basically just the software built into the device that it runs on.

This new version primarily fixes a number of bugs with the device and should ultimately lead to more stable service.

It should also significantly improve call quality for users with some network setups.

Upgrade Process

This upgrade is automatic for users with devices connected in our recommended configuration.

If you use your device behind a router only (not recommended), you must manually reboot the adapter so that it gets upgraded as well.

When you reboot, it should start the upgrade within 1 minute. When your device is upgrading, both the WAN and LAN lights will be blinking simultaneously during the upgrade. Once it's done, it'll automatically reboot again and should be up and running. The entire process should take less than 5 minutes.

Problems

In 99% of cases, the device should handle this automatically and reboot after the upgrade finishes (when the lights stop blinking). If it does not and you cannot make calls after waiting 10 minutes, please reboot it manually.

If you need additional assistance, please contact support@voipo.com.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 01-22-2009 at 05:56 PM.

Default Re: New Device Firmware Rolled Out

Tim....

If you would be so kind as to tell the some of us who may need to re-boot manually, after you've made the push, I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    Tim....

If you would be so kind as to tell the some of us who may need to re-boot manually, after you've made the push, I'm sure it will be appreciated.
    For those rebooting manually, you can do it whenever you're ready.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

To be sure...

Should the firmware server path still read..

firmware.voipo.com/handytone-502

and the firmware file prefix read 1.0.1.8/

To be sure...

Should the firmware server path still read..

firmware.voipo.com/handytone-502

and the firmware file prefix read 1.0.1.8/
    Right. When you reboot, it'll bump it up to 1.0.1.21.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Does the config server path need to be populated as well or are you going from the MAC? Mine hasn't moved up yet.

Is this the very same firmware update that appears on the Grandstream site and if it doesn't come down from your switch, would it be ok to download it from them?

Does the config server path need to be populated as well or are you going from the MAC? Mine hasn't moved up yet.

Is this the very same firmware update that appears on the Grandstream site and if it doesn't come down from your switch, would it be ok to download it from them?
    If you don't have the config server path in there, provisioning isn't enabled on your account. You could use that firmware, yes. It's the same. If you want to go the provisioning route, the best thing to do is call in for that. Either should be fine.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

I'm typically behind the router. I turned off the unit, rebooted and am still at the .8 level. I them moved the ATA in front of the router for a good 10 - 15 minutes, waited (never saw L1 L2 lights solid) and then rebooted. Still on .8

Went to Grandstream site and D/L'd firmware but cannot find where to upload via the GS Web Interface unless it is under the Advanced settings for which I'm locked out.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrose View Post
    I'm typically behind the router. I turned off the unit, rebooted and am still at the .8 level. I them moved the ATA in front of the router for a good 10 - 15 minutes, waited (never saw L1 L2 lights solid) and then rebooted. Still on .8

Went to Grandstream site and D/L'd firmware but cannot find where to upload via the GS Web Interface unless it is under the Advanced settings for which I'm locked out.
    Try now. It was being set up in batches. All are ready now.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Right. When you reboot, it'll bump it up to 1.0.1.21.
    Did it, and all is working well. It now says 1.0.1.21.