Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Registration Drop Testing - Round II

Default Re: Registration Drop Testing - Round II

Well that was one hell of a few hours. Finally got the linksys back up and running. I must have changed too many things around. Anyway; between stun and proxy servers, I've got it where it will call out and receive calls on my primary line. I took out the beta line for now. The grandstream I believe is toast. It reboots fine, cycles, finishes with the 2 green lights. After doing a "RESET" I checked the router for the new IP address. But for the life of me, I can't access the damn thing. Oh well. I've got the linksys working and have a home phone working again. I may pull out the old grandstream 286 or another linksys tomorrow and do some more experimenting. But tonight, I'm leaving the grandstream disconnected so in case it decides to get a mind of it's own, it won't interfere with the linksys.

Oh the joy of technology. I feel like "Kip" "Iiiii Love Technology". LOL!!!!!
    mikey
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Tim & All,

Pleasantly surprised this morning when I discovered my HT502 was still registered. Here's what I did yesterday:

1. Disabled remote provisioning
    2. Set Automatic Upgrade to 'No'
    3. Enabled 'Always Skip the Firmware Check'

BTW, Both ports have Stun disabled and Register Expiration set to 60.
    ATA is behind my router and in DMZ. No ports forwarded.
    From my router's log, I can see that the HT502 did not reboot during the night.

Ken
    Enjoy life, it's not a dress rehearsal.

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    But for the life of me, I can't access the damn thing.
    Keep in mind: *** then 02 should tell you the IP address of the HT ...
    Keep in mind: *** then 99 then 9 should Soft Reboot the HT ...

BTW, I like that vPanel shows the software revision under devices.
    Last edited by usa2k; 02-04-2009 at 06:49 AM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

My router is telling me what the IP address is. It tells me the IP address of every device I have connected. But the browser just sits there forever trying to connect to it. If it was a bad address, it would have come back quickly and said so. I'll experiment with it tonight on a standalone PC and see if I can get to it through the LAN side by connecting a PC to it and letting the grandstream give the PC an IP address through it's router. I think the adapter is bricked, but I'll give it another try tonight. mike....
    Mike

I missed this last night, and was going to give it a whirl this morning...but...I stayed registered overnight. So I'm leaving well enough alone for now.

PS - Sorry to hear that your adapter may have bricked, Mike.

My router is telling me what the IP address is. It tells me the IP address of every device I have connected. But the browser just sits there forever trying to connect to it. If it was a bad address, it would have come back quickly and said so. I'll experiment with it tonight on a standalone PC and see if I can get to it through the LAN side by connecting a PC to it and letting the grandstream give the PC an IP address through it's router. I think the adapter is bricked, but I'll give it another try tonight. mike....
    I had this same experience last week. I finally had to do a hard reset to factory defaults to fix it. I remember having to do it a couple of times and depressing the reset pin for quite a long time.

Ken
    Enjoy life, it's not a dress rehearsal.

I did not put in Tim's changes last night. I was still provisioned. This morning I noticed that the vPanel was showing I was not registered (first time since last week). But my adapter is saying I am registered on both lines. I was able to make outgoing calls. When I check my router's NAT table, the entries for 5062 and 5079 were absent. This leads to believe that the adapter is not sending the "Keep Alive" messages to the SIP server every 20 seconds like its supposed to. I rebooted the adapter and I am registered now.

I thought I would report the findings and see if its helpful to the VOIPo folks

Mike, IIRC, with the default configuration, telnet is enabled. You might wanna try that
    Cheers,
    -v
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!
    3. Scheduled sim. ring with a twist (see wish #1)

Yea; I'm probably going to do a HARD Factory reset on it when I get home tonight. It that doesn't work, I'll try telnet. I've rebooted my adapter remotely a number of times that way. Last night after the grandstream just wouldn't register or reprovision; I decided to spend time getting service back using one of my linksys. I'll have more time to play tonight. later... mike...
    Mike

Hey Vox; thanks for the suggestions. Definitely had to go in through the lan side and turn the WAN telnet side back on. Been working with Justin (voipo) trying to figure it out. Also had to MANUALLY change the provisioning server because factory default wants to go back to grandstream's server. Anyway; we did that, let it reboot and provision a couple of times, stir twice, and served over iCE. YUMMY!!! We also did a lot of experimenting for the next person. But things are definitely stable now. I put my linksys back on the jupiter server with my beta lines. Rule 485; If I'm going to experiment, that's why I have a BETA line. Unfortunately; this was an issue with the grandstreams so I needed to use my main line to experiment with. Anyway; thanks all. ESPECIALLY VoipOJustin And TIM. later... mike....

P.S. I'm glad to get the grandstream working again. This way my 2 antique phones; 1957 payphone and 1910 country junction phone can dial out on rotary. No other adapter seems to allow this. cool!!!!
    Last edited by christcorp; 02-04-2009 at 07:37 PM.
    Mike