Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registration Drop Testing - Round II

Default Registration Drop Testing - Round II

Anyone here want to help test something new with this overnight?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Registration Drop Testing - Round II

For anyone wanting to help us test along side with the testing we're doing internally...

----
    1) Login to ATA with admin password. Current: Ajw5q1FexW8u8XuL

2) Disable provisioning temporarily by removing the Config Server Path under Advanced Settings.

3) Under FSX Port 1, change Register Expiration to 1. Click Update at bottom.

4) Under FSX Port 2, change Register Expiration to 1. Click Update at bottom.

5) Reboot.

After Testing/Reverting to Normal:

If you need to revert to normal, just re-enable provisioning by changing Config Server Path back to provision.dev.voipo.com and rebooting. It should reconfigure as it was before.
    ----

Please report anything you notice in the thread.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

BTW, this essentially makes your device re-register every minute.

I don't think this is a good long-term solution, but right now would be fine hardware/load wise and would at least stabilize things for those of you having issues, so if it works in testing, we're going to do it for the time being until we fully resolve this.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 02-03-2009 at 08:44 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

WOW!!! Mind is now totally screwed up. To the point where I might have to fire up my linksys to get service back. Here's the deal. Went in, turned of provisioning. Saved; changed registration to 1 minute, saved, rebooted. Finishes rebooting. Log back in. BOTH PORTS SHOW UNREGISTERED!!!

I can't call out. BUT, I CAN call in. Hmmmm. I then decide to turn OFF Port 2 and just work with port 1. Save, reboot, again it won't register. Outgoing dead, incoming OK. So, I notice that there's a couple of differences to port 1 compared to port 2. E.g. Port 2 has an outbound proxy; sip.voipwelcome.com; port 1 doesn't. So I put the outbound proxy to port 1. Save, reboot, again no registration. I decide; hell with it. I RE-PROVISION the adapter; KNOWING THAT AFTER REBOOT the voipo server will reconfigure it. BEEP!!!! Wrong answer. Save/reboot and port 2 is still off; outbound proxy is the way I set it, all the changes I made are still made. Hmmmm. OK; I'll MANUALLY put everything back the way it was originally. Then save/reboot. (I always write down all settings). Rebooted; guess what? Still no registration on either port. Port 1 can RECEIVE calls but can't call out. Port 2 gets dial tone but doesn't receive calls and can't call out. I am going to pull the plug on it for a minute and re-power it 1 last time. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try one of my linksys. later.... mike....

P.S. FWIW; my Beta line on my other linksys is working fine. Rebooted numerous times. Call in and out are fine.
    Last edited by christcorp; 02-03-2009 at 09:47 PM.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Have you tried a Factory Reset followed by entering the voipo provisioning config server path?

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    WOW!!! Mind is now totally screwed up. To the point where I might have to fire up my linksys to get service back. Here's the deal. Went in, turned of provisioning. Saved; changed registration to 1 minute, saved, rebooted. Finishes rebooting. Log back in. BOTH PORTS SHOW UNREGISTERED!!!

I can't call out. BUT, I CAN call in. Hmmmm. I then decide to turn OFF Port 2 and just work with port 1. Save, reboot, again it won't register. Outgoing dead, incoming OK. So, I notice that there's a couple of differences to port 1 compared to port 2. E.g. Port 2 has an outbound proxy; sip.voipwelcome.com; port 1 doesn't. So I put the outbound proxy to port 1. Save, reboot, again no registration. I decide; hell with it. I RE-PROVISION the adapter; KNOWING THAT AFTER REBOOT the voipo server will reconfigure it. BEEP!!!! Wrong answer. Save/reboot and port 2 is still off; outbound proxy is the way I set it, all the changes I made are still made. Hmmmm. OK; I'll MANUALLY put everything back the way it was originally. Then save/reboot. (I always write down all settings). Rebooted; guess what? Still no registration on either port. Port 1 can RECEIVE calls but can't call out. Port 2 gets dial tone but doesn't receive calls and can't call out. I am going to pull the plug on it for a minute and re-power it 1 last time. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try one of my linksys. later.... mike....

P.S. FWIW; my Beta line on my other linksys is working fine. Rebooted numerous times. Call in and out are fine.

Now you see what we've been dealing with in testing. The HT502's we have in the office have gotten a little more interesting since the last firmware update (even if you downgrade them).
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Yes I am seeing some differences between FXS1 and FXS2 setting. I know this ATA was freshly provisioned as the password changed on me.

Outbound proxy, SIP Registration, Unregister On Reboot are different.

Christcorp - I see a bunch of Linksys registrations for you now. Try enabling the Unregister on Reboot option and it'll clear them all out.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

I'm trying to get my Beta line back up. I have everything normal, but it's all hosed. I can call out on the beta line (Linksys), but when I call into it, it rings but not connect; then fast busy after a couple seconds. On the grandstream, I can call out but it won't register at all. Even set at 1 minute. The beta is on jupiter and grandstream is on sip.voipwelcome.com mike...
    Mike

This is nuts. My linksys, on the beta line, can call out but if I call in, it rings but when I answer it I get no audio for about 5 seconds then a fast busy. It's on jupiter.

My main line on the grandstream, is now totally fubar. I couldn't get it to register or reprovision or anything. So I did a reset on the grandstream and now I can't log into it. Matter I fact I can't even hit it. Web browser just sits there. (Yes, I looked at my router to see what the new IP address is). Totally weird. Hope the grandstream isn't toast. I guess I'll try more with the linksys. At least I can call out on that. Now if I could get the incoming to work. mike....
    Mike