Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: vPanel Feedback/Suggestions

Default Ot: *30

Quote Originally Posted by ksarpong View Post
    Block Caller ID (All Calls) should be included under Basic Features. *30 does not work on PAP2T.
    Have you tried *67? Because *67 does line blocking on my PAP2T, not per-call blocking (or it appears to).

Default Re: vPanel Feedback/Suggestions

Yes, I've tried *67 per line blocking on PAP2T. It works just fine. However, *30 all call blocking does not work. Anyway, I've put in a ticket to get it looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by ksarpong View Post
    Yes, I've tried *67 per line blocking on PAP2T. It works just fine. However, *30 all call blocking does not work. Anyway, I've put in a ticket to get it looked into.
    Some codes match the ht502 star codes, but not all. We'll soon be releasing the official pap2t star codes. Note the star codes here are specifically for the ht502 and are considered beta still.

Quote Originally Posted by dlangley View Post
    In the call history can we get some call totals? We have a 3000 minute a month soft cap which isnt a big deal but it would be a good thing to be able to see a total for the month and even the day since the list is sorted by date in reverse order.
    +1 on the call totals in the call history.

I signed up (recently) with the intent to go BYOD at some point. But I want to monitor my 14 year old daughter's usage before I take that plunge. I want to see how close we come to 3000. So totals would be nice.

David

Several suggestions (please take them as constructive criticism!) :

1. When you log into the site, you can keep the 'Welcome to vPanel!' but add a robust dashboard. The dashboard should include information such as (up to 5) most recent voicemails left (with name, number, time/date, and message duration, and link to listen), a digest of feature status (DND on/off, Forwarding on (& destination)/off, etc. Beneath these, an excerpt from call logs would be nice--such as calls from today, or from this week (perhaps give the option to set that in the vPanel preferences?).

2. Voicemail should have its own tab. If you're concerned about real estate, consider moving Contacts into the Features section. If Voicemail has its own tab, the text of the tab should indicate how many new messages are in the inbox. The sub-menus for the Voicemail tab would be Messages and Settings--I agree with the earlier post that it makes sense to put the settings on a separate page from the messages.

3. There should be obvious links to the support and billing websites, perhaps a help tab? If no new tab, perhaps one of the sub-menus under Preferences? Auto-login to the other sites would be superb, but I understand that's not in the plans for this iteration of your billing software.

4. Please, PLease, PLEASE!!! Replace most of your dropdown boxes with either radio buttons or checkboxes. Dropdown boxes are best used when there are numerous (say, 4 or more) options to choose from. For 3 options, radio buttons are nice, for 2 options (on/off, enabled/disabled), both checkboxes and radio buttons work well. Radio buttons and checkboxes are easier to navigate than dropdown boxes and should be used when possible.

5. DOCUMENTATION! (Sorry to yell--it just came out, and I couldn't stop it. ) You really need to explain what each feature is, how it will affect phone service, etc. Your telemarketer block feature is a neat concept, but it's not explained at all (aside from possibly in the alpha forums, which doesn't do new users much good). Call Routes make good sense to VoIP nerds like all of your beta testers (myself included), but to the average new user, it's not clear just what they do or how powerful they can be.

6. Contacts! I've ranted about your entry system for contacts in the Alpha forums, and I still don't like it. Just use a simple form that has last name, first name, nickname (displayed on CID unit), and room for 6 phone numbers. Whether you pre-label those numbers (home, work, mobile, fax, pager, other) or allow free-form labels to be entered by customers (as you do now) is up to you. If you want to allow more than 6 numbers per Contact entry, give the user the option to increase fields (similar to creating an IVR or designating outbound trunks in FreePBX).

7. I'll echo the previous posts (whether in this thread or others) about accessibility and colorblindness. I'm not colorblind, but if you're going to toggle items green/red for active/inactive, why not add the word next to it, as you did for SMS controls?

When I think of more, I'll be back. (I haven't decided if that's a threat or a promise.)

I thought of another suggestion. Not on vPanel, but in the ticket submission process.

After entering either a new ticket or replying to an existing one, the user sees "post reply" above the entry form and "submit", below. I found this confusing and, initially, kept clicking on "post reply", which was incorrect.

Edit: Definitely integrate all three sites: Billing & Support, Forum, & vPanel.
    Last edited by KenH; 02-13-2009 at 10:04 AM.
    Enjoy life, it's not a dress rehearsal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Teleblock page for example all it says is submit for inclusion. Put your number in and it does not do anything as far as I can tell. I mean your number does not show up under it and there is no way to remove it. No directions at all for it.
    As it stands, the Teleblock feature is inscrutable. I suggest removing this feature, or else explaining it clearly.

The feature I really need is a personal list of incoming numbers to block that I can edit (and SEE).

Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    As it stands, the Teleblock feature is inscrutable. I suggest removing this feature, or else explaining it clearly.

The feature I really need is a personal list of incoming numbers to block that I can edit (and SEE).
    You can block numbers for your account under Features - Call Routes.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I would agree with previous posts about the contacts. It is pretty confusing and took me some trial and error to get right. Also, the first time I go into call routes, the default "group" is selected. But, no option is available for doing something with "group" until you select something else from the drop down like "contact" and then go back to group. After that, you can see your groups and select one.

I'll echo the other requests for Voicemail to be in it's own tab. Why not move E911 under features,as this is a "set it once" kinda deal, and put Voicemail there?