Thread: Block Private Calls feature?

Default Block Private Calls feature?

couple of questions regarding the 'Block Private Calls' feature:

1. Does it reliably works?
    2. If I have 'Block Private Calls' enabled in the CP, does the entry show up in the CP call log (as 'restricted')?
    3. If I have 'Block Private Calls' enabled in the CP, what would the caller hear?

Cheers,
    -v
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!
    3. Scheduled sim. ring with a twist (see wish #1)

Default Re: Block Private Calls feature?

Quote Originally Posted by voxabox View Post
    couple of questions regarding the 'Block Private Calls' feature:

1. Does it reliably works?
    2. If I have 'Block Private Calls' enabled in the CP, does the entry show up in the CP call log (as 'restricted')?
    3. If I have 'Block Private Calls' enabled in the CP, what would the caller hear?

Cheers,
    -v
    Answer to # 1
    Yes

Answer to #2

yes, Restricted

Answer to #3
    "The person you have called is not currently accepting calls from private numbers"

But it sounds really garbled and like a robot. The end sounds like pri numbers instead of private numbers. It sounds really bad and lame.

Tim has stated that they are going to change it to something more professional at some time in the future. But for now, it is kind of embarassing if someone you really know gets the message.