Thread: Ubiquiti Unifi Talk setup?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Ubiquiti Unifi Talk setup?

I am setting up Ubiquiti Network and Protect hardware in my home. They also offer a VOIP phone system that integrates into the network that I would like to try.

Of course they want you to sign up for their VOIP service but they also state: "UniFi Talk also supports 3rd party SIP providers which our more advanced customers can set up through the setting menu."

Has anyone setup UniFi Talk with Voipo? How did you do it?

Default Re: Ubiquiti Unifi Talk setup?

Well I went ahead and ordered the UniFi Talk Phone Touch Max. It arrives in a couple days. If anyone has any hints/suggestions as to setting it up with VOIPo I'd appreciate any help. If/when I get it working I'll post here.

Question Re: Ubiquiti Unifi Talk setup?

I received my phone and got outgoing calls working after just a few tries. I am unable to receive incoming calls. Unifi Talk uses their version of Freeswitch for software.

Using my sip credentials I set up the following fields in UniFi Talk:

proxy - sip.voipwelcome.com
    password - ••••••••
    register - true
    username - MyPhoneNumber

I checked "Handle all outgoing calls by default."

I entered my phone number in the DID numbers section.

With the above setting outgoing calls work.

According to VPanel I need to use: siphoneNumber@incoming.voipwelcome.com for incoming calls. I have no idea how to create a field for this?

Help!

There is also a section to: "Specify ACL IP addresses" I have no idea what IPs from VOIPo to enter. I'm supposed to enter signaling IPs and Media Subnets?

No experience whatsover for configuring these devices.
    https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/article...cation#add-sip

Have you checked out this YouTube configuration video for Unifi Talk? A different device, but it might help.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSbJ2FBF1MA

The SIP proxy server should be handling both incoming and outgoing as long as you are registered to the server. I noticed in the video he was using the IP address of the proxy server instead of the DNS name for most of the field entries. sip.voipwelcome.com = 209.212.145.160

See what happens when you use this IP address in the fields (proxy, ACL IP, etc.)

Good luck!

Exclamation Re: Ubiquiti Unifi Talk setup?

Thank you for your reply tritch. I already found the article and Youtube video you linked. I used them both in figuring out how to get outgoing calls working.

I added the IP address you referenced into the ACL IP settings but still no incoming calls.

My UniFi phone is listed in the VOIPo VPanel under connected devices but it shows: Received:N/A

I tried to add a picture of my UniFi control panel but this forum won't allow me to add any images

Since it shows connected in vPanel, it appears to be registering to the server. Although, it's not seeing your public IP/SIP port under “Received:”. This could be a cause of concern.

Normally, it should be like this:

Username: your DID
    Received: sip: your public IP: your public SIP port
    Contact: sip: your DID @ your local device IP: your local SIP port
    Expires: registration expiration time
    User agent: your connected device

There’s a number of reasons for incoming call failures. For starters, it could be a firewall/NAT issue with your router that’s blocking the SIP or RTP traffic from getting to your device. First, make sure the SIP ALG feature is disabled in your router if available. Re-check incoming calls again. Second, temporarily put the local IP of this device in the router’s DMZ. Re-check incoming calls again. If the incoming calls start to work, then your router’s firewall is blocking incoming SIP traffic. If the incoming calls still fail, then you can likely rule out the router. Don’t forget to remove the device from the DMZ after troubleshooting.

Your device appears to lack the settings as a normal SIP device like an ATA or SIP phone. There are a number of settings just to make sure it’s working correctly. Can you configure the SIP port, RTP ports, SIP register time, NAT keep alive packets, etc.? Is your device re-registering with the server before expiration? Lots and lots of unknowns.

Edit: I see you posted your issue in DSLreports Voip forum. Hopefully, someone there has experience in setting up this device.
    Last edited by tritch; 11-15-2021 at 01:12 PM.

I wrote a fairly long reply but received a notice that it won't be posted until a moderator approves it. Not sure if there are any moderators here?

Thumbs up Re: Ubiquiti Unifi Talk setup?

For anyone that is interested I have my Ubiquity UniFi Talk phone working with VOIPo. Incoming and outgoing calls work great. This forum won't let me post anything beyond plain text. You can read how I did it on DSLreports. I'd appreciate any suggestions for my setup.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r33258719-

After much experimentation I finally think I have found a stable setup with my Ubiquiti phones. I've posted my setup on DSL Reports.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r33...alk-with-Voipo