Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha Feature: API Access

Default Re: Alpha Feature: API Access

Quote Originally Posted by CrownSeven View Post
    I'm just getting started with iPhone development myself. Would there be any interest in creating an iPhone app that would interact with the existing services/future web services to allow you to control these settings quickly and easily through your iPhone?

Since I'd be using this as a learning exercise for myself, I'd be happy to put it up in the App Store as a free app.

And I agree with Xponder, a confirmation message for each service if it was successful would be nice.
    I have a fully working C# console application I made that will let the user control all of the features available when I finish. It takes the users phone number and password and goes from there. So far its fully working for DND and all its related options. Just have to finish coding the other commands. It would be great if it returned "Success!" so I do not have to code that too.
    It does already tell you if your username/pass are incorrect which is nice.

It has been fun creating it and I have really enjoyed it.

Will have to think of more ideas for the API when I finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    I have a fully working C# console application I made that will let the user control all of the features available when I finish. It takes the users phone number and password and goes from there. So far its fully working for DND and all its related options. Just have to finish coding the other commands. It would be great if it returned "Success!" so I do not have to code that too.
    It does already tell you if your username/pass are incorrect which is nice.

It has been fun creating it and I have really enjoyed it.

Will have to think of more ideas for the API when I finish it.
    Nice. And of course I've got my iPhone app doing the same thing now so :P:P

Although I can tell you, as a current C# man, iPhone is a pain.

When you're done polishing it up, I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimDog View Post
    I could see several uses for Voicemail:
    • Enable/disable
    • Return number of unread messages
    • Return message details (Message ID, Caller Name & Number, Date/Time, Duration, etc.)
    • File/delete messages using Message ID above

I would think the first two are pretty basic and the last two a little more complicated. I could see this tying into something cool like a Firefox voice mail plug in or something along those lines...
    I would also add my support for Voicemail commands via API. Is there any way Voicemail queries for sub-voicemail boxes (e.g. for virtual numbers) could be supported?

I'd be interested in seeing a mechanism for manipulating the Contacts database for a user account, as well. Add/delete/display/rename? Import and export would be cool, too, but that could probably be done via the add and display commands on the client side...

Return message details (Message ID, Caller Name & Number, Date/Time, Duration, etc.)
    AKA Message Envelope

This is missing now when you dial in. Email includes it though.
    It would be great if all features were available with each access method.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

New suggestion. Currently if you enter a invalid command it says "Your not authorized to do this". How about making it say "Invalid command!".

Finished work on the .net console program I made in C# to use the API. It uses all currently available API commands.
    Do Not Disturb (DND)
    vmail, busy, off, status

Failover
    10DigitNumber, vmail

Call Forwarding
    10DigitNumber, off

If anyone wants to try it you can download it here.

This requires .net to be installed. You will need to login your Vpanel, go to the beta tab, and set your API password to something you can remember.

Current version is 1.0 I updated it so it had a icon besides the default and edited dnd status to make it display cleaner.

Until I get VOIPo to add a response on a success it will just go back to the main menu if its successful. If there is a error the error will display example (Invalid Username/Password ) indicates your phone number or password is incorrect (type logout and try again). If you get this error make sure you set your Beta API password in Vpanel.

Any questions send me a private message on the forums.

For legal reasons I am adding the disclosure that if you use this program you do so at your own risk.

UPDATE- uploaded new version with a debug option (the debug command toggles on/off). If you use the command debug it will show you what it is going to send the server before you send it (so you can see if your phone number, password, ect are correct).

Have not had any complaints so far but I would like to go ahead and ask that if you have a problem with this program or a question about it that you do not contact support. Just send me a private message.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Xponder1; 06-15-2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Updated release 1.0

Very cool!

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    Very cool!
    My wife likes it. Takes just a few seconds to do anything in it.

Could add a option to clear message waiting on voicemail.
    Last edited by Xponder1; 06-15-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Suggestion

I thought I would clean this thread up and post the current suggestions all in one post.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkarron View Post
    I feel a basic no answer or a busy call forward are options that would be very useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDog View Post
    I could see several uses for Voicemail:
    • Enable/disable
    • Return number of unread messages
    • Return message details (Message ID, Caller Name & Number, Date/Time, Duration, etc.)
    • File/delete messages using Message ID above

I would think the first two are pretty basic and the last two a little more complicated. I could see this tying into something cool like a Firefox voice mail plug in or something along those lines...
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by ropeguru View Post
    I second this for the VM interaction. Would be great to integrate with my home web page so I can get a quick idea of what my messages are without having to login to the vPanel.
    and
    Could add a option to clear message waiting on voicemail.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbanc View Post
    Now if we could have an api call that would delete all messages from our voicemail (since we *usually* listen to them via email).
    Perhaps also a "last X callers" where X is a number you could send to the api. The data returned should be customer caller ID aware.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    I would also add my support for Voicemail commands via API. Is there any way Voicemail queries for sub-voicemail boxes (e.g. for virtual numbers) could be supported?

I'd be interested in seeing a mechanism for manipulating the Contacts database for a user account, as well. Add/delete/display/rename? Import and export would be cool, too, but that could probably be done via the add and display commands on the client side...
    How about a option for simul ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbanc View Post
    What about a new option for DND called "status" which would report if it was enabled, and if so, which type of DND is enabled. This would be handy for a web page I want to put together for my wife that'll tell her what the status is and give her buttons to enable/disable from her iPhone so she can do so while dealing with our little one.
    This feature was implemented and I think it should be added to the first page
    Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Code:
    http://api.voipo.com/?username=USER&password=PASS&action=dnd&arguments[]=status
    There you go, enjoy!

How about a message that says "Success!" on the API pages if successful for confirmation.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by CrownSeven View Post
    And I agree with Xponder, a confirmation message for each service if it was successful would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    It would be great if all features were available with each access method.
    New suggestion. Currently if you enter a invalid command it says "Your not authorized to do this". How about making it say "Invalid command!".