With my previous VoIP provider, I set up simul ring to call my cell phone, but had my cell phone forward back to my VoIP line after four or five rings. That way I didn't use voicemail on my cell phone; all messages went to my VoIP voicemail, and I could give people a single number to reach me. Either the system recognized that the incoming call was being forwarded by a simul ring number, so it did not put the call in a loop, or the cell phone rang for a long enough period of time to allow the VoIP voicemail to pick up. In any event, the system worked, giving me both simultaneous ring and a single voicemail box.

I am not getting this behavior with VOIPo simul ring. The call seems to go in a loop. The phone rings indefinitely, and on my call logs I can see numerous simultaneous calls between my cell phone and my VOIPo phone. It occurs to me that perhaps the call is being continued on the cloned line even after the first line picks up or goes to voicemail.

I read in one of the posts that simul ring is supposed to recognize when a call is coming in from (or through?) a simul ring number, so that the call is not put in a loop. Is the behavior on my line normal for VOIPo, or should I put in a ticket?