View Poll Results: What do you think I should do?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give up, use the PAP and deal with it.

4 50.00%
  • Try another VOIP gateway/Soft-PBX app: (recommendations?)

1 12.50%
  • Keep at it and tell me when you've got the bugs worked out w/Asterisk.

2 25.00%
  • I did it and here's how! (info?)

1 12.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asterisk help

Default Re: Asterisk help

Here's something interesting. I looked in my vPanel to see what it was saying about registered devices. It shows: sip: (VOIPo phone number)@192.168.0.14

Shouldn't that be my WAN IP address? Is there anything in Asterisk I can use to adjust that so that it shows my IP? What are the ramifications of it using the .14 address (That is the IP of the trixbox server on my local network.
    Last edited by firestorm_v1; 06-18-2009 at 07:23 PM.

I can't give you asterisk advice, but as I recall, vPanel gave me an internal IP address when I didn't use STUN, but changed to my WAN IP address when I used STUN. The phone worked in both cases, and I was told this is normal behavior.

oh, sorry, that is something i put in extensions_custom.conf to massage CID and such. you can make it just what others have done instead. i think the internal IP address is suspicious.

Try your BYOD credentials, they're available in vPanel.
    Navigate over to vPanel > Features > Preferences > "Softphone / BYOD".

Toggle your softphone status to On and hit Save. Use the credentials provided.

I see that menu too.
    Did VOIPo change their mind again to continue BYOD?

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by firestorm_v1 View Post
    Here's something interesting. I looked in my vPanel to see what it was saying about registered devices. It shows: sip:2817107009@192.168.0.14

Shouldn't that be my WAN IP address? Is there anything in Asterisk I can use to adjust that so that it shows my IP? What are the ramifications of it using the .14 address (That is the IP of the trixbox server on my local network.
    Vpanel shows my external IP address.

In your sip.conf did you set your externip= or externhost= information? Also, my sip.conf has nat=yes in it. You also need to set the localnet=. If you are using PBX In a flash, trixbox, etc you might need to edit a custom config file since the standard ones get overwritten. I am running AstLinux so it is a basic Asterisk install.

Code:
    externhost=fully qualified domain name of my outside IP
    localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
    externrefresh=300
    nat=yes
    externhost can also be externip=xx.xx.xx.xx if you have a static IP.

Well, I am pleased to announce that the new sip credentials worked great! I was able to call out and receive a call.

The problem now, is that I was only able to receive ONE call. Now, I get the same "The number or code you dialed is invalid..." error on any inbound call. I have a feeling we're so close it's almost painful!

So here's what I have so far:

- I have an inbound route with any CID and any DID forwarded to X-200. (I haven't tried my "Ring All Extensions" yet..)
    - X-200 and the WiFi phone can both call out till the cows come homw. This has remained unchanged.

- My registration string for the trunk is: (phone #): (BYOD password)@sip.voipwelcome.com/(phone #)
    Note: There is no space between my BYOD password and the colon, just if I try to do so here, it shows up as a

My Outgoing Settings:
    disallow=all
    username=(Phone #)
    type=peer
    secret=(BYOD password)
    qualify=yes
    nat=yes
    insecure=port,invite
    host=sip.voipwelcome.com
    fromuser=(Phone #)
    fromdomain=sip.voipwelcome.com
    context=from-sip
    allow=ulaw

My Incoming settings:
    disallow=all
    type=peer
    secret=(BYOD Password)
    qualify=yes
    nat=yes
    insecure=port,invite
    host=sip.voipwelcome.com
    context=from-sip
    allow=ulaw

What am I missing? Do I need to address the issue right now with the device registration from vPanel where it shows (phone #)@Local net IP address

Quote Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
    Vpanel shows my external IP address.

In your sip.conf did you set your externip= or externhost= information? Also, my sip.conf has nat=yes in it. You also need to set the localnet=. If you are using PBX In a flash, trixbox, etc you might need to edit a custom config file since the standard ones get overwritten. I am running AstLinux so it is a basic Asterisk install.

Code:
    externhost=fully qualified domain name of my outside IP
    localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
    externrefresh=300
    nat=yes
    externhost can also be externip=xx.xx.xx.xx if you have a static IP.
    Hello scott2020:

On your items described above, what do I do if the Asterisk server has two local networks? I've got a 192.168 network that's the "main" network and a 10.0 network for the VOIP phones, ATAs, etc..
    Do I need two localnet directives?

Something else I've noticed too:

On the vPanel, when you enable the SIP/BYOD devices and you click SAVE, it changes the password!

Quote Originally Posted by firestorm_v1 View Post
    Hello scott2020:

On your items described above, what do I do if the Asterisk server has two local networks? I've got a 192.168 network that's the "main" network and a 10.0 network for the VOIP phones, ATAs, etc..
    Do I need two localnet directives?
    Hi
    You can put as many localnet= lines in the configuration as you need. Just put them one line at a time with the IP and subnet masks. I do that on my box at work because there are several local networks.
    Scott