Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Device Testing

Default Re: Alternate Device Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    See my posts #54 and 55 in this thread. After the incidents described therein, I switched away (had both ATAs on at the same time so not sure if that was an issue). Currently I only have the production PAP2T in service.
    Support just helped me get mine working again. It was fine for a day. I can now make outgoing calls and receive calls again. Russell I decided to start testing mine because you stopped posting about it. Thought maybe you had yours working
    Last edited by Xponder1; 08-18-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Support just helped me get mine working again. It was fine for a day. I can now make outgoing calls and receive calls again. Russell I decided to start testing mine because you stopped posting about it. Thought maybe you had yours working
    I had mine running when I first got it, but took it down as Tim indicated they weren't ready yet.

Are you testing yours on your main number? Early on, I sort of suggested that maybe Tim would assign a temp DID so that we could test it without the chance of messing up our main line.

Xponder, if you look at #54, you'll probably get an idea of how excited I was that morning. I then left for work. During which time a child at home couldn't receive calls and I didn't get back till late in the evening (see #55). Very upset spouse caused a termination of the experiment :-(. And, shortly thereafter we had visitors (wife's folk) for a week and I didn't want to have a phone system which was not "perfect" and production VOIPo was superb! Another variable: I'd also got a new 2-line phone in the kitchen at about the same time and I needed to confirm the silence on the calls was not due to family ineptly using the phone.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    I had mine running when I first got it, but took it down as Tim indicated they weren't ready yet.

Are you testing yours on your main number? Early on, I sort of suggested that maybe Tim would assign a temp DID so that we could test it without the chance of messing up our main line.
    It's configured to be a replacement for your ATA (main number), I believe.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post

Ya as Russell said its just my main number. I offered to experiment with it because I do not use the phone a lot and I have lots of other phones. I expect downtime. The guy in support apologized for the inconvenience but I told him not to worry about it because I enjoy this stuff and I can not help them fix it if I stick my pap2 back in every time I have a issue.

On a side note I tried leaving my pap2 and this thing connected at the same time but had issues. I think it may be because these are on another test byod server and the pap2 is on central.

Xponder, if you look at #54, you'll probably get an idea of how excited I was that morning. I then left for work. During which time a child at home couldn't receive calls and I didn't get back till late in the evening (see #55). Very upset spouse caused a termination of the experiment :-(. And, shortly thereafter we had visitors (wife's folk) for a week and I didn't want to have a phone system which was not "perfect" and production VOIPo was superb! Another variable: I'd also got a new 2-line phone in the kitchen at about the same time and I needed to confirm the silence on the calls was not due to family ineptly using the phone.
    Ya I had read your posts before. I just assumed since all had been quiet here for awhile that you got yours working. I will continue to report on mine. Still waiting on that list Tim

On a side note I tried leaving my pap2 and this thing connected at the same time but had issues. I think it may be because these are on another test byod server and the pap2 is on central.
    Yes, when I had issues with not being able to answer I had both ATAs connected. The experimental one was feeding the house wiring and the production one was feeding the other two lines of my 4-line phone.
    Russell

Yes, when I had issues with not being able to answer I had both ATAs connected. The experimental one was feeding the house wiring and the production one was feeding the other two lines of my 4-line phone.
    So maybe it would work better if you leave the pap2 disconnected OR maybe support can put your pap2 on the byod server. Just a thought.

So maybe it would work better if you leave the pap2 disconnected OR maybe support can put your pap2 on the byod server. Just a thought.
    But you're allowed to have soft-phones (connected to the byod server) concurrently with the PAP2T. Why is the having the RT31P2 with the PAP2T any different? Anyway, I was waiting on a yea or nay from VOIPo on whether it was allowable.
    Russell

But you're allowed to have soft-phones (connected to the byod server) concurrently with the PAP2T. Why is the having the RT31P2 with the PAP2T any different? Anyway, I was waiting on a yea or nay from VOIPo on whether it was allowable.
    Well I see a couple of problems with it. First they are on two different servers. That could cause issues. Second they are using the same ports. It's now 3:33PMCST and the ATA is still going strong.