Thread: Softphone and IVR

Default Softphone and IVR

I'm configuring a softphone (Zoiper) for our upcoming vacation. I seem to be having an issue interacting with IVR systems. I need to chose one of the following:

DTMF RFC-2833
    DTMF SIP INFO
    DTMF Inband

and, I'm fairly certain I tried all three without success. I'm open to using a different softphone (e.g. X-Lite).

Any kind of feedback would be appreciated.
    Russell

Default Re: Softphone and IVR

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    I'm configuring a softphone (Zoiper) for our upcoming vacation. I seem to be having an issue interacting with IVR systems. I need to chose one of the following:

DTMF RFC-2833
    DTMF SIP INFO
    DTMF Inband

and, I'm fairly certain I tried all three without success. I'm open to using a different softphone (e.g. X-Lite).

Any kind of feedback would be appreciated.
    Russell,
    FWIW, I could not check voice mail (on our answering machine) from aruba via VOIPo on my Nokia E51 (wifi)
    I tried various DTMF settings, and it was no go; however, I did not have any problem calling her folks
    Cheers,
    -v
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!
    3. Scheduled sim. ring with a twist (see wish #1)

Default Re: Softphone and IVR

I know VOIPo recommends that you use http://www.counterpath.com/ Its free and seems to run great with VOIPo service!
    iVoIP Online
    http://www.ivoiponline.net
    877-208-2049