Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Simul Ring Problem

Default Re: Simul Ring Problem

At one point Simul Ring was promoted from Alpha to Beta. However, I think it's back at Alpha again.

Just a quick question, do any of you experiencing problems have destinations that play early media, i.e. a ring back tone (music) etc?

Also if any of you experiencing any issues with simultaneous ring that has some free time today and would like to contribute into looking further into the issues you are experiencing please private message me and let me know a time you will be available, thanks!

In all of our testing here I have been unable to reproduce the current issues described.
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 09-22-2009 at 10:21 AM.

I'm assuming the issue is resolved now -- I am unable to reproduce the problem and no new tickets have came in. Let me know if you are still having any further issues, thanks!
    ________
    BUY EXTREME VAPORIZER
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    I'm assuming the issue is resolved now -- I am unable to reproduce the problem and no new tickets have came in. Let me know if you are still having any further issues, thanks!
    After reading this thread today (at your suggestion) ... after all we went thru these past few days with my VOIPO problems, I am simply amazed that no one (including you Brandon) asked about SimuRing, nor suggested turning it off to address my NO AUDIO problems.

I know you think it was my router, but why didn't you suggest turning off SimuRing first? I'll skip the rest of the details but I think (my opinion) it might have saved us hours and hours of messing about and involuntarily converting me to BYOD.

I would suggest in future that level-1 tech and above always first ask about SimuRing when "no audio" is reported as a problem (or part thereof).

- Don

Quote Originally Posted by deliberate View Post
    After reading this thread today (at your suggestion) ... after all we went thru these past few days with my VOIPO problems, I am simply amazed that no one (including you Brandon) asked about SimuRing, nor suggested turning it off to address my NO AUDIO problems.

I know you think it was my router, but why didn't you suggest turning off SimuRing first? I'll skip the rest of the details but I think (my opinion) it might have saved us hours and hours of messing about and involuntarily converting me to BYOD.

I would suggest in future that level-1 tech and above always first ask about SimuRing when "no audio" is reported as a problem (or part thereof).

- Don
    Agreed, this is generally something we do look into for audio problems, as it is a known issue with certain network scenarios. So we can definitely keep note of this for the time being while troubleshooting audio related / user issues. However I think in your scenario there is a bit more than meets the immediate eye. In any case, I'm glad to see we've finally came to resolution (hope I'm not speaking too soon). I look forward to hearing back from you over the course of the next few days!

So now this being said, we actually have a few new things that are in the process, that will resolve this feature and a few other requests (I will not comment on just yet, but feel free to speculate) -- "suspense drum roll"

Thanks guys and have a great night!
    ________
    AMATEUR ORGY
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    So now this being said, we actually have a few new things that are in the process, that will resolve this feature and a few other requests (I will not comment on just yet, but feel free to speculate) -- "suspense drum roll"

Thanks guys and have a great night!
    I've been out of town for a while, so I haven't had a chance to test out the "fixed" Simul Ring yet. When I did last test it, it caused so many problems that I resolved not to test it again unless my wife is away AND I had her cell phone available to make the call as well as my cell phone available as the Simul Ring number. So it may be a few days before I can test again. However, I'm eagerly looking forward to the "new things" in this area.

Happy to say that I keep Simul Ring always on pointing to my cell phone and have not had any problems..

This thread however, prompted me to post about an unusual thing I noticed today.

Since my cell rings along with the main number, I can always see where the call is coming from. Today and yesterday for the first time, I noticed that one particular call came in with the name on the main line as 'unavailable', but on the cell with the full name. Since the call first hits VOIPo and then Simul Rings it to my cell, what makes the difference?

You cell does CNAM?
    Perhaps the cell company is using a different LIDB?

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    Today and yesterday for the first time, I noticed that one particular call came in with the name on the main line as 'unavailable', but on the cell with the full name. Since the call first hits VOIPo and then Simul Rings it to my cell, what makes the difference?
    Is it possible that the name and number are in your cell phone's phone book?