Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

We're happy to announce that our latest version of Simultaneous Ring has been pushed out. This version fixes a lot of the bugs in the last beta version and is redesigned to include a lot of additional functionality.

- Various bug fixes

- Call hunting option

- Auto answer toggle

- Caller announce

- Call handling menu

You can access it under Features - BETA - Simul Ring.

Ring All

With Ring All, your calls will ring your VOIPo line and an external destination both at the same time. Whichever call answers first will take the call.

Ring In Order/Call Hunt

With Ring In Order/Call Hunt, you can specify up to 2 external destinations and incoming calls will ring one at a time in order starting with your VOIPo adapter for the amount of time you specify.

Auto Answer/Caller Announce

When auto answer is enabled, your call will immediately be connected when you answer any ringing phone.

When auto answer is disabled and you answer a simul ring destination phone, you will get a menu announcing the caller and giving you 3 options to handle the call.

1 - Accept the call

2 - Send to voicemail

3 - Ignore the call (Call continues to ring other destinations)

This is especially useful if you have a cell phone as a destination number since if the cell phone voicemail comes on immediately, it would be bypassed since you would need to press 1 to accept the call.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

Tim.....

All I can Say is....WOW!

Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

Yeah... what burris said!

Really impressive Tim.

This is great! Just a clarification, however: "When auto-answer is disabled and you answer a simul ring destination phone" you get three call handling options. However, if you answer your primary phone -- not a simul ring destination phone -- you do NOT get the call handling options, correct? At least this is how I hope it works.

I activated the find me along with simul ring and when trying to answer a call on the main line...nothing.
    After I de-activated the feature, it took about 15 seconds to kick in before I was able to call out.
    Now, back to normal, except I get the stutter tone when receiving a dial tone...but I don't and never have the system voicemail turned on.
    Last edited by burris; 10-19-2009 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Voicemail

Quote Originally Posted by caseydoug View Post
    However, if you answer your primary phone -- not a simul ring destination phone -- you do NOT get the call handling options, correct? At least this is how I hope it works.
    Right. Only on the external ones. If you answer the VOIPo phone, it'll immediately connect.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

With both set to 15 seconds, I called from another phone that is not on the destination, the call answers right away on the main line...when answering on the destination cell, a voice says.."you have received a call from 1-761-xxxx and it offers the 3 choices.

When calling the main line from another phone, even after I answer on my destination cell, the main line rings a few additional times even after I answered on the cell. No problem..just mentioned it, but it works ok.

When calling the main number from my destination cell, it answers right away with no problems.

One additional observation....

We talked about the scheduling as related to disabling the simulring so the call does not hit the voice mail on the cell when it is turned off.

I turned off my destination cell and with the findme set to ring all...15 seconds...no auto answer, when I call from another line, the call goes right to my main line. For me, this eliminates the problem of setting a schedule. The cell on-off does this for me for the simulring issue.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    One additional observation....

We talked about the scheduling as related to disabling the simulring so the call does not hit the voice mail on the cell when it is turned off.

I turned off my destination cell and with the findme set to ring all...15 seconds...no auto answer, when I call from another line, the call goes right to my main line. For me, this eliminates the problem of setting a schedule. The cell on-off does this for me for the simulring issue.
    Yeah that's the main reason we put in the "Press 1 to Accept"...lots of complaints about cell phones being off and taking calls before with old one.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

I did access my voice mail and discovered that the first incoming call mentioned above...went right to voice mail, although I have it turned off..

My settings were findme...ring all...auto answer not checked.