Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: simulring vs google voice

Default Re: simulring vs google voice

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    But you can successfully call the cell from the VOIPo line?
    Yes. And there are times where it's worked, but then something changes (not by me) and it no longer works. I'm losing faith.

Thumbs down Re: simulring vs google voice

FINALLY!

Someone articulates the same symptom we've encountered.

We have all calls forwarded to our GV number precisely because simulring dies NOT work with GV.

It pains us that the only phones we can use to answer incoming calls are our cells because voipo cannot be picked up when GV is set to simulring. And... we must have two cells reachable so we cannot do without GV ...

Can't someone nail this already?!

Please.

I have an open ticket but haven't had (more) time to tackle this with support.

Quote Originally Posted by voipoh View Post
    If the GV number is used as Sim-ring number and a call comes in, your Voipo number may give a brief ring, but you won't get a chance to pickup that phone, as the call is Answered by GV.

You can ring multiple phones with GV but at Voipo it is effectively the same as forwarding.

Default Re: simulring vs google voice

Quote Originally Posted by fergessen View Post
    FINALLY!

Someone articulates the same symptom we've encountered.

We have all calls forwarded to our GV number precisely because simulring dies NOT work with GV.

It pains us that the only phones we can use to answer incoming calls are our cells because voipo cannot be picked up when GV is set to simulring. And... we must have two cells reachable so we cannot do without GV ...

Can't someone nail this already?!

Please.

I have an open ticket but haven't had (more) time to tackle this with support.
    Can't you just "ring-in-order" and give yourself a few seconds to answer on your main line before it even rings GV? I'm asking because I don't have GV yet (waiting...), but GV shouldn't even have a chance to take over if you ring the main line first. I'm guessing you want it to "ring-all" to avoid the delay.

We've had to disable simulring altogether because it has not been working reliably for us lately. I don't know what happened; it used to work great. That's one feature I really miss because we used it all the time to ring our cells if we didn't pick up at home.