Thread: System should not allow deletion of templates currently assigned to accounts

Default System should not allow deletion of templates currently assigned to accounts

I tested some error-checking regarding account templates this evening and identified the following...

When deleting an existing access template via the Accounts - Access Templates tab, the system does not check to see if the selected template is in use on any accounts prior to deletion.

I deleted an access template assigned to an account. Upon successful deletion, the system automatically assigned any accounts with that template back to the Full Service - All access template.

Even worse, while I have not tested to this level of detail, the behavior suggests that if an access template assigned to an account is deleted, the system would revert to the earliest created access template (theoretically, the access template with the smallest DB key). This could be ugly if, per se, a reseller accidentally deleted a heavily-used access template, and the one with the smallest DB key was, say, incoming only
    Watch the support lines light up!

For error checking purposes, I believe you should not be able to delete access templates that are currently in use (and, better yet, if you try to delete a template that is still in use, the error should list the accounts the template is currently assigned to).

Default Re: System should not allow deletion of templates currently assigned to accounts

Just thinking ...

Perhaps a work-around is it become a "suspended" plan on another TAB,
    It could be valid for prior accounts (grand-fathered) but not to modify or create net accounts. That would just be a DB flag field to take it out of circulation - or restore it.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!