Thread: Hardware Question

Default Hardware Question

Could you guys support something like this? Could we use this?

http://www.voipdw.com/Cisco-WRP400-G...400-g1-vdw.htm
    iVoIP Online
    http://www.ivoiponline.net
    877-208-2049

Default Re: Hardware Question

^ Might be a good idea as an upgrade option, except I would suggest an 802.11 n/g wireless type router if that option is going to be offered.

Default Re: Hardware Question

Quote Originally Posted by voipinit View Post
    ^ Might be a good idea as an upgrade option, except I would suggest an 802.11 n/g wireless type router if that option is going to be offered.
    That is why I would not want all my eggs in one basket. VoIP and Router is simpler, but discerning people would ultimately want a separate router. A simple wired Router/VoIP ATA is better for the uninitiated. Otherwise you start supporting wireless connections and security issues too.

With all the newer router firewall issues VOIPoTim has made reference to ...
    a latest-greatest router add its own config issues. A simple combined wired Router/ATA that is built-in sounds useful for troubleshooting. That is why the price of an HT502 sounded so good. It has a router to prove the customer router is creating issues by easilly taking it out of the picture. That then allows proof that their main network router needs setup considerations. Less of an impasse in opinion.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!