Thread: Softphone Question

Default Softphone Question

Hi,

I am potentially interested in porting my Vonage service to VoIPo.

In doing so, I'd ideally like a VoIPo ATA in my apartment, and a SIP app on my iPhone.

Does VoIPo support multi-presence so that I could simultaneously register both the ATA and the softphone to the single DID I'd be porting in from Vonage?

Thanks,
    rcrcr

Default Re: Softphone Question

Quote Originally Posted by rcrcr View Post
    Hi,

I am potentially interested in porting my Vonage service to VoIPo.

In doing so, I'd ideally like a VoIPo ATA in my apartment, and a SIP app on my iPhone.

Does VoIPo support multi-presence so that I could simultaneously register both the ATA and the softphone to the single DID I'd be porting in from Vonage?

Thanks,
    rcrcr
    The last time I tried this the one which registered last "won" out (for incoming calls). I believe the feedback from VOIPo was both should have received the call. This was using a softphone on a laptop (not an iPhone app).
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    The last time I tried this the one which registered last "won" out (for incoming calls). I believe the feedback from VOIPo was both should have received the call. This was using a softphone on a laptop (not an iPhone app).
    This is fixed now. Some of our newer servers were not added into the check for multiples (but are now).

If you have multiple registrations, all will ring.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

And there is no extra fee for a second registration? If so, that's great, Tim.

Thanks,
    rcrcr

If there is no second registration fee that would be great. VOIPo seems like a great service!

Tim,
    Earlier in this thread you said that the registration problem was fixed. Yesterday while doing some testing I had registered a linksys spa-508g and while it was registered calls only rang on the 508 and not the ata.

Quote Originally Posted by dlangley View Post
    Tim,
    Earlier in this thread you said that the registration problem was fixed. Yesterday while doing some testing I had registered a linksys spa-508g and while it was registered calls only rang on the 508 and not the ata.
    We'll double check it, but it should be working 100% now.

Were they behind a single router? It should work fine if on different networks, but if behind same network, the behavior will be sporadic since the router will almost always mix the traffic.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Yes, that explains it, they were behind the same router.