Thread: Grandstream HT502 ATA

Default Grandstream HT502 ATA

Have a pretty basic question. I setup my parents with VOIPo recently, and they have a combination of corded phones and a AT&T cordless phone system.

On the grandstream, I have all the corded phones going to line 1 and the AT&T cordless phone base going to line 2. We have dial tone on all lines.

The issue is when they pick up a call or initiate a call on one of the corded phones, they cannot pick up the call from one of the cordless handsets, as it's on line 2. Anyway around this?

The cordless base is right next to the ATA, the corded phones are throughout the home and wired to a junction in the basement, then it comes up to the ATA. I don't want to make any major wiring adjustments.

If nothing in the ATA can be adjusted, what about a 2 to 1 phone jack combiner? Then I would just use line 1?

Any help is appreciated. My parents love the phone service and the cost savings.

Justin

Default Re: Grandstream HT502 ATA

The line 1 and line 2 are "separate" lines, but have the same phone number. This lets them have a conversation on one phone line, and make a call (or receive another call) on the other line. I find it VERY convenient when my wife is on the phone and I need to make a phone call.

If you want all the phones to be tied to the same line like you mention above, a 2-1 splitter should work. But they then wouldn't be able to have two calls at the same time like they do now.
    Comcast -> SB6120 -> WRT54GL (Tomato 1.27) -> PAP2T
    Tomato settings: Ports Fowarded: 5000-65000 UDP, UDP Unreplied Timeout: 10, UDP Assured Timeout: 300, QoS Enabled, Static DHCP to PAP2T MAC address

OK, thanks for the explanation. I guess as it is right now, it's a feature, but it's just my parents, and I doubt my parents would ever need to make 2 separate phone calls at the same time, so I will try the 2-1 combiner.

What you want is a splitter, so both phone systems use phone port#1.

The signal from #1 and #2 should not be tied together.
    http://www.buy.com/prod/cables-to-go...203081421.html

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Thanks - that is what I need. I'm going to see if Radio Shack has those for cheaper, thanks.

Comcast -> SB6120 -> WRT54GL (Tomato 1.27) -> PAP2T
    Tomato settings: Ports Fowarded: 5000-65000 UDP, UDP Unreplied Timeout: 10, UDP Assured Timeout: 300, QoS Enabled, Static DHCP to PAP2T MAC address